• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Treble

Reaction score
First overcoat = Navy or Grey for versatility.

I think the herringbone makes sense, and you have two shades to pick from, as unless you frequently wear other items in that fabric it will always act as a nice contrast to plain fabrics, whereas Navy under Navy could get a bit lost.

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score
Anyone have a hunch who Drake's made in England coverall jacket is produced by? Surely it's not that obscure, like most of Drake's makers of their stuff. Dying to know!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
x-post from our affiliate thread

Few new arrivals from Drake's

Drake's Brown Herringbone Wool Raglan Coat
70A77F5E-CBB9-426C-BA19-16448178B057_1_201_a.jpeg

Brown Houndstooth Check Harris Tweed Games Blazer Mk. VII
EA01B170-3D92-4CD6-8ECB-2A896160BE02_1_201_a.jpeg

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Anyone have a hunch who Drake's made in England coverall jacket is produced by? Surely it's not that obscure, like most of Drake's makers of their stuff. Dying to know!

Drake’s had one or two collaborations with Private White back in 2014/2015 and they’ve experience with waxed cotton and produce in England. So that’s one possibility. Drake’s also did a few collaborations with Mackintosh around the same time but they’re in Scotland and specialize primarily in rubberized cotton, I believe.

henrip

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After many comparison, I’m considering to get the Drake’s
Wool twill raglan. First time I would wear an overcoat. Any advice on colors/shades for a (raglan) coat? I have a tendency to always go for the easy navy option and would like something else this time… the subtle green of the Drake’s seems as versatile as navy to me but I might be wrong…
Many thanks!

I bought this one as my first overcoat that I would actually wear almost on daily basis.
IMG_3532.jpeg

IMG_3533.jpeg

I really love my coat and it gets compliments really often. But that’s the thing, people do notice it and remember it. This makes it hard to wear the coat too often. I suppose gray herringbone would look just as nice but people wouldn’t notice it as strongly and I could wear and enjoy the same coat everyday 😄

IMG_3535.jpeg

Back then I could have chosen this as well
IMG_3534.jpeg

Basically any color you choose will look fantastic so don’t worry about it too much. Consider sizing up because the shoulders are surprisingly narrow. I wear mostly M/38 from Drake’s but bought the coat in size 40 and probably should have bought 42

Retri

Reaction score
How’s your experience with boujeepeople?

Quick shipment, very responsive via email and instagram and the products were 100% as described and original, with labels and all; the only downside is the steep customs fees I got to pay since I'm buying from Italy, which was like 20% of the final price or something. Still worth it compared to the original price on the Drake's website tho.

nachobarro

Reaction score
PSA, great sales in some items on Matches (specially for the big guys). Grabbed this beautiful shirt:

For less than 50% of the Drake's MSRP.

They have some games pants and jackets and a few Coveralls (size 46 i think, so you definitely for the big guys) but worth checking out.

Speaking about the Wool Raglan Coat, I'd really love to buy one (last year I almost bought it, had a trip planned to London so I thought it was better to buy that coat in-store, sadly it got cancelled in the end) but the missing ticket pocket in this year's version has been a real turn off.

Maybe is my brain doing weird things, but it feels the coat is missing something design-wise, that little pocket make the look of it much more aesthetically pleasing and also, losing pockets in an outer layer doesn't make sense.

(yeah, this guy is crazy you might think haha, it's just a tiny little pocket).

So yeah, I don't know if I should wait for next years version (but I think it will be the same) or wait until I find one coat in my size 38 in navy or Dark Grey...

Last edited:

justinpledger

Reaction score
PSA, great sales in some items on Matches (specially for the big guys). Grabbed this beautiful shirt:

For less than 50% of the Drake's MSRP.

They have some games pants and jackets and a few Coveralls (size 46 i think, so you definitely for the big guys) but worth checking out.

Speaking about the Wool Raglan Coat, I'd really love to buy one (last year I almost bought it, had a trip planned to London so I thought it was better to buy that coat in-store, sadly it got cancelled in the end) but the missing ticket pocket in this year's version has been a real turn off.

Maybe is my brain doing weird things, but it feels the coat is missing something design-wise, that little pocket make the look of it much more aesthetically pleasing and also, losing pockets in an outer layer doesn't make sense.

(yeah, this guy is crazy you might think haha, it's just a tiny little pocket).

So yeah, I don't know if I should wait for next years version (but I think it will be the same) or wait until I find one coat in my size 38 in navy or Dark Grey...
Thanks for the tip re: Matches. I bought two shirts! One I’d already bought so that was annoying but I like it so much that it’s ok to have two. Does anyone else do that? Buy two of things that they love?

Anywayyy, I think you’re totally right about that tiny little pocket. The new coats without it look weird. And that little pocket is extremely useful! I won’t be buying any of the coats without it.

nachobarro

Reaction score
@justinpledger a few pics of the coverall in my usual size (38). (I don't have a nice setup like @Mood Indigo and I'm wearing slippers , so please don't be too hard :) )

IMG_2380.jpeg IMG_2381.jpeg IMG_2382.jpeg IMG_2383.jpeg IMG_2384.jpeg

and size 36:

IMG_2373.jpeg IMG_2377.jpeg IMG_2376.jpeg IMG_2375.jpeg IMG_2374.jpeg

Wearing an OCBD and a shetland underneath. I think I'd rather the fit of the 36 better, but 38 is more comfortable, hard to judge the fit because of the stiffness of the waxed cotton though.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
@justinpledger a few pics of the coverall in my usual size (38). (I don't have a nice setup like @Mood Indigo and I'm wearing slippers , so please don't be too hard :) )

View attachment 2082631 View attachment 2082633 View attachment 2082635 View attachment 2082637 View attachment 2082639

and size 36:

View attachment 2082641 View attachment 2082643 View attachment 2082645 View attachment 2082647 View attachment 2082649

Wearing an OCBD and a shetland underneath. I think I'd rather the fit of the 36 better, but 38 is more comfortable, hard to judge the fit because of the stiffness of the waxed cotton though.

Better in 36, IMO.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member