• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start contributing a little more in here. And Ian asked if I'd post up some pics of a popover I picked up.

Don't find tailored clothing very often (I mostly buy for myself, 36R/S is a hard size to come by), so it's typically more SW&D stuff.

Recent pickups:

Gilded Age Popover - Made in Japan

RRL Henley

LVC 1947 501XX

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, how do you break up the photography monotony? I saw you refer to taking 900 pics, but it seems like after I do photos for like 10-12 items (around 100-150 pics) I just can't stand it anymore. Maybe I should ask that in the ebay thread I know is floating around somewhere... harrumph. ;)

Pop on a few podcasts - Radiolab, This American Life, the History of Rome, WTF with Mark Maron...those are staples in my rotation, and having them on while doing repetitious but slightly mindless stuff like photographing helps make the whole thing much more palatable.

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Wanted to start contributing a little more in here. And Ian asked if I'd post up some pics of a popover I picked up.

Don't find tailored clothing very often (I mostly buy for myself, 36R/S is a hard size to come by), so it's typically more SW&D stuff.

Recent pickups:

Gilded Age Popover - Made in Japan

RRL Henley

LVC 1947 501XX

T

The pair of Levis should fetch/sale for a nice amount of change! If you can get a buyer from Japan you will have enough to fund your next four thrift outings. Nice haul in any case good find.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pair of Levis should fetch/sale for a nice amount of change! If you can get a buyer from Japan you will have enough to fund your next four thrift outings. Nice haul in any case good find.

They would go for far more than I paid, but I collect LVC/Levi's stuff to an extent.

I didn't photograph, but also picked up a pair of early 70's selvedge little 'e' 501s and a RRL pocket tee.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wes, about that Woolrich reindeer sweater............... :devil:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: BB Blackwatch at thrift prices are an instakop. So many people (even here) want a pair you can always trade.
Part two - BIN
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
These did take almost 60 days to sell though....

BALLER Polo Ralph Lauren BLACKWATCH Wool Side Tab RARE Mens Dress Pants 30 x 28

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wanted to start contributing a little more in here. And Ian asked if I'd post up some pics of a popover I picked up. Don't find tailored clothing very often (I mostly buy for myself, 36R/S is a hard size to come by), so it's typically more SW&D stuff. Recent pickups:
Gilded Age Popover - Made in Japan RRL Henley LVC 1947 501XX
:slayer: Summer polo that I liked, nothing special
For my dad, found on his birthday
Also for him and found on his bday
A Hickey BD that caught my eye. Interest fabric right?
right?
e-thrift

dz-015

Reaction score
SOME STUFF​

Wow! At the rate I'm going, it would take me a year to pick up the items you picked up in one day!

I ran across five or six suits with the following label:

What is everyone's opinion on quality? This doesn't seem to be the "good" Caraceni? Thanks

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pop on a few podcasts - Radiolab, This American Life, the History of Rome, WTF with Mark Maron...those are staples in my rotation, and having them on while doing repetitious but slightly mindless stuff like photographing helps make the whole thing much more palatable.

Also check out how stuff works and selected shorts

Matt: I take back what I said about you posting your finds, keep them to yourself you damn show off

bytor13

Reaction score
Just one stop today. Did pick up my 3rd BoO shirt in a week, along with a couple of Billy Reid shirts. (N/A)

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thrift fit from church today: andover shop, brooks brothers, henry rosen, j crew
also who the hell makes these henry rosen made in Italy pants, I love them, they are washed cotton like a lbm 1911 or bolgioli jacket and the label looks familiar I just can't place it

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Went out today to enjoy the LD weekend sales. Everything was half off, lovely. Got maybe 10 or so Made in England overcoats, couple Canali overcoats, England 100% cashmere navy coats... gorgeous stuff. But, I prefer to look for the unusual things, its making me more fulfilled lately. So, some things from today that are more off the beaten path. Worth the gamble since it was half off.

ireland aran

nwob imperials 12

my most unusual find ever, this is the real deal, solid, authentic handmade one. haven't googled yet, but theres only one on ebay for about 700 bucks. lets see.... got about 10 people in store asking if i was defo taking it, so i had to of course

dead mint schott USN

SICK

aztec polo hai hipsters, snatched from the "do not touch items before they leave rack" rack. oops

intense oriental silk robe (might keep for poker games)

cash on a hunnid - keeping

effing love this hand knit in germany degrade ski swtr

dior homme made in france woot

burton plainview mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads