• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

2 pairs of RRL. One selvedge, one not selvedge. I'm going to hold onto them for now until I figure out what to do with them. Both are about 26. Super small with 34 inseam...
ffffuuuu.gif
Tagged 26 or measure 26?

What the **** is wrong with people. I specifically state I ship only to the lower 48. I just had 2 international bidders win on auctions.
ffffuuuu.gif
cloud.gif
censored.gif
facepalm.gif
You can block international bidders. Its a PIA, you need look under: Exclude shipping locations and click each that you want to exclude, including Hawaii/Alaska/APO.

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personal beat haul in progress. If anyone wants some wide wale Vintage early 90s Wide leg RRL brown cords, sz 34 pm before I leave.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Studio D'Artisan Japanese Selvedge! I literally exclaimed, "WHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT!" The gentleman who put down the RRL looked at my and smirked. I was like, "Damn right!"

Wow, crazy find for a thrift - congrats, man! Maybe you can take the other jeans that are too small and construct a 40s jacket that actually fits you.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, crazy find for a thrift - congrats, man! Maybe you can take the other jeans that are too small and construct a 40s jacket that actually fits you.
lol8[1].gif
I just might! Actually just got a PM from a member wanting a pair for his girl. Awww, that's so sweet. These are small enough to fit a thin woman.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
In the field and theres a "mani" unvented suit with quintuple pleated pants for $299. Need to know quick if i should kop! Its vintage, looks to be at LEAST from the mid 80's!

thanks!

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last time I was at my very local thrift shop I took photos of a few of the labels I was passing on. I am sharing them here in case anyone wants to comment or sees something I might have missed. Going primarily on eBay prices for the same labels. I am not a tie guy and did not see any big brands so passed on all of those. The one I was close on was the Mani, but trying to be choosy.

I can pretty much get any of the suits for $20.00, the ties would be maybe a buck.

Requoted for awesomeness. Please buy all of this.
smile.gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a similar saying:
Punctuation: It's the difference between the time you helped your Uncle, Jack, off a horse and the time you helped your Uncle jack off a horse.
I know a similar saying, too.
Come eat, Dick as in come and eat something, Dick, which is short for Richard.
vs.
Come eat dick as in come and eat a penis. Dick is a slang for penis. Yikes! Don't ever make that mistake!
teacha.gif

In the field and theres a "mani" unvented suit with quintuple pleated pants for $299. Need to know quick if i should kop! Its vintage, looks to be at LEAST from the mid 80's!

thanks!
lol8[1].gif
Right, that's a good one, man!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just one find last week, definitely more than Thrift prices should be but what the hell. Silk/wool blend Corneliani in my size. Just needs a few basic alts (slim down body, mess with arms etc) and I'm good to go. Could maybe shorten the body by an inch or so, it's a tad longer than my usual but not crazy long.

I think besides the jacket could use a slimming, the length is right on. I prefer my jacket's hemline to end around my hallucis longus of my thumb when in robot stance.
Tagged 26 or measure 26?
It's tagged 26. I'll hit you up with the deets.

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think besides the jacket could use a slimming, the length is right on. I prefer my jacket's hemline to end around my hallucis longus of my thumb when in robot stance.
It's tagged 26. I'll hit you up with the deets.
I can fit a 27 in apc with a 34 inseam so maybe these might work for me as well depending on stretch...

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Just thrifted the nicest suit i have yet to come across. Mabro handmade Italy for Lee Newman with Surgeon Cuffs. Don't think it has ever been worn, just a bit too small for me sadly, its a 50R Euro.

And a Vintage really heavy Woolrich Hunting Jacket with game pocket in back, my research seems to put this in the 1940-50's??? It is in really nice condition.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if Thom Browne suits are worth picking up if 120 a pop?
Burberry Prorsum recent $99?
Ravazollo suit $99?

Damn prices have lept up.......

Taking some pics of stuff I did pick up this time. Not too bad stuff but had to leave the very expensive better stuff behind.......

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can fit a 27 in apc with a 34 inseam so maybe these might work for me as well depending on stretch...

Bro, I can hit you up with the deets but I don't think these will fit you because when I tried them on, I couldn't even get my thigh in. If you think the Levi's selvedge I was telling you about are too skinny on you, these are way skinnier.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Authenticity check...

My gut says yes, since it was next to this:

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you even eat, bro?
Just thrifted the nicest suit i have yet to come across. Mabro handmade Italy for Lee Newman with Surgeon Cuffs. Don't think it has ever been worn, just a bit too small for me sadly, its a 50R Euro.
Shoot, Mabro is good? There was one at a consignment nearby for a while, but I didn't recognize it so I left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads