• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

staxringold

Reaction score

I think he means this collaboration
:

I've got some Am. Living ties that I like. Unless, of course, you're asking Ian about the actual jacket....

I have to say, I have an Am. Living black with white dots tie I grabbed for $8 in a JCP once and it really does feel/look/tie nicely. Almost grabbed a red w/ white dots tie at a thrift also, but had stains. Really is nice quality given what it is (cheap department store house brand)

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Above is my previous post of my setup. I now have added (2) 8 foot processing tables and about 16 more linear feet of hanging space.

I have a problem.
Wes, your storage looks nicer than some of the men's store I've seen. Good job, mate!
newborn denim head here...very interested!

Made in Japan? Made in USA from Japanese Denim?
Japanese selvedge, grail status! Will post in a bit. I got to run to the little boy's room.
shog[1].gif

DieuEtLesDames

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers linen pants
a nice stone color and perfect fit
pleats and cuffs, oh yes!

AND they're machine washable. Thank goodness.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just one find last week, definitely more than Thrift prices should be but what the hell. Silk/wool blend Corneliani in my size. Just needs a few basic alts (slim down body, mess with arms etc) and I'm good to go. Could maybe shorten the body by an inch or so, it's a tad longer than my usual but not crazy long.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Above is my previous post of my setup. I now have added (2) 8 foot processing tables and about 16 more linear feet of hanging space.

I have a problem.
Wes, your storage looks nicer than some of the men's store I've seen. Good job, mate!
newborn denim head here...very interested!

Made in Japan? Made in USA from Japanese Denim?
Japanese selvedge, grail status! Will post in a bit. I got to run to the little boy's room.
shog[1].gif

Long potty break.......

lurker[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2 pairs of RRL. One selvedge, one not selvedge. I'm going to hold onto them for now until I figure out what to do with them. Both are about 26. Super small with 34 inseam...
ffffuuuu.gif
I think they were from the same guy.

I will never ever talk **** about my local thrift store anymore!!!
So, I was in the jeans section which I've never found anything before...From 3 feet away I saw the RRL. There was a gentleman looking at these. My heart literally skipped a beat as I screamed in my head, "JUST PUT IT DOWN AND BACK AWAY! DO IT!" And so the thrift gods answered my prayer. As soon as he put them down I snatched them up faster than a crack head licking up some crack residue on the side of the road! I calmly place them in my basket and hit the rack again. WTF!!! ANOTHER PAIR!!!!!! Ok, ok, wow, calm down. Oh wait...The second pair wasn't selvedge...Oh well, I'll eBay them. Snatched them up and placed into my basket calmly. Ok, shall we continue? WTF!!! Is that a piggy I'm looking at? Wait a minute, there are too little piggies pulling on a pair of jeans???!!! Could it be...Should it be...Would it be...OMG! Yes! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Need to change my pants!

Studio D'Artisan Japanese Selvedge! I literally exclaimed, "WHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT!" The gentleman who put down the RRL looked at my and smirked. I was like, "Damn right!"

Sorry guys, the piggies are pre-dibed by a homie who is hooking me up with a vintage Citizen full auto watch! Forgot to add, these piggies have hidden rivets! Also, these are blue line selvedge!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice.... Guess I hit the wrong stores today. Or too early....
musicboohoo[1].gif

NJMichael

Reaction score
The last time I was at my very local thrift shop I took photos of a few of the labels I was passing on. I am sharing them here in case anyone wants to comment or sees something I might have missed. Going primarily on eBay prices for the same labels. I am not a tie guy and did not see any big brands so passed on all of those. The one I was close on was the Mani, but trying to be choosy.

I can pretty much get any of the suits for $20.00, the ties would be maybe a buck.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last time I was at my very local thrift shop I took photos of a few of the labels I was passing on. I am sharing them here in case anyone wants to comment or sees something I might have missed. Going primarily on eBay prices for the same labels. I am not a tie guy and did not see any big brands so passed on all of those. The one I was close on was the Mani, but trying to be choosy.

I can pretty much get any of the suits for $20.00, the ties would be maybe a buck.

Hey man, uhhhhhhh, sorry, everything you've posted are not worth even looking at except for that Conte Di Como tag, which I have no idea what is it.
puzzled.gif

vlassis

Reaction score
We live in Vancouver's Kitsilano area and hit the two neighbourhood Sally's Ann's a few times a week. There is always Ferragamo - new, mens, womens, vintage. We actually leave behind a lot of the vintage ladies because they are 'too granny' for our market. Sure they would be fine on etsy but it's slow on there.

Vancouver is an untapped market folks! We hardly see any flippers when we are out with our train of carts. I see these tweed's you are posting and we passed on at least a dozen Harris Tweed coats on Saturday. Really nice with no stains or tears. Just too many to choose from and our budget is for name luxury items mostly.

We did pick up a mens Burberrys' Harris Tweed long coat for $12.99 a few days back and a womans long Aquascutum coat after reading some threads. Left two behind because they were trenches. Maybe as we get more confident in what styleforum members are looking for we can work something out.

Ciao for now,

Vlassis

vlassis

Reaction score
Apologies for not using the Quote option when replying! These comments are in reply to the West Coast member who did renovations during the 50% off Salvation Army thrift weekend in Canada. We complained that there was not a Ferragamo to be found and that was a first.

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads