• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grrr. A stylish smaller guy was slain and I only got a Steven Alan shirt and a apc shirt in size small. A local volume flipper grabbed everything else... I saw selvedge jeans suits and dozens of shirts by the armfull by the time I got there. Will prob go back throughout the day.

Owch! I hate seeing what I missed. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

Slow day today. Couple ties and a couple pairs of jeans. All are available. Couldn't even fit one leg into the Naked & Famous. :laugh:

Naked & Famous Slim Guy Nep Selvedge. Barely worn. Button fly. Tagged 29. Measures 30 x 34 1/2

USA made Levis 501 Selvedge. Leather patch. Button fly. Tagged 32 x 32, measures 30 x 32.

Really kicking myself for not getting out an hour or two earlier. Found these two super recent Hermes ties. One was stashed in the pocket of a pair of pants facing the inside of the rack. Someone must have ran out of money or something and stashed it. The guy likely donated more. :fu:

Last edited:

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Think I made some good scores today, including my first Loro Piana

First up, i think this is a vintage Abercrombie & Fitch made in New Zealand , let me know what you guys think, hope it was worth the ten spot investment. It is missing the bottom button but there is an extra button inside, so I just need to talk my wife into fixing that :)

Also got a couple Ted Baker, Jil Sander and a really nice Heritage Limited Edition Pendleton.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Consolidation of the little bit of thrifting I've gotten to do over the last month.

vintage Alan Paine shetland sweater 42 mint. available

older Brooks Brothers DB blazer 46L.available (forgive the unaesthetic pics)

older Brooks Brothers tux 46L. available

Polo SC made in Italy but not Corneliani silk 46L or 48L. available

vintage Gant madras SC no tagged size fits like 42R ish. available

Banana Republic Heritage SC 46L (heavy,nice construction for what it is, again sorry about pics) available

I don't think many of these shirts are going to be available but you can inquire

top: NWOT Patagonia organic cotton M, J.L. Powell 16 slim, APC S
bottom: J Press (for japanese market? content tags are in japanese forget the size but small), Hawes & Curtis 16 1/5, NWOT Talbott Carmel XL

top: T&A 16, T&A 17 X2
bottom: NOS Brooks Brothers (can anyone date this label?), Loro Piana 16 1/2, Barbera XXL

Last edited:

John Sullivan

Reaction score
I've been hitting the local thrift stores recently and picked up these 6 dress shirts for myself. Although they're my neck size, the sleeve's are too long, and the tailor's alteration cost is prohibitive .
So here they are, all available.
T.M. Lewin 15 X 34 FC
Hilditch and Key 15 X 34 FC
Pink 15 X 33.5 FC (X2)
Ermengildo Zegna 15 X 34 FC
Charles Tyrwhitt 15 X 33 FC

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$20 bill spent on the way home from work, unfortunately i had to leave a Luciano Barbera orphan (double breasted, peak lapel, unvented) made by Saintandrews, made me sad.

Burberry Cable Knit Sweater - M

Brand new Viyella, Large

vtg Brooks Brothers Makers, little wrinkly, but great shape, EazyE style
wink.gif

vtg madras ties, might send them over to Typhoid Jones to work his Etsy Trad ways

westling

Reaction score
I know what I'm about to say doesn't get a lot of love on this thread (or on SF for that matter), but if the jacket fits, has a nice cut and good fabric - and you like it - then go for it. No one knows what you're wearing but you. Fit and cut are most important.

Or as I frequently ask myself, "You're happy to wear clothes that someone else wore for a while and threw away, but you're bothered by a label that no one's going to see?"

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Consolidation of the little bit of thrifting I've gotten to do over the last month.
vintage Alan Paine shetland sweater 42 mint. available

If anyone is interested in this sweater, I would advise them to go after it. This summer I found up a handful of vintage Alan Paine shetland sweaters and I wear them almost everyday. They look great and actually have a bit of a tailored fit. Just my .02.

Today - 4 Paul Stuart Suits, staple colors, about a 41/42 + my first ever Savile Row find. (Crappy) Pics to come (hopefully) tomorrow.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or as I frequently ask myself, "You're happy to wear clothes that someone else wore for a while and threw away, but you're bothered by a label that no one's going to see?"

I buy 50 year old suits and they look like new, workmanship visible, and people notice. JosABank suits fit me well. But after few wears they look like Scheiße. Fit does matter but it seems quality is part of the fit in the long run.

ocooney

Reaction score

I've been hitting the local thrift stores recently and picked up these 6 dress shirts for myself. Although they're my neck size, the sleeve's are too long, and the tailor's alteration cost is prohibitive .
So here they are, all available.
T.M. Lewin 15 X 34 FC
Hilditch and Key 15 X 34 FC
Pink 15 X 33.5 FC  (X2)
Ermengildo Zegna 15 X 34 FC
Charles Tyrwhitt 15 X 33 FC

Just wanted to give John credit for a very nice trade. Very smooth and a nice guy to deal with.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
wow. that was a busy end of november and into december. i'm sure I owe many of you PM's. forthcoming.

Shout out to: SeaJen, DustinMyself, Grendel, GreenMachine hope im not forgetting anyone.

Ian ...
baldy[1].gif

for now:

2 Peter Blair ties thought they were cool (Coi Cod + Fox)

2 Ermenengildo Zenga Suits (1 Mil Mil 1 Soft)
Dat grey w/ tight blue over check is teh sechs.

2 Burberry London Ties (IMHO the navy is one of the nicest mid-tier tie on this thread)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Its not every day you find a tshirt that is older than you in your size. This was from the Animalize Tour 1984-85. Not available unless someone makes me an offer I cant refuse. Chest measures 19.5" across.

******* badasswickedsicknasty.

Dude, you're buying this stuff at thrift prices.  Take a chance on the unknown, just like we all have done.  I was standing there in line scrupulously inspecting some Gucci croc loafers for imperfections rather than throwing $10 at the clerk.  Live and learn, then get that money.

I never want that link to expire.

I think he out-spooed you with the peak lapels.

This is true. That was also 2010.

Cashmere Tweed 40R-40L

Hmmmmm.

Any hipsters into Pendleton high quality western wear?

Size?

Polo / Crockett & Jones Tassel Loafers

Size?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had a good day today, first I came home to my secret santa package
SHOUT OUT TO COTTON DOCKERS FOR BEING THE DOPEST PERSON EVER!!
huge amount of dope ties and a hand rolled made in italy ps....

OH YEAH AND A TON OF DOPE SHIRTS AND AND APC PULLOVER (the comme des garcons is too small though :/) but everything else fits!!

now for my finds from today...
first of a nice tie in a sweet tartan made in scotland (wish it was just blackwatch and didn't have the red though)

AND OH GOODNESS WHAT ARE THESE MWAHAHAHAHAHA (AVAILABLE AS HELL although be warned I payed a little more than thrift prices for them)

only bad part is they are not purple label from last season xD

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also my obligatory pass post
this is not the vintage ski stuff I am looking for?

found a shetland size xl didn't cop because not my size but I can proxy

is this the good super old bb they had a couple of these

dope as coat/peacoat thing size L made in usa proxyable

also updates from teen world I was nominated for best dressed, best hair, most artistic, and most unique for senior picks, basically I am the resident hipster runoff
lol8[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads