• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsticks

Reaction score
If noone understands your thrifting you have definitely come to the right place. Look forward to hearing about thrifting in Sweden. When I was there wandering through in the early 80s Swedish folk in the smaller towns were wearing clogs for work dress everything. Are clogs still popular there? I dont imagine you will be thrifting a pair to show any

Haha well I think swedes are abit more fashionforward today, but in the countryside and in the smaller towns.. well I think the clogs has been replaced by crocs, and im quite sure I wont be thrifting either. And thrifting in Sweden, well during the summer I visit alot of big fleamarkets in the countryside, you find alot of stuff like this:

Swedish (I think) Army hat winter edition, dated 1941. Its awesome, very tiny and smells disgusting.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Few more warehouse sale finds

Del Toro slippers, 9
Looks like they were tried on a time or two but never worn for a period of time

New with box and bags Church's

If this means anything to anyone let me know!

NWT Brooks Brothers cords, 34x32

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Better than no brioni... Jabroni Insert rock pic plz
Incredibly true.
Great motto for the thread!
I thought about that later, that maybe she has the right idea!
Haha well I think swedes are abit more fashionforward today, but in the countryside and in the smaller towns.. well I think the clogs has been replaced by crocs, and im quite sure I wont be thrifting either. And thrifting in Sweden, well during the summer I visit alot of big fleamarkets in the countryside, you find alot of stuff like this: Swedish (I think) Army hat winter edition, dated 1941. Its awesome, very tiny and smells disgusting.
I can't tell you how many Swedish and Finnish fur hats I've seen. I do love them and own one myself. I, too, bought it at a flea market. It was freezing cold, so I put it on. Within 5 minutes one person had offered to buy it from me and another stopped and gave me a thumbs up with a "nice hat!" My wife hates it.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha well I think swedes are abit more fashionforward today, but in the countryside and in the smaller towns.. well I think the clogs has been replaced by crocs, and im quite sure I wont be thrifting either. And thrifting in Sweden, well during the summer I visit alot of big fleamarkets in the countryside, you find alot of stuff like this: Swedish (I think) Army hat winter edition, dated 1941. Its awesome, very tiny and smells disgusting.
That hat looks like its ready to run and jump down a bunny hole any minute!

Suit of Nettles

Reaction score
It's always a moment late one thinks of what one might have said. Sir Thomas More, for instance: burned alive for refusing to recant his Catholicism. He must have been kicking himself, as the flames licked higher, that it never occurred to him to say, "I recant my Catholicism." /Blackadder

Suit of Nettles

Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My response would have been.

"Yeah, but that dude is probably only going to die once."

OUCH! Should I feel bad for laughing?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those who know me well, know it would have been out of my mouth before I even thought about not saying it. I get my wit from my mother.
+1 I have NO filter on my mouth, what pops into my little brain comes out of my big mouth

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran a work errand and ended up near a Salvation Army, so I stopped in. Found a John Varvatos Wool/Cashmere blend suit, Armani Collezioni suit, 100% cashmere Armani Collezioni sport coat and a Zegna 15mil15 blue windowpane sport coat. All of them were already cheap, but when I got to the counter, the girl working just randomly says, "I'm going to give you 50% off of all of this, okay?" I just sort of said, "okaaaaay.... thanks a lot!" Why can't that happen at every store when I go to pay for something?

Suit of Nettles

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads