• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MaitM

Reaction score
Hi all, I know Vass is a bit legendary for their... gentlemanly pace, let's say, but I emailed them (once with a question, once with the shoe fitting form) two weeks ago, and then a week ago went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair of RTW.

I've heard nothing back and the order only shows as paid and ready to ship. Is this all normal? Just need to cool my jets?

Even if this is their way of operation, it's not normal. I'd attempt to contact them and inquire on status of the order.

Moo Wenwu

Reaction score
Even though Vass customer care recommended against it, I went up half a size compared to my true size that I order F last shoes in. While it is a good fit in toes area, you need to know that U-last has very high instep, with my flat feet the shoes are almost unwearable. You can fix this issue with tongue pads, insoles and other such accessories but you really don't want to do that, I feel these create pressure points and ruin the comfort of the shoe. If a shoe doesn't fit straight out a of box then I won't keep it.

thank you for the insight! This has really prompted me to learn more about my feet. I think my feet are somewhat flat, which causes the infamous “ankle bowing” issues on my other shoes on the AE 5 last. I think my feet won’t fit the U last because of that..

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I know Vass is a bit legendary for their... gentlemanly pace, let's say, but I emailed them (once with a question, once with the shoe fitting form) two weeks ago, and then a week ago went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair of RTW.

I've heard nothing back and the order only shows as paid and ready to ship. Is this all normal? Just need to cool my jets?
it happens like that sometimes,
cool your jets son,
they will send out soon

Potatoe

Reaction score

They are generally fast on the shipping side. Surprisingly fast.

MaitM

Reaction score
thank you for the insight! This has really prompted me to learn more about my feet. I think my feet are somewhat flat, which causes the infamous “ankle bowing” issues on my other shoes on the AE 5 last. I think my feet won’t fit the U last because of that..

If that's the case I'd stay away from U-last but as Jmr928 wrote there could be multiple factors at play. If I remember correctly then S and K-lasts could also be difficult.

If you're looking for sleek last to wear with worsted suits then F-last would probably work. For me it's a good fit but lack of lace gap makes me worried that they might become a little loose in the long run, then again I have very flat feet. F- last would also be a good starting point to start figuring out how other lasts might fit for you, and it's a natural combination with Alt English pattern.

If you plan to wear shoes with separates more often than suits, then relaxed Vass lasts lend themselves well for casual derby and split toe models they have. Very nice pairings with heavy trousers that have more texture like flannel, cord, cavalry twill/whipcord, moleskin etc. I think most agree that these more casual models look much better on foot walking down the street than on pictures, should that worry you.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Moo Wenwu as another data point, I'm a 9.5 F UK (right between 10.5D/E for AE) in pretty much everything with Carmina Rain probably being my best fit, although too big in the heel. I went with a 43.5 in Vass' U-last and while the instep and width through the heel is great, I had to stretch the front across my pinky toe area. I can wear them for a few hours and the last is very stylish, but they're not an all-day shoe for me. I also have a pair of Balways on the F-last, same size, and I think a 44 would have been better. F isn't as roomy compared to U as I would have thought. Though part of that could also boil down to the "Vass charm" of sizing not always being consistent.

phsiao08

Reaction score
@Moo Wenwu as another data point, I'm a 9.5 F UK (right between 10.5D/E for AE) in pretty much everything with Carmina Rain probably being my best fit, although too big in the heel. I went with a 43.5 in Vass' U-last and while the instep and width through the heel is great, I had to stretch the front across my pinky toe area. I can wear them for a few hours and the last is very stylish, but they're not an all-day shoe for me. I also have a pair of Balways on the F-last, same size, and I think a 44 would have been better. F isn't as roomy compared to U as I would have thought. Though part of that could also boil down to the "Vass charm" of sizing not always being consistent.

I second this. Exactly the same.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Say hello to my new little friends
20221111_074558.jpg
20221111_074606.jpg
20221111_074511.jpg
20221111_074517.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes. Now, pull out the electron microscope and begin a through quality check so that we can determine vass quality once and for all.
Expected delivery early next week 😂

I've been a happy and satisfied Vass customer since +15 years back. I'm sure these too will live up to the high standards I've come to expect from Vass. In the case (once) I wasn't happy with the quality (clicking issue), Vass sorted that out for me quickly and in a satisfactory manner.

During the years since covid I've done a complete overhaul of my shoe wardrobe. I've phased out almost every other brand and replaced them with Vass. Couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

boilerMN2005

Reaction score
Hello! I am curious if anyone has sizing experiences with the Vass Slipper F? I am a 12D in Alden loafers and 11E in UK lace ups. But loafers/slippers can always be different. Vass says on their website 12D in general is 45 in EU. Would this still apply to their slipper F last? Thanks for any input!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads