• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Forgot to post some recent finds but really not a whole lot of note. Was happy to here almost the entirety of "Bela Lugosi's Dead" in Goodwill's Halloween music rotation tonight despite not finding anything at all.

highlifeman

Reaction score
Probably wont get out much later this weekend but did have a pretty good day today one store I hit had a bunch of NWT stuff.......(sorry for pic quality, it was pretty dark)

NWT Filson (N/A for now)

NWT Barbour (M)

NWT RT (M)

2 x NWT RT Carmel (both Large)

NWT Bills Khakis Shirt (L)

Kinloch Anderson 80 Wool 20 Cotton, M

NWT Bills Khakis Burgundy FF 36 W unhemmed

NWT Brooks Brothers Clark Chino 34 x 30, NWOT BB clark 34 x 30, NWOT BB 35 x 30 (may keep last 2 pairs)

Top(L to R) Peal and Co. (I believe C&J) for BB Black Split toes 8.5 (N/A), Brooks English (Cheaney) Perf Cap Toes (11)
Bottom Black & Burgundy Older AE McCallisters (My size, prob keeping burgundy ones)

Older AE deets- any idea on age?- Im guessing 70's to early 80's

Peal & Co

Rancourt & Co Size 11 Navy Moc Toe Chukkas, slight separation on back heel of one

NWOB BB Boat Shoes, my size (prob keeping)

NWT Polo Bathing Suit, Polo Tie

Brioni 17.5 w/ french cuffs

BB 1818 Madison suit, tagged 43 I believe (Pants have some sheen I didnt notice in store)

Robert Talbott Extra Long Gold Grenadine (appx 64 x 4), Sulka

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** me I was in the library when the nsuited $1 craze hit.

Almost forgot to check denim

:slayer:

First.  You were making statements like that when you were interest in the BBBF.  Second, I will stop posting if this how fellow members treat another member.  I will take my weak post and unworthy finds to another forum.  And I am not trying to sell.

Pure gold

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some lady grabbed my pole only minutes after posting locally. Effective advertising pays off I guess. 

You know, I totally got the wrong idea when you said she grabbed your pole..

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this label for the first time...

But then, this... Also, the suit was priced separately!

DeadBoy

Reaction score
1) Nice jeans, Ian.

2) Let's all cool the **** down on the listings/availability stuff, OK?

3) Thrifted stripper pole makes thrifted bathing suits seem downright cleanly. I hope you hit that with a blacklight before using.

hucklecat

Reaction score
1) Nice jeans, Ian.

2) Let's all cool the **** down on the listings/availability stuff, OK?

3) Thrifted stripper pole makes thrifted bathing suits seem downright cleanly. I hope you hit that with a blacklight before using.

Regarding 3)
As a healthcare safety / infection control officer of course I took standard precautions! When acquired, I did a good wipe down with a pro quat sanitizer and then did a pass through high heat and a UV sterilizer.
To prevent possible cross contamination I always swap out my latex gloves between handling items as well.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding 3)
As a healthcare safety / infection control officer of course I took standard precautions! When acquired, I did a good wipe down with a pro quat sanitizer and then did a pass through high heat and a UV sterilizer.
To prevent possible cross contamination I always swap out my latex gloves between handling items as well.

So, did the person who grabbed your pole wear latex gloves?

GM-H

Reaction score
Wish summer could stick around! PRL pants (SS ones had a 20 in the pocket...channeling my inner cap'n)
I found the same PRL NYYC burgee pants last year!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Almost forgot to check denim
YOu ******* lucky bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ffffuuuu.gif

I thrifted a portable pole dance pole. Available (the pole, not me) LOL

Thrift Fit:

Yoohoo! Chocolate Drink T-shirt
Polo Cargo Shorts
IS that your dog go the left and a teddy to the bottom right?
puzzled.gif

I am going to die
No comments????
1/1 3x1
Mmm
Black weft blue waft selvage?!??!??!!??!?
?!?!!;&2!8/'ebidnwoef
lol8[1].gif

Dropped by one thrift shop today

And this was waiting at the door today (purchased from nSuited flash sale 96% off)

fistbump.gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

staxringold

Reaction score

Every interview I did were for jobs that hadn't made it to the "posted" stage. They had a need and saw my information before even doing a formal listing. The best part about that is you aren't really competing against anyone yet. Did you try emailing attorneys in the firms you would want to work for even for not listed jobs? The worst that happens is you get ignored.PM me and we can strategize together. I would love to help if I can. I didn't realize you had been trying for an entire year with no results. Your career development office helpful at all?

Not really. And I'm aware of that strategy and did it, but there are basically 8 or so real biggish firms in the state and I interviewed with effectively all of them. Small firms aren't going to think about hiring before a concrete need and I really don't see how you differentiate amongst them in picking who to effectively cold call (and again I did this to no avail).

Tl;dr - I appreciate the offer and will chat with anyone, but I think it's fair to say I've heard every version of legal career advice there is at this point

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm heading home tomorrow, so I'll be back to regular posting next week. I'll try to get pictures of my finds, but some of it will be sent out before I get photos.

Until then, some ties:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads