• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ibiscus

Reaction score
Hi,
That might be a naive question but do you think one can expect sample sale in London in 2023? As Swiss customer I could not order at the last Archive Sale, that’s why I asking.. many thanks

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score
new look book is slick

Take_Layout10.jpg

espen

Reaction score
New lookbook is really solid—totally approachable styling (okay, maybe less the excessive layering but I appreciate the concept!), and personality to boot.

Always cool to see people enjoying their clothes (which, happens like 10% of the time on the internet)

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being 100% remote, this is as dressy as it gets most days since I'm usually only leaving the house to pick up my 3 yo from preschool. Current season boucle fleece I picked up from End during their most recent sale. I'm a 16.5 in shirts, 44 in the sole Drake's sweater I have, 42 R/L in most other brands and went with a 42 in the fleece. It's bigger than expected, but I really like the slouchy fit. Sid Mashburn denim, ancient Ovadia & Sons chukkas.

BBF3D4B2-EBB0-4CD3-90D0-CF1354B7CAEB.jpeg

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being 100% remote, this is as dressy as it gets most days since I'm usually only leaving the house to pick up my 3 yo from preschool. Current season boucle fleece I picked up from End during their most recent sale. I'm a 16.5 in shirts, 44 in the sole Drake's sweater I have, 42 R/L in most other brands and went with a 42 in the fleece. It's bigger than expected, but I really like the slouchy fit. Sid Mashburn denim, ancient Ovadia & Sons chukkas.

View attachment 1907811
Do you wear your shoes inside during the whole day, or were you just about to get out to pick up your kid?

justinpledger

Reaction score
There is barely any visual difference between the size 44 and 42 cotton canvas chore jackets. The linen one feels much bigger in the shoulders.

View attachment 1908643
At first glance, I thought the 42 was the 44! You're right, there's very little in it at all though. I'd actually size down and maybe even go for a 40 (if that wouldn't be too tight with the layers you want to wear). But that's because I think the linen chore jackets look great slightly oversized because the shoulders drape over the shoulders well but with the denim, cotton canvas and slightly less soft fabrics they don't look as good because the shoulders don't drape as such. I prefer a boxy but fitted look, especially on the shoulders. Perhaps that's why the linen chores come up bigger. For me, it's also the width of the arms - in the cotton canvas they look kinda big/wide but in the linen they look much more svelte. From your earlier posts I'm guessing that you wouldn't want to go below a 42 but between the 44 and the 42 you have here, I'd go with whichever feels the most comfortable! Definitely

8x8

Reaction score
There is barely any visual difference between the size 44 and 42 cotton canvas chore jackets. The linen one feels much bigger in the shoulders.

View attachment 1908643
I think the ever so slight extra length of the size 44 cotton canvas chore is a more balanced look. To me the 44 looks best on you. Plus you have more room for layering.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
At first glance, I thought the 42 was the 44! You're right, there's very little in it at all though. I'd actually size down and maybe even go for a 40 (if that wouldn't be too tight with the layers you want to wear). But that's because I think the linen chore jackets look great slightly oversized because the shoulders drape over the shoulders well but with the denim, cotton canvas and slightly less soft fabrics they don't look as good because the shoulders don't drape as such. I prefer a boxy but fitted look, especially on the shoulders. Perhaps that's why the linen chores come up bigger. For me, it's also the width of the arms - in the cotton canvas they look kinda big/wide but in the linen they look much more svelte. From your earlier posts I'm guessing that you wouldn't want to go below a 42 but between the 44 and the 42 you have here, I'd go with whichever feels the most comfortable! Definitely
I would keep the 42 had I only worn single layers but I live in a place where the sun does not shine.

htinlinn

Reaction score
Has anyone tried hemming a Drake’s oxford shirt? Bad idea?

I feel like they would be great for wearing untucked if not for the back which is quite long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads