• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish someone went crazy and decided to start eating zombies.

Terminus-ites freaked out when they realized Bob had been bit. I guess even for teh cannibals it's still taboo.

Or maybe they didn't know what Rick knows about everyone being infected either way.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no. you misunderstood my statement. the zombie can't do damage because he can't bite anybody if he's wearing a plexiglass mass that even bullets can't do **** against.

I understood your statement and I agree, just adding that a plexiglass facemask doesn't make the zombie bulletproof

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm confused now as to whether it's you who doesn't understand or me who doesn't understand because your second statement makes no sense to me in context of what I wrote but my original point was that I didn't understand why anybody would shoot at a zombie wearing armour and mask and couldn't do any damage by biting people. Like why bother shooting at all even if the mask isn't bulletproof. What does it matter if the mask isn't bulletproof?

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well it would just be annoying having a zombie walking around that can't do anything. Imagine walking down the street, zombie behind you, grabbing you every once in a while and you having to smack it away. Just annoying but no reason to kill him. I'd just have him hang and be one of the dudes telling people he doesn't have boundries and grabs people occasionally.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no he shot him once in the leg so the zombie couldn't move or do anything but crawl (afaik). it didn't make sense to keep shooting cuz the gunfire would've drawn attention. the dude also clearly did not know to aim for the head or had terrible aim. that whole scene made no sense. they went back to save the guy who put them all in danger in the first place. they tugged at him a few times and then stuck around to get mobbed by zombies and didn't even kill him out of courtesy when they finally realized he was not saveable. the dude is impaled on two poles. you couldn't save him even if you had a hospital with a surgery room. the characters have zero reasoning and are incredibly stupid and it's really frustrating to watch

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So they're pretty much a perfect representation of the average person?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still don't understand why the whole group isn't moving along with a herd a la Michonne or Carol. I'd get used to the smell of zombie guts pretty quick since it looks like the easiest way to stay alive.

Bonggoy

Reaction score
I'm confused now as to whether it's you who doesn't understand or me who doesn't understand because your second statement makes no sense to me in context of what I wrote but my original point was that I didn't understand why anybody would shoot at a zombie wearing armour and mask and couldn't do any damage by biting people. Like why bother shooting at all even if the mask isn't bulletproof. What does it matter if the mask isn't bulletproof?

I guess it shows how people from Alexandria are woefully unprepared on how to deal with zombies.

I still don't understand why the whole group isn't moving along with a herd a la Michonne or Carol. I'd get used to the smell of zombie guts pretty quick since it looks like the easiest way to stay alive.

Somebody can start a business of ready to use Zombie deterrent similar to what Michonne was dragging along before. I can imagine a whole industry built around. Even TV shows (PIMP MY Zombie!).

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So they're pretty much a perfect representation of the average person?

i guess if the average person you hang around is utterly marsupialed?

or why they dont wear duck tape armor or any armor at all like they used to in woodbury? i would imagine wearing some armor would be better than getting bitten and dying even if it's hot

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesszs

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FEAR aired tonight. Thoughts?

Dislike the "mom" character, but think the best episodes are on the cusp. When the
govt shows up and starts marshaling people, isht will get interesting.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Yeah, we never got to see events from that perspective. And the thing I like about the characters is, none of them are hardened cops/sheriffs/SWAT members.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads