• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

most dry cleaners sell an assortment of plastic ones (8-10 pairs in many sizes/point angles) for $1-2 per pkg. I should get some metal ones.
Nordstrom has these 18 for $25. Does anyone have any experience with these (do they suck/bend like tinfoil?)
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/david-d...AFC6A3-64E2-E111-8EBE-90E2BA0278A8&origin=pla

Really? I didn't know they sold things like that. Mine are metal and cheap, therefore if I lose them I'm not too concerned :D

Not just for the stays, no. But they are an added bonus when I decide to make the investment to buy retail.
Trou look nice, but I think that's beyond my price tolerance. Will pm anyway.

Ahh, I see. I didn't think you were buying $25 sets of stays, so that makes sense.

PM sent! Unfortunately it's not my auction so I can't do anything about prices. I just thought it was pretty cheap for a recent pair of nice pants. They've actually been sitting there awhile and I can't believe someone hasn't jumped on them, so I just decided to post it here in case someone's been after them :)

MattR

Reaction score

Alright fellas...here are the results for my 2-day shopping spree. Oh yeah, just a heads up...for bragging only....

I wanna ask....
When it comes to Orphans, do you leave them behind 100% of the time?
I could leave behind a BB orphan or something along those lines that is common, but if you were to come across a Kiton orphan, do you still leave it?
I wanna hear what you guys think.

The more Borrelli I see, the more I love them and wish my job paid better.

As to orphans, I don't often pick them up, but I might not be the norm on that. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of trying to wear or flip a suit jacket as a sport coat. And the shoulders will often look "off." So I usually pass.

That being said, I'd throw my personal guide out the window for natural shoulders and soft padding. I have a vintage BB suit where the jacket has natural shoulders and virtually no padding (it's a summer weight suit), and I will wear the jacket as a sportcoat sometimes when it gets too hot here in the swamp.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a thrift brag, but for the price I paid I think it's worthy. Seller sold these chili AE Delrays for $12.50 I guess because of how they looked.

But with a little polish...

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

Can some confirm this is the label I'm looking for. At thrift store now. Pretty sure I've seen it in rlpl before!

it kind of looks like cantarelli to me. the layout is a bit different though. i think it's safe to say you need to grab w/e that label is attached to!

Edit: just found cantarelli @ the label thread.

cantarelli_label_rlpl2.jpg

Last edited:

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Ok, I looking for some input from you guys on shirts. My favorite thus far is borrelli and brioni, but I haven't handled charvet or kiton. However, I I've found that I think my sulkas may be nicer than some of the aforementioned favorites, anyone else think of sulla as a top, top maker or is my experience off because of the quality of a few sulkas I have. You can snag them for $25 or so on ebay fairly easily, I think that's gonna be my go to shirt.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

quoting my firsts posts for posterity god damn I was a little prick... a couple months ago...
now for your responses I think I liked spoos the best "that looks nothing like anything anyone wore to pitti..."

I was owned by mexicutioner and the gang

now I am giving the whole suit to barrel for free 
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

:lol: Good stuff!

Not a thrift brag, but for the price I paid I think it's worthy. Seller sold them these chili AE Delrays for $12.50 I guess because of how they looked.

But with a little polish...

Nice. I'm still looking for a pair.

So just a normal Wed/Thurs in thriftville, eh?
I have the itch BAD but I have 150 suits to photograph this weekend, I dont think I can get out and play :(

Should get to you by Monday. NWT! Make me rich!
smileys-money-702364.gif
smileys-money-671353.gif
smileys-money-330839.gif
smileys-money-714953.gif
smileys-money-239000.gif
smileys-money-114847.gif
smileys-money-829301.gif

IMG_20121116_161644-1.jpg

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Can some confirm this is the label I'm looking for. At thrift store now. Pretty sure I've seen it in rlpl before!
it kind of looks like cantarelli to me. the layout is a bit different though. i think it's safe to say you need to grab w/e that label is attached to! Edit: just found cantarelli @ the label thread.
cantarelli_label_rlpl2.jpg
Yep that's the label I was thinking of.... Almost close enough if I can find the pants $25 jacket. Donna Karan couture orphan right now... On the hunt

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait so there's Donna Karan that is worth picking up? I pass on that stuff relatively frequently, figured it was on par with Oscar De La Renta or something...

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Wait so there's Donna Karan that is worth picking up? I pass on that stuff relatively frequently, figured it was on par with Oscar De La Renta or something...

You want Donna Karan COUTURE, and couture only. I guess that one is cantarelli, some are made by martin greenfield, I have a MG one that I need to slang, it looked like **** because it was so wrinkly but it cost me a whopping $4 :)

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
Good stuff!
Nice. I'm still looking for a pair.
Should get to you by Monday. NWT! Make me rich!
smileys-money-702364.gif
smileys-money-671353.gif
smileys-money-330839.gif
smileys-money-714953.gif
smileys-money-239000.gif
smileys-money-114847.gif
smileys-money-829301.gif

IMG_20121116_161644-1.jpg

what is it, Dig?

Pics of my recent finds

Vineyard Vines Button

Hugo Boss Slim Fit

Unmarked, Etro, Ricci

Magnanni Loafers - 9.5M

Sick Pendleton Blazer - Flannel Wool Navy, Metal Buttons, Red Lining :D

Tom James Royal Classic w/ Holland & Sherry Cloth Flat Front, Ticket Pckt, Dual Vent, Working Cuff, Hot Pink Lining ... everything a man looks for in a suit..

Random Blazers

Zanella 'Bennett' 2 Pleat Perfect Condition

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads