• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome! Thanks so much! I may place an MTO order for a pair of balmoral boots.

Where do you guys usually get MTO order places? I am leaning towards shopmehra, but also open to other options.

Thanks again!

I always Emailed Vass directly.

Best to have a picture of what you want specifically to overcome the language barriers.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another in my favorites list, Tarnsjo captoe boots.
46424255-2062-4937-8D8E-78924CEE2753.jpeg

Xune

Reaction score
A pair that should arrive next week... :) Or is it the pair?
Wholecuts on last F (with slightly increased instep, at least that was ordered) in museum calf brown with goyser/triple stitch and double leather sole tapered to single. Oh, and sunken rubber toes!
XKdEorX.jpg

E6oQP55.jpg

Last edited:

Xune

Reaction score
I did not wear them for the whole day, just tried them on - hence not really matching rest :D I could not wait to put them on anyway!
TaFi815.jpg

gKGEfRt.jpg

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean ordering such a pair directly to Vass? or you are mentioning to a particular make up? I wear 38 from Vass.

Oh just that I only see 39 being the smallest size on their website. They also just got back to me and said that they only make sizes down to 39. How did you get a hold of a 38?

bamboo

Reaction score
Oh just that I only see 39 being the smallest size on their website. They also just got back to me and said that they only make sizes down to 39. How did you get a hold of a 38?

Mine is F last and MTO. maybe they just have upto 39 only for webshop or could be last dependent. but one of my boots have even smaller trees than 38 for the easy removal, so I guess they have smaller size than 38.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is F last and MTO. maybe they just have upto 39 only for webshop or could be last dependent. but one of my boots have even smaller trees than 38 for the easy removal, so I guess they have smaller size than 38.

Thanks! I'll be in Budapest in a few weeks and I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love this pair.

D4B60CCA-B87A-4C52-AC31-CA82FEDE6C1B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads