• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah buddy! Fun watch. I’ve never seen it in person but I like it from pictures. Here is an unusual Bulgari that I only saw recently. It’s a Tadao Ando co-design but not the titanium one that we typically see. A bit large at 44mm (I think that was the size) but spectacular on the wrist. And I think a more cohesive design than his titanium one in the way that the tourbillon serves as the source of the expanding circles. But it was something like US180k. Apparently it was the last one available in a series of 8.

View attachment 1537807
Here you go. I posted this a while back. My thoughts of the carbon fiber and a wrist shot.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been slowly growing on me. Reflexive brand snobbery aside, seems like quite a lot of watch for the money. Yes it is big and thick, but so am I.

HERO-Breitling-Premier-B25-Datora-Salmon-Dial-AB251020_K1P1-scaled.jpg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been slowly growing on me. Reflexive brand snobbery aside, seems like quite a lot of watch for the money. Yes it is big and thick, but so am I.

View attachment 1910561

The number of occluded numerals kind of bothers me with this one. Only 1/4 are in a whole state! But I do like the aesthetics. I think I’d go with the chrono.

Still, a really nice watch particularly for its price.

symphvaria

Reaction score
I tried on the carbon fiber tourbillon at the Ginza boutique a couple years ago (as I understand it was the last of the 8 made at the time). It was spectacular but huge at 42mm. I owned the standard 40mm for several years. Here it is on my pencil neck 19cm wrist.

View attachment 1910485

The other Ando versions I never found very special.
The Ando versions that attracted me were actually just the regular 40mm versions. Something about how they emphasize the asymmetry of the dial and the circular aspects of the bezel were pretty interesting to me, at least moreso than the regular version's dial which I've never really warmed up to. Though it definitely does seem like I need to get it on the wrist before committing to anything, because if that's how it fairs on your pencil neck 19cm wrist, my even pencil neck-er 16cm wrist may not be suitable at all.

Here you go. I posted this a while back. My thoughts of the carbon fiber and a wrist shot.
Now that's something you really don't see every day though. Definitely quite the slab of watch.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1910561

This is stunning, despite the moonphase.

I really love the contrast between the steel of the case and the salmon/champagne/gold of the dial.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1910561
Not bad at all. I like the dial layout although not a huge fan of the numerals.

Breitling does get some hate, but I've always like the Chronomat chronographs like the salmon one posted. My next watch purchase will probably be a chronograph, and I like those 42mm Breitlings. Need to try one on in person, though.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re all going to make fun of me but I walked into a Hublot store the other day and tried the “integral” chronograph they had, the Big Bang. It had a black ceramic bracelet, and tbh I loved it lol.

The black ceramic is awesome irl. Looks like they go at reasonable used prices too but don’t pop up much.

Any other watches with black ceramic bracelets in the same $ range?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re all going to make fun of me but I walked into a Hublot store the other day and tried the “integral” chronograph they had, the Big Bang. It had a black ceramic bracelet, and tbh I loved it lol.

The black ceramic is awesome irl. Looks like they go at reasonable used prices too but don’t pop up much.

Any other watches with black ceramic bracelets in the same $ range?
I remember when the Chris Bangle BMWs came out. And there was this visceral reaction to them back then from almost everyone. Today every Toyota is vastly more "Bangle" shall we say. The first Bangle 7 series look positively stately today, especially compared to something like a RR Phantom let alone a contemporary "good taste" Rover (in navy with beige interiors, choice of the Central England father of 2.1 and a labrador).

Part of the Hublot hate was based on the ETA movements and ease of availability of fakes and mass marketing, all of which is now true of all the other brands except the ETA movements, which Hublot hasn't had for quite a long time IIRC (2005?). The design language is also much more mainstream if not somewhat dated.

Is hating on Hublot "boomer"? I'd ask a crypto bro but they've been scarce recently.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know PRIM watches from Czech Republic?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics