• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in Santa Barabara and would host a thrift gathering at some point if enough folks could gather. There are also a couple of others I have been meaning to extend this invitation to despite their frighteningly young age. @IRKSM @books and tweed . Ventura is also not far away.

Greg
Thrift gathering In Santa Barbara sounds intriguing. Do you have a route worked out with stops?
yes intametely--but SB thrifting is not as awesome as you might expect. A SB /Ventura adventure is an all day affair but "could" but lucrative but honestly it's a roll of the dice. Yet we have perfect weather, wine tasting, beaches.
I'll thrift my way down to you - that should help seal the deal on some finds
lol8[1].gif

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if SB is so so, Where should we head? It seems folks in poor areas ignore the good stuff in favor of labels the recognize, and in nice neighborhoods they might have some more recent High end stuff for you but its always more costly and More folks are looking for it there. Have to do some research . The wine and beach sounds fun too lol

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if SB is so so, Where should we head? It seems folks in poor areas ignore the good stuff in favor of labels the recognize, and in nice neighborhoods they might have some more recent High end stuff for you but its always more costly and More folks are looking for it there. Have to do some research . The wine and beach sounds fun too lol

I think I like you better as an angry hippy lol.

Randomore

Reaction score

Honestly I'm down for wherever. Beach/drinks/thrifts lets do this.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need to cut weight before I can wear again
Holy ****! Is that a denim peacoat?! Brodeetz! For some reason, I've always pictured you to be skinnier. Not sure why.
biggrin.gif

Might as well have. Who proposes to their girlfriend in the living room of their apartment? And then 10 minutes later plays Cards Against Humanity with their parents? Playing Cards Against Humanity with people who can't read aloud is one of the most frustrating experiences ever.
Wait, did she agree?

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Holy ****! Is that a denim peacoat?! Brodeetz! For some reason, I've always pictured you to be skinnier. Not sure why.
biggrin.gif

I always thought he was like a 40-42.... still an awesome dude, whatever size. meeting the good guys on here is on my bucket list.

And it's cool to see all the Cali Bros organizing a meet.Have a beer for me guys. wish i was there.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past week I've found a sport coat with a bag of weed in the pocket and a sport coat with about 10 thongs in the pockets. Weed was HSM and thongs were JAB if you were wondering. My stoner friends were kind of mad about the weed when I told them about it, but it basically turned to dust when I touched it. I reached deeper and I thought I found drug money, but it was just rolling papers. I let a worker know about the weed so hopefully I have some good thrift karma coming my way. I did leave the store with a sweet Astor & Black blazer made for an NFL QB (who never made it past training camp).

Another thing, you think your thrift store prices are bad because you live on the coast? Check out Ohio.

Damn dude, where in Ohio is that? I'm here in Cleveland and that's never seen up this way!

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
off-topic:

dudes, just got back from Montreal. while there, did a whole bunch of walking around and was rocking sweat pants and running shoes. i realized how insanely silly i looked with a peacoat on top.

that brings me to my question: what is a great-looking, warm coat that would mesh well with a pair of sweats or denim and some casual sneakers?

maybe a 60/40 parka?

i am sure @eazye has some ideas, right?

thanks.

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that some illiterate pricer is confusing Alfani with Armani (which is still not worth that price).

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
off-topic:

dudes, just got back from Montreal. while there, did a whole bunch of walking around and was rocking sweat pants and running shoes. i realized how insanely silly i looked with a peacoat on top.

that brings me to my question: what is a great-looking,1. warm coat that would mesh well with a pair of sweats or 2. denim and some casual sneakers?
1. Yohji.
2. Pea coat. (jeans and boots) -depends on the sneakers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads