• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First.  You were making statements like that when you were interest in the BBBF.  Second, I will stop posting if this how fellow members treat another member.  I will take my weak post and unworthy finds to another forum.  And I am not trying to sell.

Dear sir and/or madam: you've posted a woman's trench, tried to proxy London Fog which are about as plentiful as tattoos on a stripper yet easier to find, and ecco shoes for sale (twice). Please read some of this thread and soak it in. No one is asking you to take your ball and go home; we just don't play with that sort of ball on this court.

shadesofbeige

Reaction score
Quick Brag
Found these NWT on my trip to NY. Did a little digging and discovered that they were from the inaugural season of Black Fleece. I consulted Spoo on pricing but even he didn't have a good idea of where to set it so until I made up my mind I set them at what I assumed was a wildly unrealistic $345. Pretty quick it had 6 watchers and just got a BIN offer of $300 and took it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190903521499&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

I thrifted a portable pole dance pole. Available (the pole, not me) LOL

Thrift Fit:

Yoohoo! Chocolate Drink T-shirt
Polo Cargo Shorts

Brand Ecco
Style Loafer
Model Lounge Moc Braided
Color Cognac
Material Leather; Rubber Sole
Origin India
Size 10.5D/EU 44
Condition 9.5 out of 10

Available

Link to actual shoes
http://www.shoebuy.com/ecco-lounge-moc-braid/245310
Haven't thrifted in months and I've totally lost track of this thread. Glad to see nothing's changed.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Anyone have a pet peeve at their thrift stores? I entered this thrift once, about a year ago but avoided it because well...this is why.
1. Their prices are too high as in, $15 for any pair of shoes $35 for a toaster oven type expenseive.
2. They only take cash. Fine, I get it, but let people know first. I had to leave the store, and walk to the cloest convenience store and buy 2 scratch-offs to get cash back (I won $5 though...lol).
3. They have no organization. Literally none. Think I am kidding? Here are two pictures of their shoe selection. Piled high and no rhyme or reason. Mens and womens combined and the matching pairs aren't next to each other. Really?
4. You are thinking this can't get worse, right? WRONG! They don't have air conditioning. That may fly by some of you, but this is Florida. It's ******* hot, and I thought I was going to die..lol

With that said, came out with these two. Women's Birks and Hanover Shells (8D). Thrift gods made me fight for these shells...haha

Warning: Mediocre finds.

BB Loro Piana Blazer (43R)

Picked this up because it fit, barely, despite the size tag. Anyone know the maker? Real smoke MOPs, nice linen/silk fabric (I think) and great pattern. Sorry pic is sideways. Just couldn't leave it. Seen the label before (and not recalling anything special) but figured I would ask.

AMAZING Dolphins Starter nylon jacket. Too bad it's a medium. Couldn't leave it behind, though. I'll frame it if I can't find a good home.

Trafagar braces. Black floral/paisley and "Dog eat dog world" theme

Wish summer could stick around! PRL pants (SS ones had a 20 in the pocket...channeling my inner cap'n)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some lady grabbed my pole only minutes after posting locally. Effective advertising pays off I guess. 

Did you offer to give her lessons or at least critique her style?

Dolfan954

Reaction score
You're kidding me? I may have to go back with a flashlight and one of these:

20120612solarcoolinghat.jpg

hucklecat

Reaction score
You're kidding me? I may have to go back with a flashlight and one of these:

20120612solarcoolinghat.jpg

LOL! For sure those are Chucks, the USA thing I made up, but yeah, USA made converse have a following. Especially Thailand. Those Florida thrifts got some good stuff, but really got to sift through the stuff. I do not think i could go without the A/C in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads