• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
puzzled.gif
Confused...what did I get lucky about?

I think he is trying to say that you aren't really good at thrifting, you just got lucky because you thrift in a wealthy area. Also, that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to shoooz.

smack.gif

I saw a Canali Milano suit jacket at my local thrift store for $8.99. Grab it or not?

No.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh......ok
But, fortunately you have an expert like Alan to make all the important decisions for you.

I still think he was right, that we could fit that marble table in my rental car.

But to clarify, Lirum was just remarking how you posted pics of your croc/gator shoes and were fortunate to find out that they were real skins. He was hoping for the same result.

Last edited:

Displacement

Reaction score
Since you guys are talking Zelli, do they do any embossed or is it all real? I picked up a pair that I'm kind of regretting. I also e-thrifted these as some beater shoes, they're probably too ugly to flip but I'll rock 'em

Also: picked up 3 Kittens that were on their way back to their POs at a consignment shop, the guy gave me a discount that made them the same price that the local GW charges :slayer:

Also, not menswear related but I picked up a kinda tatty pair of Chanel flats, a pair of Ferragamo Varinas, and this-

Last edited:

Lirum

Reaction score
As the named douche, I apologize - hadn't seen the discussion here, and after having had some great luck with some gator shoes last weekend, I set up some custom searches to watch out for ethrift opportunities.

Oh, no no no, I was saying canceling your bid was the faux pas. I should have honored your bid.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the field, custom tailored suit for lou miles. DB, feels a bit thin, working cuffs, dual vented, looks like there's a bit of handwork but I don't know how to look for certain. Good kop?

Displacement

Reaction score
FYNCT is awesome, I just wish they posted more often. That glass piece is a MONSTER- definitely over 100 lbs and impossible to carry properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads