• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the German maker of Paul Stuart suits a known brand? Picked up a beauty in 42L, seems extremely recent

Few pairs of pants in 36W - Em's of Masons (never heard, but really high quality, split waistband etc) in a cool dark patterned moleskin material, insanely thick and heavy military twill, khaki color, flat front Polo by Corneliani, pleated Canali, Black D&G corduroys

Can get pics later, but all available.

Paul and Shark flannely shirt XL

Canal (super dark navy) 36

Em's of Masons: cool moleskin material with interesting pattern. Quality is super high, split waist band, etc. 36

Dolce & Gabbana Black Cords 36, weird lighting makes em look green, but they are soft velvetty black

heaviest pair of twill pants ever touched, Polo by Corneliani 36

Paul Stuart Suit: looks so recent, but made in Germany? tiny stain on lapel

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Paul Stuart Suit: looks so recent, but made in Germany? tiny stain on lapel

Its older... nice looking though. Had one like that which I think went to a thread member. You can tell quick by the tag. One city = oldest, 2 cities = old, 3 cities = newish

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
you guys know what this means, right? it's the first annual
THRIFT FIND OF THE YEAR CONTEST 2012 EDITION.
pm me if you want to be on the selection committee (spoo and DM7, i'm looking right at you).
once we hammer out the criteria and logistics, we'll open it up for submissions. winner will be announced on Dec. 31, 2012.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is going to be exciting, PM sent!!
pm me if you want to be on the selection committee (spoo and DM7, i'm looking right at you).
once we hammer out the criteria and logistics, we'll open it up for submissions. winner will be announced on Dec. 31, 2012.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First a HUGE shoutout to caseyfud for an awesome Borrelli shirt and proxying some Pantharella socks. They came today and everything's awesome, thanks man!

Not thrifted, but I picked this up today

2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premiere w/ AWD, heated front and rear seats, heated washer fluid nozzles, and remote start

Now to catch up on the thread

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not really a brag or even a large discount but I am stoked about winning this
measurements are perfect, it is real leather has cool pockets is a super classic bomber style ect. I would have gladly paid more for it although 78 is pretty steep especially considering it is american living (lets not get into the jc penny debate again though)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...KbwQJPvy/wy8pw/KQK18NSw=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

my next big investment will be copping these bad boys after christmas with some ebay money and hopefully a buttload of end of season discounts

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13315444

also shout out to anti rabbit on a crazy trade for the frye johdpurs I got so many pm's about! let me just check captoes, a barbour, some 7 folds and a western shirt off my list
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

also forgot to post this earlier but I won some monogram sterling silver cufflinks for less than a 3 piece chicken nuggets (my dad steals them from me when he has big meetings)

also obligatory wiwt thrift fit
cardigan inherited from grandfather, shirt lands end slim fit bought steep discount, j crew suede loafers thrifted (so were the shoe trees), gap selvage ebay, watch casio navy diver ebay, belt hickey freeman traded

if you bros think I am overdressed for highschool you should see the dude that wears bowties every day.... also the previous fit what the exception to the rule that i normally just wear normal stuff like this...
sf hat thrifted, michigan shirt thrifted, black old navy skinny jeans ebay for super cheap, chucks ebay for super cheap

can there be different categories like weirdest find and most improved and rookie of the year ect.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jesus, why do you people hate me?

I'M WAY TOO COMPETITIVE NOT TO TAKE THIS WITH DEADLY SERIOUSNESS

Mother farkers.

I went out today as Beowulf to fulfill the quest set for me by Grendel. I came back with bags of stuff. But before you get excited, I failed. Sort of. Barbera Sartoriale by St. Andrews (I think), but unvented and besom pockets. Sulka, but very old tie and shirt, each of which that have damage. Trafalgar braces x2. Super old, super awesome Brooks Brothers Chesterfield. Some other stuff, but nowhere near the volume of awesome that's been extracted from my home state in recent days. (Plus I cheated; much of my searching was in New York). Passed on a very decent solid gray double breasted, dual vented Aquascutum orphan because I lacked the patience to search for the pants needle in the room-sized haystack of men's trousers. And on one of the nicest, most recent Isaia SCs I've seen recently because they wanted an absurd -- no, I mean like an order of magnitude plus above normal thrift prices -- amount for it.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

excellent. the selection committee is now in place. check your pm's fellas.
everyone else: :lurk:

Hah ha. Remember that I am in possession of the NWOT Kiton suit circa 2011, discovered by Troika and purchased by Mexicutioner and transferred to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads