• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nachobarro

Reaction score
I ordered from the as well, first time. Same hazy explanation about customs issues outside their control and why the item has not moved since the 3rd of December... So, not the best start with matches for me.
My order has been released from customs and is now in Eindhoven (Netherlands) so maybe I'll get it before the end of the week, finger's crossed.

Anyone here owns a beanie from Drake's? How big are they and how is the fit? My old and trusty Carhartt navy beanie is on it's last legs, and I was thinking about getting a pair. I have a big head, so I need a big beanie ;)

Treble

Reaction score
My order has been released from customs and is now in Eindhoven (Netherlands) so maybe I'll get it before the end of the week, finger's crossed.

Anyone here owns a beanie from Drake's? How big are they and how is the fit? My old and trusty Carhartt navy beanie is on it's last legs, and I was thinking about getting a pair. I have a big head, so I need a big beanie ;)

For lambswool, not really worth the brand premium in my opinion. Found they go a bit slack as well, could be good for you though. Worth a sales pickup.

nachobarro

Reaction score
I have 4 beanies...IME, I found the angora/ wool blends fit larger than the 100% wool. I have a large melon, so they definitely work for me.

They do stretch out over time, but I just toss them in the dryer on low for a few mins to tighten them up again.
Thank you!

I’ll be looking to grab one on sale, the Angora beanies have a smaller fold? Or they are the same as the wool ones?

ikoiko

Reaction score
Picked up the ALD carpenter pant today. Can't knock the branding this time around. Presentation and details are wonderful. I like the fit, a lot. But the material (and I should have known this from the 24% linen) is very, very thin and light. Not like your typical Drake's canvas. Let's just say a hammer wouldn't last five minutes in that loop... not that I'm doing any real labor in these.

Leaves me scratching my head as to how these made it into a F/W '23 release. I'll be saving them for S/S '24.

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score

I have two of the cashmere beanies (navy and a light camel color that's not offered this year, which is actually my favorite) and a bunch of the non-cashmere ones that I've collected over the years. IMO the cashmere ones are very nice — surprisingly thick, substantial, very warm, and also generally a little bigger than the non-cashmere ones (if that's a selling point). I think they're worth the splurge. I like the other ones too and wear them often, but they're definitely flimsier and feel more dispensable. You're mostly paying for the unique colors and donegal patterns, which admittedly are a great complement to all the other things by Drake's that you're likely to be wearing that day. All that said, on a truly cold day I almost always choose one of the cashmere ones.

asewonder

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a change in sizing with the Crosby/Clifford boots recently? I have two pairs in a 7 UK that fit great, but just ordered a new pair in the same size that fits at least half a size smaller.

nachobarro

Reaction score
This friday I received the Madras Navy work shirt. I think it’s a beautiful shirt and the material feels amazing.

Still getting used to the fit, they are shorter than Drake’s OCBDs but still longer than most shirts so while it works wearing untucked, it looks the best wearing tucked in.

Also, didn’t expect work shirts to have a more slim fit in the shoulders.

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a change in sizing with the Crosby/Clifford boots recently? I have two pairs in a 7 UK that fit great, but just ordered a new pair in the same size that fits at least half a size smaller.
I would recommend a half size up on Crosby and Clifford’s. On Drake’s they recommend the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads