• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone post pics of Vass used museum calf shoes? I want to see how it creases after wearing and if it looks like the way Enzo Bonafe museum calf creases.

Thanks.

Here is a side by side pic of enzo adelaides in bracken museum calf vs Vass chukkas in gold museum.

P_20160316_162749_zpsotjshdtf.jpg

Tbh, I feel this whole issue of enzo mc creasing excessively is a little over stated.
There are many things that influence creasing, fit being one of the most important. And also the model of the shoes being discussed.

Moreover, all leather creases.... so it's really a non factor... at least that's how I feel.
The only thing that eliminates creases, that I know of, is botox.

Last edited:

azumi

Reaction score
Thank ThunderMarch ( I was born in March)

I know every leather creases and I don't bother about it but my EB museum calf creases way too much and I heard that someone on this forum told that Vass mc has less much creases than EB mc.

Anyway, your shoes doesn't look like regular calf more than museum calf although they are mc.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know every leather creases and I don't bother about it but my EB museum calf creases way too much and I heard that someone on this forum told that Vass mc has less much creases than EB mc.

Anyway, your shoes doesn't look like regular calf more than museum calf although they are mc.

The lining on my Enzos seems thinner than the lining on my Vass shoes. Perhaps that's a factor? Also, from the pictures I've seen here on SF and IG (including my own), it looks like the very steep instep of the most popular Bonafe lasts like 946, 804 just isn't suited to many folks' feet (including my own). It's possible that excess room around the instep and vamp is causing extreme creasing.

I don't know for sure if both brands source hides from the same tannery (maybe someone can confirm this).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone post pics of Vass used museum calf shoes? I want to see how it creases after wearing and if it looks like the way Enzo Bonafe museum calf creases.

Thanks.

That would be me, lol. The Vass shoes are older and worn more than the EB shoes. In fact, this what the EB shoes looked like after a couple of yours unfortunately. They've been worn approximately 5x in total.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure on that front. The creasing on the right shoe is a tad extensive for 5 wears, in my opinion. Certainly a shine would do much to mitigate the "issue," but not everyone is going to love shining/polishing their shoes every few wears.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I said, they had deep creases after only a couple of hours. They get more pronounced after a couple of hours of wear. In this picture, they've had trees in them for over a week without any wear. Creases can't be remedied with polish. I usually don't mind them, but the ones on the EB shoes are to pronounced after such a short time in my opinion. You could polish the shoes, but the creases would reappear as soon as you take the shoe trees out.

Having said that, I definitely favour Vass over Enzo Bonafe. As a matter of fact, I'm in the middle of placing an order with Vass for a pair of Old English plain model in brown museum calf on the F-last :D

Last edited:

letsi

Reaction score
^
I agree that my enzos has deeper creases than my Vass even though my enzos had seen lesser wears than the Vass.
I always suspected it was due to the softer and thinner leather on my enzos but I don't have a conclusive answer :embar:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I agree that my enzos has deeper creases than my Vass even though my enzos had seen lesser wears than the Vass.
I always suspected it was due to the softer and thinner leather on my enzos but I don't have a conclusive answer
shog[1].gif

I'm not sure, as this problem doesn't occur with EB's regular calf shoes. Why would they use different lining for regular and museum calf? If memory serves me well, Bonafè isn't keen on disclosing which tannery it's using as its museum calf supplier. I might be confusing this matter with Carmina though, not sure. In either case, it's not optimal.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F last balmoral in oxblood
HAF leather plus topy
Italian polish (my request)
Matching belt

Order placed ~2/12. That's insanely fast. Fit pics soon.

@Shouldaville

Congrats! Those are gorgeous. Might have to place an order for a similar Valway—that's too handsome to pass up. Cheers.

Last edited:

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Order placed ~2/12. That's insanely fast. Fit pics soon.

@Shouldaville

Congrats! Those are gorgeous. Might have to place an order for a similar Valway—that's too handsome to pass up. Cheers.

Thanks, and very nice on yours as well. I've worn both of my new boots once each, and have decided it is best for me to stick with 43. May pass along the 43.5 Valway and reorder.

cypi2

Reaction score
Currently located in the U.S., I am considering ordering Vass MTO shoes. Could you, please, recommend a few retailers or proxies with whom you have ordered Vass MTO and whose service you have enjoyed? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carollesteru