• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
you buyin?
biggrin.gif

Maybe. trade if i find it?
stirpot.gif

edit: Actually, a pea coat with sweat pants and high tops or timbs is not uncommon here. and sometimes looks freaking awesome.

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, where in Ohio is that? I'm here in Cleveland and that's never seen up this way!

Columbus. I've never seen anything like it in Cleveland, Cinci, or Dayton. The Goodwill's and VOA's are fine. The Ohio Thrift Store chain thinks they are hot **** though.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Columbus. I've never seen anything like it in Cleveland, Cinci, or Dayton. The Goodwill's and VOA's are fine. The Ohio Thrift Store chain thinks they are hot **** though. 

Don't know quality from crap, though. I've seen high tags on junk like that Alfani, while Zegna sits just down the rack at $24.99.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, I used to live in Columbus before I started my thrifting ventures here in Cleveland. That's crazy!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone date this SEARS tag for me?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

off-topic:

dudes, just got back from Montreal. while there, did a whole bunch of walking around and was rocking sweat pants and running shoes. i realized how insanely silly i looked with a peacoat on top.

that brings me to my question: what is a great-looking, warm coat that would mesh well with a pair of sweats or denim and some casual sneakers?

maybe a 60/40 parka?

i am sure @eazye has some ideas, right?

thanks.

A down sweater would be ideal, in my opinion. I have one and it gets a ton of use. Not sure if SF-approved but they are light-weight, warm and will mesh a little better with the rest of your outfit.

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-down-sweater-jacket?p=84674-0''

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

off-topic:

dudes, just got back from Montreal. while there, did a whole bunch of walking around and was rocking sweat pants and running shoes. i realized how insanely silly i looked with a peacoat on top.

that brings me to my question: what is a great-looking, warm coat that would mesh well with a pair of sweats or denim and some casual sneakers?

maybe a 60/40 parka?

i am sure @eazye has some ideas, right?

thanks.

I've only got one pair of sweatpants, which luckily came with a matching top, though any kind of hoodie would work. Of course, this is if you don't care about looking like the president of a tech start-up.

If its ****** out, I throw on the Arc'Teryx Veilance I got from guitarpreacher.

Last edited:

Odradek

Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of ties today including a few Ermenegildo Zegna.
One of them is labelled Ermenegildo Zegna Napoli Couture XXX, and has very distinctive triple X stitching on the reverse.

Are these worth anything more than the regular Zegna ties?

Last edited:

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of ties today including a few Ermenegildo Zegna.
One of them is labelled Ermenegildo Zegna Napoli Couture XXX, and has very distinctive triple X stitching on the reverse.

Are these worth anything more than the regular Zegna ties?
Yes.

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
Thanks man, they definitely were the apex of that streak; details are dialed in, modern styling, interesting without being garish. Saw Hackett occasionally when I lived in London, but nothing of this quality. I think they might be products of Hackett's "bespoke" (not actually) services, which is more just a customization mto model, like what Brooks Bros currently offers. Total speculation but I believe I came across that Danziger guy's early forays into mto/bespoke services; some from Chinese tailors, British mto, and some stateside orders like the Samuelsohn. Seems like a methodical dude, he's probably swathed in Liverano & Liverano by now.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Salvation Armys in Cinci get pretty high on suit prices, although not that bad. Unfortunately, their offerings are usually in pretty rough shape. Valley Thrift is all over the place on pricing too.

Tradvocate

Reaction score
I miss Santa Barbara so much.

Ray owned the thrift scene here for about 5 years then fortunately moved up north so I could start finding something every once in a while. Come back down for a thriftcation Ray.

We should just overlay thrift stores on this map to choose a meet up location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads