• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinpledger

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

so I've bought the Green Waxed Coverall jacket in sizes 36 and 38 since looking at the measurements online and having consulted with the Drake's staff by email I was not sure which size should I get.

The jacket is beautiful but it is very very boxy. Here are some pictures of both sizes wearing only a white t-shirt, the thickest sweater I have and a Noah hoodie.

36:

38:

These are my measurements:

38" Chest.
18" Shoulders.
177cm Height.
73,5kg Weight.

Tipically I wear a size M in most brands or 38-40.

The size 36 I think fits the best, however I am not entirely comfortable moving my arms and shrinking my chest if I wear a fat layer. I have a Barbour Beaufort the Noah in size M and a Bedale in size 38 and although they are narrower in the body, the arms and shoulders have more room.

I know these jackets have to fit roomy but I don't know if the size 38 is too roomy.

What do you think? I hate being between 2 sizes :(

Hey, I always hesitate to reply when people ask for advice on fit as it's so subjective but sometimes I want to ask people too and I always want them to be honest. I think the jacket is gorgeous but it does look boxy. However, it's the surplus of fabric on the arms that makes it look too big in the photos as opposed to any boxiness in the body. The arms look too big in both sizes. It looks like there's a lot of loose fabric around your upper arms especially. The cuff on the 38 also looks really wide (sure, you can fasten it with the popper but still...) and even on the 36 it's a little too much. I'd say that if you're having doubts now then those doubts are only likely to grow (they would for me anyway). It's not an inexpensive jacket either...
Being between two sizes is a total bummer. I tried on a houndstooth tailored jacket from Drake's this week that I so wanted, and it just wasn't right. The smaller size was too small and one size up was too big. So, if the photos you've posted are a really accurate depiction of how the coat fits, I'd say return it or swap it for something you instantly love the moment you put it on.
I hope that helps!

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
Drake's suit and polo.

26 février 3.jpg

Last edited:

erenasena

Reaction score
Does anybody know the collar point length of Drake's OCBDs, and if it's not too much trouble, could you post a picture of how you measure it? I have bought a few and the collars of one look too short. Photos often distort reality, so I would like to gauge it more objectively.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
How does the rugby shirt feel? soft/flexible or has it a certain thickness/roughness ("densely knitted", "substantial feeling" says the website…)?

Cotton is very thick. Beautiful material. Very comfortable.
I'm a L. I bought the polo on ebay for 60 euros. It's a XL. A little big but nothing dramatic.

Retri

Reaction score
So, I've just gotten a mail from the customs stating that I'm on the hook for 80 Euro for a pair of Bleach Wash 14.2oz Japanese Selvedge Denim Five-Pocket Jeans I purchased online on the 14th of December 2021 (!) that were then returned a couple of days later cause the fit wasn't quite right.

I'm in Italy and the item was shipping from the UK. It's also never happened before or since, with Drake's.

I was under the impression that Drake's made you pay for custom taxes in advance by calculating them at checkout - or something - is my mind playing tricks on me?

Could anybody confirm whether this was true or not in December 2k21? Thanks in advance.

looseandwavey

Reaction score
So, I've just gotten a mail from the customs stating that I'm on the hook for 80 Euro for a pair of Bleach Wash 14.2oz Japanese Selvedge Denim Five-Pocket Jeans I purchased online on the 14th of December 2021 (!) that were then returned a couple of days later cause the fit wasn't quite right.

I'm in Italy and the item was shipping from the UK. It's also never happened before or since, with Drake's.

I was under the impression that Drake's made you pay for custom taxes in advance by calculating them at checkout - or something - is my mind playing tricks on me?

Could anybody confirm whether this was true or not in December 2k21? Thanks in advance.
My understanding is that you shouldn't pay customs on items that were returned. So regardless of if you did pay the customs when purchasing, telling them were returned should be enough to solve it.

espen

Reaction score
Looks like yee-haw is definitely on the menu.

I think it works in this context. It’s going to be a very subtle take, western yokes, or the subtle flourishes on the belts. Nothing outlandish and it’ll work with everything else. Change and evolution is good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member