• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Today, shopped for myself
Passed on Taylor stitch, recent staple zegna ect for one reason or another
The stuff I ended up with is both for personal use
The pic doesn't do the rubinacci justice it's divine
And the filippa k is a knit baseball style cardigan jacket thing that fits perfect

Been meaning to say, you look a lot more comfortable and natural in the last couple of fit pics you posted. Especially given your age and the fact that you're a student, I think you'd do well to leave the loafers and ties in the closet for a while, and keep it up with the casual stuff. Also knit cardigan jacket things are the best ever.

Hahahahaha, it's on the 25th, but you are still going have to fight it out with silverwarebandit for all the SW&D swag.
biggrin.gif

Good luck man.

Also your country sounds insane.

Also I am going there in a couple of months.

If anybody has suggestions for fun and awesome things to do in New Orleans, I'm all ears.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All amazing pieces, but this is my favorite! Beautiful...
Changing it up from our go-to place for birthdays, anniversaries and other occasions (Fogo de Chao) so we are having a late lunch at Buca di Beppo (hopefully our timing keeps the space a little less crowded than dinner time).
Weirdly, I have eaten at both of those places once, three days apart on a trip to Kansas City.

If there was a Fogo de Chao near me, I'm 90% sure my girlfriend would leave me for one of the waiters.

I'm going to her improv show, so I'm semi-off-the-hook for a week.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cheers.gif
i was bored between whiskeys. and put 2 easter eggs together. there are others.
but what's better than thrifted? -free.
free fun is always a good thing. i like to share a with my thrift Homies. and only hit 3. oh well.

no offence 'murica.- if you want seafood.......... go to Japan. best in the world. yesterday i ate tempura fried whale! the seafood is crazy!!!!!!!!!

I'd like my seafood sans radioactivity please!

Boston seafood is uhhh-mazzzzingggg. You just have to stay away from the tourist traps. That reminds me that I need to hit some places up again. Haven't been to one in far too long!

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Staying in, by choice to avoid the crowds and not by choice (18 inches of snow to dig out)

I'm making dinner here.

Appetizer pan seared pepper encrusted filet with sauted mushrooms
Followed by lobster, shrimp and scallop gnocchi alfredo with sun dried tomato and asparagus
Accompanied by a bottle of Cabernet, a gift from Spoo.
Damn nice, sounds great.

All amazing pieces, but this is my favorite! Beautiful...
Changing it up from our go-to place for birthdays, anniversaries and other occasions (Fogo de Chao) so we are having a late lunch at Buca di Beppo (hopefully our timing keeps the space a little less crowded than dinner time). Wife has a hard time keeping poultry and pork down at the moment, so we figured pasta was a safe bet. Plus the fact that we had a gift card helped our decision as well. Spent some thrifting profits on the most expensive flowers I've ever bought yesterday. Granted that's not saying much as I'm the guy who buys the $14.99 bouquet of flowers from Costco but I came across this neat little floral boutique place and couldn't resist buying something. You know it's going to be expensive when there are no posted prices on anything....
LOL, I am DONE spending moneys on them flower shops. Last year two dozen long stem roses were over 2 bills. Granted its fun and worth it at times, but being as I purchase flowers for my wife regularly, I am planning on purchasing two dozen roses from Costco (fingers crossed they don't run out), and self deliver them with our daughter to her work tomorrow. I just need to figure out what else to get her...

ocooney

Reaction score

Staying in, by choice to avoid the crowds and not by choice (18 inches of snow to dig out)

I'm making dinner here. 

Appetizer pan seared pepper encrusted filet with sauted mushrooms 
Followed by lobster, shrimp and scallop gnocchi alfredo with sun dried tomato and asparagus
Accompanied by a bottle of Cabernet, a gift from Spoo.

Seafood and Cab? Heresy.

jamiebryant

Reaction score
Whut up...

Thanks for all the kind words about the finds. As always, nice to be surrounded by other people who pop boners when they see this kinda stuff.

I hit a couple of discount stores this weekend and saw some decent **** but it was still priced out of my range. You know, discount stores are cool but I think there is soooo much good **** in there that it takes the fun out of hunting. I was literally going through racks and saying to myself "Oh ****, Todd Snyder, Oh wow, this is a badass Rag & Bone cardigan, Oh cool, Baldwins, Nice!...Naked & Famous, I might take these"

In the end, I didn't take ****. I should've brought home the N&F to flip, but I got lazy and decided not to tie up the money for a week.

By the way, the Baldwins....They were asking $200....for a pair of Reeds, not even dry. They were all factory washed and distressed. I dont know where the **** they came up with that number.

Anyway, Today I gotta run a couple of errands and im gonna hit 2 stores. Wish me a legendary haul.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going through some stuff from the last couple weeks (mostly fodder) but I thought this was brag worthy based on price:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like my seafood sans radioactivity please!

lol8[1].gif

nah, really.
facepalm.gif
- that has to be the stupidest and most inappropriate thing i have read in a while. since taking your wife to see a play about Mormons (polygamy) for valentines day.

it's like saying i want Indian food. sans diarrhea. ie: not all Indian food will make you **** yourself, and not all of Japan is radioactive. but next time i will turn the lights off, just to check, OK? we have a longer coastline and more ocean fisheries than you can understand. and only like 5% was damaged. which is being dealt with. (finally) the only stereotypical thing visitors can expect is a weekly earthquake. usually too small to notice, but for the big ones i like to stand up and pretend i'm surfing.
smile.gif

Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
Dude, you're violating international bans on whaling.
nest.gif

That said, if I find myself in Japan (which is the aim), I'm eating all the seafood I can. Hell, I literally can't eat the seafood from the bay my folks live on, so my concerns over one or two nuclear incidents are pretty mild.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol8%5B1%5D.gif

nah, really.
facepalm.gif
- that has to be the stupidest and most inappropriate thing i have read in a while. since taking your wife to see a play about Mormons (polygamy) for valentines day.

it's like saying i want Indian food. sans diarrhea. ie: not all Indian food will make you **** yourself, and not all of Japan is radioactive. but next time i will turn the lights off, just to check, OK? we have a longer coastline and more ocean fisheries than you can understand. and only like 5% was damaged. which is being dealt with. (finally) the only stereotypical thing visitors can expect is a weekly earthquake. usually too small to notice, but for the big ones i like to stand up and pretend i'm surfing.
smile.gif

Haha, I was kidding.

Though I would definitely tell you stay away from street food in delhi because even I can't eat that anymore. Which is so ******* sad because it's amazing. I ate some when I was there last and regretted it terribly. Thank goodness for meds. :/

I've only felt an earthquake once and that was in Uganda. That was wild.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
Dude, you're violating international bans on whaling.
nest.gif

That said, if I find myself in Japan (which is the aim), I'm eating all the seafood I can. Hell, I literally can't eat the seafood from the bay my folks live on, so my concerns over one or two nuclear incidents are pretty mild.

A, a real can of worms there,
crackup[1].gif
i was of the same mind on arrival. and have many opinions on the matter regarding conservation.. but a Dude ordered it for me, and said "Try this" and it was not bad.
it should be allowed to grow in numbers. and legislated better. ****, Tuna will be extinct if it keeps on getting hunted.

B, if you intend to come to Japan. talk to me first. i can help you out. assist with work, car, house, friends, etc. no problems.
you've been around a while.

RTC: no biggie, but that comment really had to be addressed.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japanese seafood is amazing. We went to a cool sushi place near the suburban area where my mother's side of the family lives (Nakano-Ku). Not high-end by any means but very good. I don't think a lot of tourists make it in there because of the location and such, so we did get some special attention.

My stack of plates at the end of the evening...

Japanese Costco is also quite amazing.

Just like home.....almost. The pineapple smoothie was delicious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads