• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

the_drizzle

Reaction score

let me explain my theory,i think they pick up a sound and just walk into that direction untill something else catches their attention,so they could have walked for days or even weeks even though the heli flew off long after.
did you see how they all looked up at the heli and just walked in a straight line till they heard the gunshot and changed direction.so basically what im saying is they walk in a straight line untill something else catches their attention...or i could be completely wrong,just a theory.   

This is pretty close to how the graphic novel explains how zombies become herds.

They also mention that zombies tend to start following other zombies, so a herd walking through a city suddenly becomes much larger as it attracts the rest of the zombies.

While I get the bad-assed appeal of a bald black chick who walks around with a sword and 2 armless zombies chained to her at all times, it comes a little like Mortal Kombat cosplayish.

Her back story is that she fenced in college. She explains that the zombies she had on chains were her father & boyfriend if i remember correctly and they eventually stopped trying to attack her...never fully explained.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
it's actually her ex bf and his best friend. and she cut off their jaws/teeth and arms so they couldn't attack her, and eventually they just stopped trying. they act as deterrents to other zombies

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's actually her ex bf and his best friend. and she cut off their jaws/teeth and arms so they couldn't attack her, and eventually they just stopped trying. they act as deterrents to other zombies

OMG - is it too much to ask for a Zombie Carl on a leash???

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow that is badass

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my kid watched the first few min. of the show tonight. First words out of his mouth (in reference to the approaching Zombies)
"first, its a horde not a herd"
I thought of this thread.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So they can stay focused on a helicopter they caught a glimpse of indefinitely but they will stop trying to eat the delicious human right in front of them dragging them by a leash.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no arms and no jaw

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the zombies would be smart enough to know they were missing teeth to eat with.

Anyways, a coworker explained it to me that in the book they are somehow trained to be obedient or something?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol at the new title of this thread. I gave up on this show midway through last season but it's amusing to see that everyone is still watching despite the fact that nobody seems to like it.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd rather carry a spear with a very narrow point than a sword. You can keep the zombros at a distance and you just need to poke them in the head. Quicker attack time and you don't run the risk of the blade getting stuck in what-not-aries.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol at the new title of this thread. I gave up on this show midway through last season but it's amusing to see that everyone is still watching despite the fact that nobody seems to like it.

I really like the show, but it's also a lot of fun (for me) to complain about it.

Thought the new thread title is great too.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
+1
Hopefully, all this bitching will go away come Season 3. But even with Michonne and the Governor cast, pretty sure all the nitpicky over-30 crowd will still be like, "Huh? She carries a sword? Isn't that a little inconvenient? Where's the REALISM?!?!" Then like, continue watching every episode anyway.

Oh to be young again and not know the difference between **** and shinola.

You don't get it, junior. I want the show to win, but every time they lay out another line of idiotic dialogue, a face-slapping plot device, or some WTF character action I want to kick the TV in the teeth.

They've been on the farm for a few months, and knowing that the stream is drying and the bad guys are probably looking for them they have no fortifications of any kind?

No supplies for a quick getaway? No rallying point? No defensive plan (other than headshots from moving cars with infinite ammo)? They stop on the road among a few hundred cars and decide to travel yet run out of gas?

Quote:
So my kid watched the first few min. of the show tonight. First words out of his mouth (in reference to the approaching Zombies)
"first, its a horde not a herd"
I thought of this thread.

I think it's a shamble of Zombies.

Hate this show. Can't wait for season 3 so I can hate it more.

Get out of here, Carl!.

lefty

Last edited:

valium

Reaction score
lol man you really get upset over this show,well i agree with you about not siphoning off any gas from the cars on the highway,or **** just look around which has the most gas in it and take it.
speaking of cars/gas why they havent found a bus or greyhound and fortified it with some steel plates is beyond me.thats the first thing i would do,or **** just grab a tank or something.
Quote:

Oh to be young again and not know the difference between **** and shinola.

You don't get it, junior. I want the show to win, but every time they lay out another line of idiotic dialogue, a face-slapping plot device, or some WTF character action I want to kick the TV in the teeth.

They've been on the farm for a few months, and knowing that the stream is drying and the bad guys are probably looking for them they have no fortifications of any kind?

No supplies for a quick getaway? No rallying point? No defensive plan (other than headshots from moving cars with infinite ammo)? They stop on the road among a few hundred cars and decide to travel yet run out of gas?

Quote:

I think it's a shamble of Zombies.

Hate this show. Can't wait for season 3 so I can hate it more.

Get out of here, Carl!.

lefty

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
lol man you really get upset over this show,well i agree with you about not siphoning off any gas from the cars on the highway,or **** just look around which has the most gas in it and take it.
speaking of cars/gas why they havent found a bus or greyhound and fortified it with some steel plates is beyond me.thats the first thing i would do,or **** just grab a tank or something.

Exactly ... Road Warrior that ****.

lefty

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of tanks, there was one in the first season. Sigh. Just watched the final two episodes, skipped everything since first two episodes. Had potential to end on a bag, but again stupidity reared its head again.

I have to agree with lefty about the whole farm house. Seriously, were the people there expecting to stay there forever? They were so keen on checking to make sure the perimeter was secure but failed to devise a plan if and when the zombies came? Like a meeting point if the group were to ever seperate. Ugh. So frustrating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads