• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice tshirt for my club gear
Super smooth

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of brand new Canali suits at my Marshalls. A bit poor this week so I passed but they were 280ish and 380ish.

rokor

Reaction score
Those gator Polo's are insane, great pick up!

I decided to take a quick look right before closing and ended up coming out with two fairly good items, by my standards at least.

These are quite thick, I'd say fall/winter weight fabric. Virtually NWOT, no obvious signs it's seen much wear. They don't fit as slim as I'd like so I need to decide if it's worth for me to taper them or just sell them. Hmmm.

I quite like this one. It fits slim, as I tend to prefer, but I may need to lengthen the sleeves slightly. Would anyone call this an orphaned suit jacket?

NicNac

Reaction score

Brooks Brothers 1818 Madison fit suit coat (orphan).  Check the pockets for a packet of buttons...they would have been attached by the tailor after altering if needed.
EDIT to add: you may want to go back and look for the pants.

Trust me....I looked for a while trying to find the pants! I was hoping that it was a Sports coat but I can still make use of it. I did find the buttons in the inside pocket. Unfortunately, one of the cuff buttons is broken. Never even thought of looking for them in the pocket. Thanks again!

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
No pics, nothing too fancy but were nice to add to my rotation
Orvis KHP Jeans
J Crew khaki chinos and slate grey chinos

NWB Patagonia Drifter, NA
Got lucky I found these, had been wanting as similar pair of shoes and boots happened to be 75% off that day.

44L BB SC

J Crew Expedition Down Puff Jacket, Large

Tiny hole on sleeve, index for reference

Patagonia organic cotton, 36

Couple BB shirts, both have French cuffs, blue is 16.5-34, white is tuxedo style 16.5-35

BB Repp #1 Pajama top XL, couldn't find the bottoms, will likely end up becoming a D ring belt and bow tie unless someone is interested
Owner also donated a seersucker pajama top and seersucker robe, passed on them but they were so cheap and pristine I probably shouldn't have

Definitely not thrift prices, haha

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB Repp #1 Pajama top XL, couldn't find the bottoms, will likely end up becoming a D ring belt and bow tie unless someone is interested
Owner also donated a seersucker pajama top and seersucker robe, passed on them but they were so cheap and pristine I probably shouldn't have

LOL Ignore! Thought it looked like BR logo from far

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That BR logo is very vintage (I believe their original safari style expedition stuff) - Theres a website out there that dates the logos of BR
Did I miss something, I didn't see him post any Banana Republic, what you put up is Brooks Brothers and not vintage at all.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I miss something, I didn't see him post any Banana Republic, what you put up is Brooks Brothers and not vintage at all.
totally didn't read it and thought the logo looked like the old BR logo! my bad

Lirum

Reaction score
Brian got lucky, though he's working with nicer stuff.

Real or printed? I need to edit the title if so. Looked too uniform to me, though I thought his were print too. Zelli. (back when I researched these I mispelled and flipped my ****. zilli is hella expensive man)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads