• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees

I'm an Ebay flipper and I never go on big sale days, too crowded.

You're not really the kind of Ebay flipper I'm talking about, I don't think!
laugh.gif

Wolfador

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Also found these. Anyone have a clue as to what the brand is? I can't find a thing.
IMG_20110519_115326.jpg

IMG_20110519_115351.jpg
IMG_20110519_115425.jpg
IMG_20110519_115450.jpg

I remembered seeing your post of these in this thread and spotted a pair on the shelf at the local GW. Did you find out which model these were?
DSC03714.jpg
DSC03716.jpg
Some lady picked them up before I could grab them but she quickly sat them back down so I grabbed them. Not sure what size they are but they fit my size 11 feet great and they look brand new. What should I wear these with? Here is the Charvet tie I found earlier
DSC03718.jpg

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheBurnOut
I've bought a couple of things from Dahl^^

1st rate seller.

I know there's a separate thread for that but just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks! I used to be a burnout ;-)

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some cool ties today. Can anyone tell me about this Isaia? Any idea how old it is? Is it Isaia's mainline or a sub (I don't know anything about the brand)? The GW had a ton of NWT ties from Nordstroms, this was one of them. My green tie line up is pretty thin, I'm thinking of keeping it. Brown Brooks Bros. linen tie I'm digging: Funny Robert Talbott cigar tie I'm probably going to cigar to a cigar buddy.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Found some cool ties today.

Can anyone tell me about this Isaia? Any idea how old it is? Is it Isaia's mainline or a sub (I don't know anything about the brand)?

Though it doesn't say, that looks like the old Enrico Isaia tag. It was Isaia's top line. I think they stopped the line in the early 2000s (2001-2002), but don't quote me on that. That tie looks to be from the late 90's.

Kitontini

Reaction score
Made a day of thrifting today. Got quite the haul too, much to my surprise as I've been finding nothing but junk lately. Here's what I found....

2 Florsheim's. 1 Black 1 Brown. Sz 10.5 D

1 Salvatore Ferragamo's. Sz 10.5 D

1 Allen Edmonds "Sanford" Sz 11 D

1 Allen Edmonds "Newport" Sz 11.5 D

1 Florsheim Imperial Sz 10.5 C (I think these might be Shell, but I'm not sure)

5 Shirts.. Left to Right, Top to Bottom....
Brioni Sz XXL, Brioni Sz XL, RLPL Sz M, Eton Sz 16, and Turnbull & Asser Sz 15.5

6 Shirts... Left to Right, Top to Bottom....
Thomas Pink Sz 15.5, Luciano Barbera Sz 16.5, Faconnable Sz 16.5, John W. Nordstrom Sz 16.5, Canali Sz 17, Canali 17

And on top of ALL THIS.... I managed to find $21 in cash in a sportcoat pocket!!!!!
laugh.gif
If anyones interested in any of this, let me know!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kitontini those Florsheim Imperials are indeed shell. Good find.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
How can you tell??

the leather has no micro creases and is a little bit lumpy. Plus the color is a little different from calf. When you learn what shell looks like it becomes easy to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics