• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did pretty well for casual wear today. Found two pairs of Zegna casual pants and a Paul Smith shirt, all in my size. I found a pair of Borrelli jeans that are a bit too big (size 38). Happy to trade those for something in a size 36.

I also found something a bit unusual - a navy suit by B. Clemo, the Peninsular Hotel HK tailor. I was quite surprised - fully canvassed, functioning sleeve buttons, pick stitching. MTM (or bespoke?) for someone probably, but it fits me very well.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my limited experience, it's best to go the day after the big clearout sales; that's when you'll finally see new stuff on the racks.

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
In my limited experience, it's best to go the day after the big clearout sales; that's when you'll finally see new stuff on the racks.

Good idea.
Wednesday I stopped by the Sal Army, the place was packed. Looked like it was green ticket day, and I couldn't figure out why there were so many people in there until I heard the cashier say everything was 50% off EXCEPT GREEN. I tried and tried to find good stuff, but only went away with 2 pair of BanRep pants...total was $4.54
A guy must have dropped off all of his suits, 3 Land's End and 3 Jos. A Banks, certainly low end stuff, but the light grey Land's End was nice...but one size too big so I resisted.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This really is true... if you go on a big sale day it's unlikely you'll find anything. You KNOW there are ebay flippers waiting when the doors open if it's any kind of location worth hitting.

That said, I've gotten lucky before. I think it helps if it's a weekly thing rather than just a "once a month" deal - the store isn't quite as mobbed, and in some cases they'll put stuff out around the usual time, so you can pick those racks real quick. All counts on the store.

RebelWithACause

Reaction score
hopefully the hermes is real, I don't think so though.

29b6971a.jpg

48387840.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics of the Benson & Clegg I picked up last week - hanging very badly from a weedy hanger, trousers not shown:

SAM_5545.JPG

SAM_5546.JPG

Pic of the Huntsman from Thursday:

SAM_5540.JPG

A Valextra wallet I got a while ago and forgot to show:

SAM_5538.JPG

Today's haul:

Tom Brown vintage bespoke suit (an excellent off-Row tailor based in Sackville Street):

SAM_5542.JPG

SAM_5543.JPG

Alden No. 8 shell boots:

SAM_5539.JPG

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TheWGP;4495952 said:
This really is true... if you go on a big sale day it's unlikely you'll find anything. You KNOW there are ebay flippers waiting when the doors open if it's any kind of location worth hitting.

I'm an Ebay flipper and I never go on big sale days, too crowded.

Xenos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RebelWithACause
hopefully the hermes is real, I don't think so though.

That Hermes looks real to me. I bought a couple recently and pretty sure one is fake although it has some interesting hallmarks of an authentic Hermes. Yours looks good. Nice job!
Originally Posted by SimonC
Pic of the Huntsman from Thursday:
. . .

Alden No. 8 shell boots:

Nice work! Very nice finds! That Huntsman looks great. As do those shells. Hope all of your haul is your size.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
I've bought a couple of things from Dahl^^

1st rate seller.

I know there's a separate thread for that but just wanted to throw that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads