• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlafG

Reaction score
I decided to go ahead and give the Filson stuff a shot. They were all 70+% off retail and they can be returned if I can't flip them so it's worth a shot.

What I got this run:

NWT Filson Double Tin Bibs W30 and W34.
NWT Filson Mackinaw Field Pants W38 and W42.

There is still some more stuff so I'm thinking about going back. A few more bibs in different sizes, like W46, W44 and I think W36. Flannel Lined Pants W34.

I also found a Filson Outfitter Jacket in Otter Green wool. Inside the jacket it says both made in US and made in Canada so I'm a bit confused.

PM me if interested in anything.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I decided to go ahead and give the Filson stuff a shot. They were all 70+% off retail and they can be returned if I can't flip them so it's worth a shot.

What I got this run:

NWT Filson Double Tin Bibs W30 and W34.
NWT Filson Mackinaw Field Pants W38 and W42.

There is still some more stuff so I'm thinking about going back. A few more bibs in different sizes, like W46, W44 and I think W36. Flannel Lined Pants W34.

I also found a Filson Outfitter Jacket in Otter Green wool. Inside the jacket it says both made in US and made in Canada so I'm a bit confused.

PM me if interested in anything.

Pic?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, Canada's pretty much part of America, right?

That's pretty hilarious though. I would think it's fake, but that's not accurate. I wonder how often those mistakes are made.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yah, Keep it.  
nod%5B1%5D.gif

"Why thrift if you can't keep some nice things for yourself??".

enjoy it.

Oh, but I do keep a lot... When you spend 15+ hours in thrift shops each week, you're bound to find a lot of awesome stuff. I'm going to hang onto it and see if it fits into my wardrobe. It needs to be cleaned anyway, so I may as well enjoy it for a while even if I do sell it. ;)

wilay05

Reaction score
I usually keep an item a week...but then I usually wear it for a little bit and sell it.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rarely find an item per month that fits me the way I want. 4-5 shirts from my last haul fit me well though and I'm definitely keeping them, since it's so rare for me.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous day in Toronto. Might snow tonight though

:slayer:

It's kind of a dingy worn white shirt, but still awesome

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually keep an item a week...but then I usually wear it for a little bit and sell it.
I have kept 4 articles of thrifted clothing in the last 3 years. Everything else is on a constant rotation.

Brooks Brothers Blue Birdseye Suit by Lardini
Harris Tweed Gray Herringbone Sport Coat
Woolrich Gray Twill Plus Fours for my golf thrift fits, will hold them until I have something better.
Allen Edmonds Fifth Ave

jamiebryant

Reaction score
TO KOP or NOT TO KOP....

NAD C 320BEE Amplifier
B&W DM601 S3 Main Speakers and another pair that look smaller but the same

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kop!

Grab both pairs of B&W speakers too.

Picked one of these up a year or two ago on instinct. Sold it and was so glad I picked it up. Found another today. I was feeling :bounce2: until I saw there was no power cord. It does have the photo board thing that my other one was missing. I'm gonna buy a replacement power supply and have my fingers crossed that it works!

So I bought a generic power supply off eBay for $20 shipped. Epson wanted $50+ for a replacement. Power supply came today. It powers up and works! :slayer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads