• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, I’m happy to provide more detail on my experience.

I was really excited to try Bryceland’s. On my first two visits, I left with a couple of chore jackets, a bandana and some accessories. There’d been a mix up with collecting one of the chores, which was a pain as it was a wasted journey of over two hours but the team there were very gracious.

It was my third visit that things didn’t go well. I went there with a close friend to collect a half-zip chambray shirt that I ordered online.

Upon trying the shirt, it was clear that it didn’t suit me or fit me at all well. The staff member assisting us insisted that it looked great. It really didn’t. And so I asked if I could simply not take it home and get a refund. I was offered an exchange. This less than straightforward policy led me to feel compelled to choose something else. I tried on a few things, each time being told that they looked perfect, as they should, and that it really suited me etc. I left with a linen cabana shirt. Wholly impractical for the season and not really, ‘me’ (as I soon realised).

My friend commented on how pushy the staff seemed. Being disingenuous about fit when I was trying things that didn't fit well at all but was told that they did, and also guiding me towards a purchase that was not only stylistically unsuitable but also impractical given the time of year.

Reflecting on my experience at home, I decided to email the team and explain how I felt. I was given a credit note for the cabana (they themselves noted how difficult it would be to sell to someone else given that it was autumn).

My experience taught me several things. Firstly that it’s crucial for sales staff to balance being helpful and honest (and building a relationship with a customer) with the need to make a sale. They should ideally guide customers towards purchases that are not only stylistically suitable but also practical. Otherwise, customers can feel discomfort and it can lead to regrettable purchases.

Secondly, a more flexible, open return policy (when not abused of course) enhances a shopping experience and helps to build trust in a brand.

Thirdly, my initial positive feelings about the brand and significant expenditure during my first two visits set a certain level of expectation for customer service. I really wanted to build a relationship with them as I have with other stores. They showed little interest in genuinely building a relationship with me. Despite me already spending some pretty good money with them.

Fourthly, and probably most importantly, standing your ground, trusting your own judgment about what suits you and personal-decision making are paramount. But Bryceland's was a new brand to me and I was relying, in some ways, on the team there to show me around.

I feel sad about my experience because I know how different it can be. I know that I can rely on the team at Anderson, Drake’s and others to be really honest with me. To help guide me. I’ve built up good relationships with them and am deeply loyal as a result.

When brands get it right, when they show an interest in who you are, your style, when they're honest with you and open and genuine - it can be transformative. I love Drake's customer service and the team there. And, because they've taken me on this journey with the brand, almost everything I buy is now from them. Because I trust them. They're brilliant.

The way I imagine this going down is the stereotype of Brits being overly polite.

Justin: "I don't think I like how this looks on me."

Bryceland's SA: "Sure you do, it looks great."

Justin: "Oh, okay then. I suppose I'll take it."

wahnamhong

Reaction score
New pic on the website. Today I wore my navy coverall when it was around freezing temps, with a rollneck and flannel blazer. Very happy with this purchase.

IMG_6099.png

Ibiscus

Reaction score
That’s a shame. You should let them know if you haven’t. I had something sent in a paper bag and I do hate it when brands do that. But if you let them know, they’re very responsive to feedback and ensuring that they send out orders in the way that the customer likes/prefers.
You’re right. I’ll let them know it was inappropriate.

Ibiscus

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After many comparison, I’m considering to get the Drake’s
Wool twill raglan. First time I would wear an overcoat. Any advice on colors/shades for a (raglan) coat? I have a tendency to always go for the easy navy option and would like something else this time… the subtle green of the Drake’s seems as versatile as navy to me but I might be wrong…
Many thanks!

justinpledger

Reaction score
New pic on the website. Today I wore my navy coverall when it was around freezing temps, with a rollneck and flannel blazer. Very happy with this purchase.

View attachment 2080625
It's amazingly warm! It's been pretty cold here in London and when I take my dog, Maisie out, I just wear a t-shirt, flannel shirt and a scarf with the coverall and am really toasty

justinpledger

Reaction score
Throwing my two cents in as well.

My navy Waxed Coverall (42) arrived today and is a thing of utter beauty.

Arm length is spot on and the more substantial build and lining will definitely keep out the cold weather better than some Barbour’s or Belstaffs I’ve worn before.

Loving the fact this piece has a couple of internal pockets compared to some other Drakes jackets I’ve got.

Even came with a Drakes dust bag which is fantastic.

I just wish my Chasseur jacket, costing near enough the same, came packaged as neatly and with the addition of the dust bag.

Nevertheless, this jacket has got to be my favourite purchase from drakes thus far.

I’ll try and upload pics over the weekend.
Yay! Am so glad that you love it, it really is a beautiful jacket. Do post pics if you can.

justinpledger

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Wool twill raglan. First time I would wear an overcoat. Any advice on colors/shades for a (raglan) coat? I have a tendency to always go for the easy navy option and would like something else this time… the subtle green of the Drake’s seems as versatile as navy to me but I might be wrong…
Many thanks!
I think the dark grey herringbone is always very easy to wear and the fabric is lovely. The green Donegal is very beautiful though. The brown herringbone is also nice, although brown can be a bit meh, and it doesn't have the ticket pocket. I'd be sorely tempted by the green. I think, if you're already drawn to that one then you should try it. I saw it at Savile Row last weekend and, whilst I didn't try it on, I did notice that it's a fantastic colour.

Wim

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Many thanks!
Both are pretty versatile choices. What will you be wearing with it? The green will be perfect with denim, light chino's, suits in navy, tobacco, russet, brown, and any shade of grey, or the patterned tweeds like the shepherd's check artist chore, the brown houndstooth or Prince of Wales (games) blazers. The navy and grey coats would combine well with denim, navy and grey suits, lighter chino's, the corn yellow and olive games suits. For me, the grey and navy feel a bit more formal/city/weekday, the green one outdoors/weekend. But really, apart from the color coordination with the rest of your wardrobe, you can't really go wrong with either. Like @justinpledger, I'd think twice about the brown HB, but mostly because it would more difficult to combine with other pieces.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member