• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys considered giving your special person a Rose bush in a pot? ready for the garden?
the gift that keeps on giving.
after a few years, a beautiful garden would be a visual legacy of your relationship.
I give my wife a rose bush every year for mothers day (its only been two so far, but...) and they will fill a row in our yard after a few years...this year I might give her a dwarf lemon tree instead because, we go through so damn many a week.

my valentine's day plans usually involve sending the old lady a bunch of dick pics. this year i'm shooting for a brett favre theme (flaccid + crocs).
ROFL

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Japanese Costco is also quite amazing.
Yeah I saw a similar IWC at the Costco out here in Burbank or Los Feliz (I can't recall). A dude and his gf were looking at watches and said something along the lines of "Dopplechronograph? Why would anyone name their company that?"
baldy[1].gif

Been an interesting few days. The local GW had a bunch of suits made for the same guy, all from various makers and various fabrics… I picked up two with the intentions of using one of them as a button donor.
I forget, is this anything thingy?

Button Appreciation

Beautiful smokey bronze MOPs.
And this guy...

Anyone know this content tag?

Gray MOPs that I was thinking would be better on my navy sport coat...

Which of these sets of buttons do you guys think would look better on a navy Oxxford blazer? It has monogrammed gold buttons and I'm swapping them out now that the jacket fits.
or ?

Grabbed these because they were super cheap. Well… 2 bucks for one or a buck each for 2 or more. Grabbed the navy linen/cotton staple for myself, and the PS just seemed too weird/nice to leave behind. I feel like someone here found the same tie previously. It feels amazing.

Best of all. Hit up a shop I make it to maybe once every 3 months or so. A back shelf had a few pairs of glasses strewn about, and some cases. I seldom look at glasses, because they're always crap at the shops I go to.
So I see this-

I couldn't open the thing and felt like a fool…

What I didn't realize was that this was probably my saving grace/why this was still here because I finally opened it and...

Which lead to...

Persol 2832s… Which fit me perfectly. Will probably throw in some sunglass lenses. So stoked.
So yeah, I've got those going for me.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Persol, gets my vote for thrift of the week. paid big coin for some years ago. you are killin it man.

@Snoogz : nice work bro, keep her happy. and you will in turn be happy.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah I saw a similar IWC at the Costco out here in Burbank or Los Feliz (I can't recall). A dude and his gf were looking at watches and said something along the lines of "Dopplechronograph? Why would anyone name their company that?"
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
Been an interesting few days. The local GW had a bunch of suits made for the same guy, all from various makers and various fabrics… I picked up two with the intentions of using one of them as a button donor. I forget, is this anything thingy?
Button Appreciation Beautiful smokey bronze MOPs.
And this guy...
Anyone know this content tag? Gray MOPs that I was thinking would be better on my navy sport coat...
Which of these sets of buttons do you guys think would look better on a navy Oxxford blazer? It has monogrammed gold buttons and I'm swapping them out now that the jacket fits. or ? Grabbed these because they were super cheap. Well… 2 bucks for one or a buck each for 2 or more. Grabbed the navy linen/cotton staple for myself, and the PS just seemed too weird/nice to leave behind. I feel like someone here found the same tie previously. It feels amazing. Best of all. Hit up a shop I make it to maybe once every 3 months or so. A back shelf had a few pairs of glasses strewn about, and some cases. I seldom look at glasses, because they're always crap at the shops I go to. So I see this-
I couldn't open the thing and felt like a fool… What I didn't realize was that this was probably my saving grace/why this was still here because I finally opened it and... Which lead to... Persol 2832s… Which fit me perfectly. Will probably throw in some sunglass lenses. So stoked.
So yeah, I've got those going for me.
That Venezia tag looks familiar. Isn't that an old Belvest or St. Andrews tag?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
o really?............ what color is the rarest?????
nest.gif

Breakfast in bed, and a fresh ground coffee. a little effort rarely goes unnoticed.

when is Silverware bandit gonna visit the sw&d motherland?? i will be happy to show him around the thrifts. - after Barrel shops like he's looting.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

*Free mind blow, follow these directions. - go to "Youtube" search "Beam me up scotty" click the TOS obsession Teleporter scene vid. when it starts, type "1980" just randomly as quick as you can.
devil.gif
enjoy. my free gift to you. a bit of fun.
biggrin.gif
HAHA! I wasn't expecting all that stuff! Pew pew pew!!!

cheers.gif
i was bored between whiskeys. and put 2 easter eggs together. there are others.
but what's better than thrifted? -free.
free fun is always a good thing. i like to share a with my thrift Homies. and only hit 3. oh well.

no offence 'murica.- if you want seafood.......... go to Japan. best in the world. yesterday i ate tempura fried whale! the seafood is crazy!!!!!!!!!
I want whale sashimi! Haha just kidding. But I do want to eat Ramen like not Top Ramen but hand pulled ramen served with pork, eggs, and other yum yum! I also want to try a bunch of Japanese street food!

Have any of you guys considered giving your special person a Rose bush in a pot? ready for the garden?
the gift that keeps on giving.
after a few years, a beautiful garden would be a visual legacy of your relationship.
I rather haz a garden full of veggies than flowers and maybe some chickens.

my valentine's day plans usually involve sending the old lady a bunch of dick pics. this year i'm shooting for a brett favre theme (flaccid + crocs).
rotflmao.gif

@eazye good luck with the surgery and heal soon!

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear customers and citizens of Styleforum,

You may have noticed a lacking amount of presence from Connor and I in this thread. There is a good reason. My partner Carol is 18 weeks pregnant. Much of my time and effort has been placed toward preparing for a happy family and developing long term business plans for nSuited!

Here is an overview of what we have in the works:
  • We’ve started construction on additional warehouse space which doubles our capacity
  • We have over 1000 new items in inventory which we are readying to offer to you
  • We’re planning some great sales starting with coupon code “babyshower” giving 35% off any purchase (I need to raise funds for the baby)!
  • We’re exploring the possibility of crowd-funding import lots with dividends for participants

As many of you may know, Connor and I became acquainted and started work on nSuited because of our involvement in Styleforum’s own Thrifting Thread. Funds for initial buys for nSuited were raised directly from thrifting profits! In addition to expanding nSuited, we are also looking for ways to expand our pre-owned clothing efforts.

We see two gaps in the current market:
  • Funds and infrastructure to bridge hobbyist thrifters to become professional freelancers
  • Location independent buying of high-end men’s clothing

The first problem is one which Connor and I have faced continuously for the past 2 years. As a hobbyist thrifter our revenue was limited by available buying funds, and limited selling capacity. This meant that profitable items were left on shelves of thrift stores. We plan to create a contract-thrifter program in which we provide hobbyist thrifters with buying funds, expert buying advice, and nearly unlimited listing infrastructure provided by our Kansas City warehouse.

Additionally, we plan to initiate an easy to use online buying service. This will allow customers looking to clear out some of their wardrobe to easily receive fair payment for their clothing. You will be able to easily provide us with basic information about your clothing, receive a quote, and receive cash or credit toward nSuited items for your unneeded wardrobe items.

Both of these services are months away from formal completion, but please feel free to contact us if you are interested in participating in either prior to official launch!

We really need to extend a heartfelt thanks to all of our customers and anyone involved in the Styleforum community. This started as a fun hobby for us with business secondary. You’ve allowed this to remain fun and rewarding for us. I hope we can continue to reward all of you with great products!

Cheers from the nSuited Team,

Matt and Connor

LeSacre

Reaction score
Dear customers and citizens of Styleforum,

You may have noticed a lacking amount of presence from Connor and I in this thread. There is a good reason. My partner Carol is 18 weeks pregnant. Much of my time and effort has been placed toward preparing for a happy family and developing long term business plans for nSuited!

Here is an overview of what we have in the works:
  • We’ve started construction on additional warehouse space which doubles our capacity
  • We have over 1000 new items in inventory which we are readying to offer to you
  • We’re planning some great sales starting with coupon code “babyshower” giving 35% off any purchase (I need to raise funds for the baby)!
  • We’re exploring the possibility of crowd-funding import lots with dividends for participants

As many of you may know, Connor and I became acquainted and started work on nSuited because of our involvement in Styleforum’s own Thrifting Thread. Funds for initial buys for nSuited were raised directly from thrifting profits! In addition to expanding nSuited, we are also looking for ways to expand our pre-owned clothing efforts.

We see two gaps in the current market:
  • Funds and infrastructure to bridge hobbyist thrifters to become professional freelancers
  • Location independent buying of high-end men’s clothing

The first problem is one which Connor and I have faced continuously for the past 2 years. As a hobbyist thrifter our revenue was limited by available buying funds, and limited selling capacity. This meant that profitable items were left on shelves of thrift stores. We plan to create a contract-thrifter program in which we provide hobbyist thrifters with buying funds, expert buying advice, and nearly unlimited listing infrastructure provided by our Kansas City warehouse.

Additionally, we plan to initiate an easy to use online buying service. This will allow customers looking to clear out some of their wardrobe to easily receive fair payment for their clothing. You will be able to easily provide us with basic information about your clothing, receive a quote, and receive cash or credit toward nSuited items for your unneeded wardrobe items.

Both of these services are months away from formal completion, but please feel free to contact us if you are interested in participating in either prior to official launch!

We really need to extend a heartfelt thanks to all of our customers and anyone involved in the Styleforum community. This started as a fun hobby for us with business secondary. You’ve allowed this to remain fun and rewarding for us. I hope we can continue to reward all of you with great products!

Cheers from the nSuited Team,

Matt and Connor

This sounds like a very interesting and promising business model.

I wish you and Connor the best of luck!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt and Connor - I'd like to wish you congratulations on your success thus far. Wow! You've taken something that you've loved and wanted and made it happen. It took lots of determination and I know you (Matt) had lots of contemplating to do when it came to school or your dream job. Congrats on the baby as well! Wishing you guys the best! :cheers:

As for me, I had a mixed feelings kind of day today. Stopped into a local thrift that rarely produces anything. I see the tie racks are fully stocked with lots of beautiful ties. Recent Zegna and nice Talbotts. I whittle my pile down to these 6. I go to pay and the cashier says to me "Oh, so you're buying some of these lovely ties.Are you making Easter eggs out of them?". I look at her quite confused and say "Huh? Easter eggs? I'm buying them to wear as these are very nice patterns". She then says "Oh! Well, we had a lady earlier who bought a whole bunch of really nice colorful ones. She said she was going to make Easter eggs out of them". What?! I wanted to cry thinking of some lady cutting up a bunch of cool Talbott Seven Folds.....

I got home and Googled "Easter Egg Tie". This was the first link that popped up:

http://www.marthastewart.com/269788/silk-tie-easter-eggs

:fu: :fu:

Anyway, here's what I managed to rescue:

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby, Matt, and good luck to you and Connor with future business plans. I like the sound of the buying program and would definitely give that a try.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A, a real can of worms there,
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
i was of the same mind on arrival. and have many opinions on the matter regarding conservation.. but a Dude ordered it for me, and said "Try this" and it was not bad.
it should be allowed to grow in numbers. and legislated better. ****, Tuna will be extinct if it keeps on getting hunted.

B, if you intend to come to Japan. talk to me first. i can help you out. assist with work, car, house, friends, etc. no problems.
you've been around a while.
Nah, to be honest, if I was about two drinks deep, I'd have gone for it too.

And thanks, I'm honored. The Japan thing is up in the air -- it would be through school, and only for a week or two. That said, if ever I'm in the neighborhood, you'll have to let me buy you a Kirin. Or a Sapporo.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, to be honest, if I was about two drinks deep, I'd have gone for it too.

And thanks, I'm honored. The Japan thing is up in the air -- it would be through school, and only for a week or two. That said, if ever I'm in the neighborhood, you'll have to let me buy you a Kirin. Or a Sapporo.

Or you could skip all of that and go watch a friggin' keirin!

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you could skip all of that and go watch a friggin' keirin!

I had to google that. I actually went to high school not far from a velodrome, but I never visited.

I guess you could say it never spoke to me.

rimshot.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics