• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acousticfoodie

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this label?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bow ties will never be brag worthy for SW&D, no matter the brand.

Really? Seems exactly the kind of thing you counter-cultural hipsters would be after.

OK, so maybe that last one is gratuitous, but you have to admit: He's a serious pimp.

EDIT: Before I start Thread War Three, I'm kidding guys. Chill.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rag & Bone and Billy Reid should never be in the same sentence as Jil and Raf.
In the same sentence, huh? Hmmm...
biggrin.gif

Really? Seems exactly the kind of thing you counter-cultural hipsters would be after.

OK, so maybe that last one is gratuitous, but you have to admit: He's a serious pimp.

EDIT: Before I start Thread War Three, I'm kidding guys. Chill.

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
^^ Deets on the Vietnam era stuff? Been after a pair of jungle boots for a long time. Had a pair of og issue jungle boots a long time ago. Have no idea what happened to them. Picked up a cheapie pair from the army surplus store a couple years later and they literally fell apart within a year.

Nat, what size shoe are you? Not vietnam era, but I have a pair of black Bellevue military boots with steel toes, size 12 I think. I got them from the BX when I worked on a military base. If your interested, let me know and I'll send them over.
cheers.gif

Then I was like oh, GMMcL knows whats up
fistbump.gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does this mean? It freaks me out. It vaguely reminds me of this guy:
I actually don't really have a good grasp why the mustache, the big frame glasses, and the bow tie. Maybe there's a story here or it means something. But I'm not into hipster culture so I don't understand the symbolism here. Maybe it's just for looks. Maybe it looks cute and the dudes get chicks who dig that sort of stuff. The length some guys will go for purrrssy. Maybe looking like that makes you more sophisticated without having to say anything. Posers.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually don't really have a good grasp why the mustache, the big frame glasses, and the bow tie. Maybe there's a story here or it means something. But I'm not into hipster culture so I don't understand the symbolism here. Maybe it's just for looks. Maybe it looks cute and the dudes get chicks who dig that sort of stuff. The length some guys will go for purrrssy. Maybe looking like that makes you more sophisticated without having to say anything. Posers.

Take a walk around Wicker Park here in Chicago, those kinds of dudes are always with the hottest chicks. I don't get it myself. That and the work-wear crowd. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick thrift fit before I'm out the door.

Shirt: Gitman Bros. Master Shirt Makers. Free - ChetBakerSings. Thanks again!
Jeans: RRL selvedge. Marshalls
Socks: Cabot & Sons. Made in Vermont. Marshalls
Belt: Minnesota Leather Works. London Tan. Paid retail
Shoes: Chippewa x J. Crew Homestead boot. Sale
Jacket: Taylor Supply Co. Sale

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice looks guys. ^^^^^ Nataku, is this your first thrift fit, besides your wedding pic?

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice looks guys. ^^^^^ Nataku, is this your first thrift fit, besides your wedding pic?

Ty. Dude eazy I was catching up on the thread the last few days and was stunned by the amount of ties u pick up! Makes me regret not Thrifting while I was there!!
Keep it coming!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ty. Dude eazy I was catching up on the thread the last few days and was stunned by the amount of ties u pick up! Makes me regret not Thrifting while I was there!!
Keep it coming!

Hahaha, I just sold a lot of 45 ties on the bay that I picked up early in my thrifting career and never wore, so I though I needed some more. :embar:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick thrift fit before I'm out the door.

Shirt: Gitman Bros. Master Shirt Makers. Free - ChetBakerSings. Thanks again!
Jeans: RRL selvedge. Marshalls
Socks: Cabot & Sons. Made in Vermont. Marshalls
Belt: Minnesota Leather Works. London Tan. Paid retail
Shoes: Chippewa x J. Crew Homestead boot. Sale
Jacket: Taylor Supply Co. Sale

:slayer: Looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads