• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Photo of todays haul.

Shirts
Taylor Bird
Tommy Bahama (2)
Ted Baker Endurance Strip
J. Hilburn
BB Lavendor F/C
TM Lewin F/C
Tallia Orange

Pants
Manson Draw String Khaki 34w
Gap Signature F/F Khakis 34m

Shoes
Allen Edmonds Woodstock Chesnut Loafers 11.5M
Salvatore Ferragamo Pebble Grain Blauchers 10.5M
J&M Oxblood Oxfords 10M
FootJoy Saddle Shoe 10M

Tie
Wool Tarton Plaid (Not Shown)
Altea Milno Stripes

evolutionofRW

Reaction score
Some recent tie pickups. Brioni, RLPL and Sulka. $2.00 each. I will start posting my pickups here. I think this might be my first post..

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw some interesting things in a thrift today... First Alden's I have seen outside of a regular retail environment, new in box, priced at 400 fricking dollars. In a thrift - as if anyone is gonna walk in and pay that. Slew of Narcisco Rodriguez dresses, all NWT but spattered with ink stains - originally like $1500 each but worthless. Used Tyrwhitt shirts for $25 each. Tyrwhitt trench for $125. Pringle sweater with holes for $50. US-made "Burberry's" orphan SC's for $100. Mexican-made Z Zegna suit for $900. Apparently someone at this thrift has the interwebs but no idea how thrift stores are supposed to (or maybe used to?) work...

I did grab one thing there - Dunhill Italy (older Zegna I think) SC with issues, for button harvesting (the ones with the little "d" logo - a set currently on eBay for $470 OBO [not that they would ever sell for anywhere near that much]).

Last edited:

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SOME STUFF​

hah, that Anderson-Little... I see that logo on occasion and a lot of similar old-school stuff - a store here used to sell a ton of it - but I feel like I'd buy 20 things to find 1 or 2 that were decent to sell.

Also, I've passed Gran Sasso repeatedly (the lana cashmere seta) - it looks like it doesn't sell too well? I have a couple for myself, it is niceish stuff. Am I missing something?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hah, that Anderson-Little... I see that logo on occasion and a lot of similar old-school stuff - a store here used to sell a ton of it - but I feel like I'd buy 20 things to find 1 or 2 that were decent to sell.

Also, I've passed Gran Sasso repeatedly (the lana cashmere seta) - it looks like it doesn't sell too well? I have a couple for myself, it is niceish stuff. Am I missing something?

You are not Spoo, he sold a Bert Pulitzer tie for $41. This man can pick up a Stafford polyester suit and get a bidding war going...

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh - heh - forgot this oddball pickup today. 8 copies, all new/sealed, of John Peel's Tractor 180-gram double-LP with CD [kinda prog/psyche]. Being double-LP's with CD they were outrageously priced at $4.29 each (compare to eBay). I guess I'm back in the record selling business...

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After Spoo and Wes, I'm not even going to bother posting pics. Some amazing hauls today guys.

Picked up the usual ebay fodder - 5 pair BB trou for $3 a pop. Then some J Press cords, Nettleton saddle shoes, several sport coats (Brooks tweed, Stefano Ricci, Brooks tuxedo jacket and a Dior (not the good kind) tailcoat that may have been a mistake) among others. Oh, and an ancient Brooks Brothers tie, self tipped, with these neat little bulls and bears on it.

Then my wife starts digging through racks and pulls out a sweet zegna tie and a pristine Sulka. After her Loake find the other week, I almost want to retire and pass the hobby off to her. Almost.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not going to attempt finding it in those photos but that vintage brown flannel looking smoking jacket. Oh man.... :slayer::slayer: :drool:
Oh - heh - forgot this oddball pickup today. 8 copies, all new/sealed, of John Peel's Tractor 180-gram double-LP with CD [kinda prog/psyche]. Being double-LP's with CD they were outrageously priced at $4.29 each (compare to eBay). I guess I'm back in the record selling business...
PM Sent. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads