• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJhambone09

Reaction score

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In Quebec and won't ship to US FYI. I messaged about shipping to US, but if they agree, its going to be expensive...

The auction says ships worldwide...

But maybe one of the canucks here can take advantage of it! Looks like a decent summer/casual shoe!

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap... I just figured out what this leather jacket I found today is. It's a current model from Orvis called "Featherweight Lambskin Jacket". I paid a LOT less than retail... Given that I've sold the last two leather jackets I found, perhaps it's time to keep one? Fits like a glove...

Staple as they come; if it fits, I would keep for sure.

TJhambone09

Reaction score

The auction says ships worldwide...

But maybe one of the canucks here can take advantage of it! Looks like a decent summer/casual shoe!

Yea but on the app it says "Item does not ship to NY" next to shipping cost. I went on the website and it says I have an invalid zip for calculating shipping.

Thinking about being one of the guys everyone complains about in the eBay thread and bidding anyway. I mean it does say worldwide. I don't want to get stuck with an unplanned $50 shipping charge though.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously. I want to thrift where he thrifts. He consistently finds such amazing stuff that it boggles my mind.

Thanks, guys. It's a combination of luck and straight up hard work.

And no you don't, unless you want to get shived.

(I kid, I kid. Always happy to meet up. More fun and, at least with GM-H, I always find better stuff. Definitely get @ me if you're ever in my area)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yea but on the app it says "Item does not ship to NY" next to shipping cost. I went on the website and it says I have an invalid zip for calculating shipping.

Thinking about being one of the guys everyone complains about in the eBay thread and bidding anyway. I mean it does say worldwide. I don't want to get stuck with an unplanned $50 shipping charge though.

Lol shipping from Canada for shoes should be like 20-25 bucks. Maybe less if you don't want a box and ask shipper to put shoes in paper bags then wrap them together in a tyvex envelope or whatever.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks, guys. It's a combination of luck and straight up hard work.

And no you don't, unless you want to get shived.

(I kid, I kid. Always happy to meet up. More fun and, at least with GM-H, I always find better stuff. Definitely get @ me if you're ever in my area)

I'm in Boston. Guessing you're in the western mass area?

I'd like to meet up with some Boston folk sometime. I think that would make this more fun too. I don't have a car so that makes my distances and potential spots pretty limited and set in high traffic areas.

I think I do okay all that considered!

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy **** G, I haven't seen that much Chanel, since, well, the last time I was in the Chanel store. Nice work!

Towers

Reaction score

Got super lucky at the local VV (it being 50%) 
Spent a whole $13 and walked away with a recent blue Coppley Blazer  (pockets still basted) and Grey Wool Trousers, also Coppley. Both need tailoring, but at $13, I wasn't saying no.

Of course, living minutes away from the factory itself has its benefits! 

I think it is safe to say I might be SF's most ardent supporter of Coppley.

Hamilton?

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're my boy, Blue.

--

Appreciate all the thumbs and comments on the fit.

--

Had good luck today. 2 stores total between a manic day of meetings and calls.

Button front cardi. Can anyone drop knowledge about this maker?

NWT Woverine cord shacket. Weighs a freaking ton, and stuck around long enough to be half price. How does that even happen?

I spotted this from down the rack. Initially I discounted it because it looked kind of shiny and gaudy. But when I got to it, something about it spoke to me just enough to have me grab it off the rack. And I'm glad I did. Because it's grown on me as quite possibly one of the nicest single pieces I've ever found. I don't know who made it -- and there are no mfr tags I can find, so we may never know -- nor do I know much about the retailer (though I seem to recall the LA guys saying it was high end), but this thing is, quite simply, superb. The fabric is almost certainly cashmere blend or pure silk. It's lightly structured, triple patch pocket and dual vent. Fits like a 40R. That lapel roll might as well be purring like a kitten.

But it didn't end there. Because then I found this, which fits me perfectly.

Then, on my way home after class, I made a last minute stop.
First up is a 100% cashmere Jack Victor. Dual vent, 42L, available.

Checked out the tie rack. Found a couple of ties.

Dunhill

And these Frenchies.

You are on a tie roll lately, G. Well done. Or should I say, holy ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members