• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
I keep telling myself I'm going to post my ever growing backlog but perfectionism or adhd or some malady between the two prevents me from sitting down and rattling off a series of posts. And so some highlights from late august/early september -
IMG_8417.jpeg

I audibly gasped when I pulled this from the women's sleepwear rack.
IMG_8422.jpeg

and then again (subaudibly) when I saw the sheer amount of damage -
IMG_8432.jpeg

been had by the moths, missing the belt, and a few substantial rips that look manmade. The previous owner was a wild one, I suspect.
IMG_8434.jpeg

that said, quick handwash and into the wardrobe! already found an orphaned black velvet belt and maybe I'll try my hand at some cash patching one of these days. Very luxe, very Ralph.
IMG_8435.jpeg

better shots of those LP jackets from the other week -
IMG_8448.jpeg

killer 90/10 cashmere/capra (casentino-ish?) fabric
IMG_8462.jpeg

and the pecora nera merino twill (@Sartoriamo - women's, as you guessed).
IMG_8437.jpeg

rounded out by a baller maxmara hooded alpaca teddy coat
quick sterling & leather palette cleanser -
IMG_8120.jpeg

a proper concho belt has been on my shortlist for a while, ~9 or 10 oz of silver on this bad boy. The handtooled nautical just spoke to me, as did the silver bear (no marked sterling jewelry ever makes it to the goodwill floor, but they are less assiduous with the belts)
IMG_8121.jpeg

The figural sterling bear is from a Navajo artisan by the name of Thomas Nez, while the narrower tooled belt is a verry nice piece from an Oregon outfit with Fritch Bros sterling hardware. Unusual size 31, too. Fits perfectly, much to my dismay.
IMG_8414.jpeg

ROI-wise this small paper bag might contain my best stop of the year - 10x mint vintage J Press ties and a galley proof of The Power of the Dog (from a more recent edition but comps seem v. promising). ppu .50 cents! a breath of fresh air in a world where ties often get priced between 8-15 dollars
IMG_8427.jpeg

some greats repps, good fabrics, varying widths
IMG_8428.jpeg

peep those original prices. kind of shocking. something has gone very wrong in the intervening decades, I fear.
Moving right along a couple of personal pickups - found this vintage issey in my hometown of all places! great cut & sew striped tee, cost me a dolla
IMG_8633.jpeg

and another one! the label almost slipped by me, sick semi chambray short sleeve with a nifty snap button collar
IMG_8635.jpeg

some shades, the TF I teased earlier, minty vuarnet skylinx in brown, and MJ seafarers, apparently a rare style but sadly the lenses are delaminating. Still seems like an easy sell if not quite so $$
IMG_8661.jpeg

plus a pop! on Colombo (DO NOT SLEEP on this label) for 1.99, quite a small stitched cashmere scarf in a nice orange shade, and a pair of vintage navy suede armani gloves, 2.99. Unusual pieces like that are what keep me coming back to the racks.
Speaking of, can anyone give me info on this peacock?
IMG_8646.jpeg

solid brass, obviously a fireplace screen but much more figural and ornate than most of the comparable pieces out there. The pieced fan consolidates smoothly and the detail work is really excellent, no marks to be found, just the remnants of this tag:
IMG_8652.jpeg

my guess is french origin but I would appreciate any other perspective or informed guesses! That's it for now, good luck out there!
IMG_8418.jpeg

Conclusive

Reaction score
Thrifting has been pretty slow lately; I haven't dredged up much from the laat few trips, but here are some items from the last couple of months (apologies for the eBay photos, I'm too lazy to pull everything out again and some items have already been sold)

1000003623.jpg
1000003625.jpg

Band of Outsiders by Martin Greenfield. My size, but the condition was rough.

1000004359.jpg

NWT Etro linen shirt

1000004177.jpg

Cifonelli Shirt

1000004209.jpg

Carolina Herrera

1000004296.jpg

Brioni 1

1000004315.jpg

Brioni 2 (really digging the gradient stripe, but it's well over my size)

1000004257.jpg

Pop on Filson. Unfortunately, it's a made in China shirt as opposed to their original made in USA stuff, but Filson is Filson.

1000003700.jpg

Versus Versace shirt.

1000003701.jpg

Luca Faloni Linen

1000004329.jpg
1000004319.jpg
1000004331.jpg

Lastly, pop on Lady White Co. Does anyone know if there was a time when they didn't have numerical sizing under the neck label? Lady White feels a bit too niche to make fakes of, but all the comps I've seen have had a small label at the collar.

Crossing my fingers that thrifting starts to pick up again. A lot of my usual haunts are gradually bumping prices and they seem to be targeting specific items more than before (the Band of Outsiders jacket was priced at $24.99 as opposed to the usual $14.99, probably because of a new employee they hired that seems to be generally aware of different brands, designers, and their values). Best of luck to everyone out there!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tall boi 36

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep telling myself I'm going to post my ever growing backlog but perfectionism or adhd or some malady between the two prevents me from sitting down and rattling off a series of posts. And so some highlights from late august/early september -
View attachment 2255211
I audibly gasped when I pulled this from the women's sleepwear rack.
View attachment 2255215
and then again (subaudibly) when I saw the sheer amount of damage -
View attachment 2255225
been had by the moths, missing the belt, and a few substantial rips that look manmade. The previous owner was a wild one, I suspect.
View attachment 2255227
that said, quick handwash and into the wardrobe! already found an orphaned black velvet belt and maybe I'll try my hand at some cash patching one of these days. Very luxe, very Ralph.
View attachment 2255229
better shots of those LP jackets from the other week -
View attachment 2255233
killer 90/10 cashmere/capra (casentino-ish?) fabric
View attachment 2255235
and the pecora nera merino twill (@Sartoriamo - women's, as you guessed).
View attachment 2255231
rounded out by a baller maxmara hooded alpaca teddy coat
quick sterling & leather palette cleanser -
View attachment 2255205
a proper concho belt has been on my shortlist for a while, ~9 or 10 oz of silver on this bad boy. The handtooled nautical just spoke to me, as did the silver bear (no marked sterling jewelry ever makes it to the goodwill floor, but they are less assiduous with the belts)
View attachment 2255207
The figural sterling bear is from a Navajo artisan by the name of Thomas Nez, while the narrower tooled belt is a verry nice piece from an Oregon outfit with Fritch Bros sterling hardware. Unusual size 31, too. Fits perfectly, much to my dismay.
View attachment 2255209
ROI-wise this small paper bag might contain my best stop of the year - 10x mint vintage J Press ties and a galley proof of The Power of the Dog (from a more recent edition but comps seem v. promising). ppu .50 cents! a breath of fresh air in a world where ties often get priced between 8-15 dollars
View attachment 2255217
some greats repps, good fabrics, varying widths
View attachment 2255221
peep those original prices. kind of shocking. something has gone very wrong in the intervening decades, I fear.
Moving right along a couple of personal pickups - found this vintage issey in my hometown of all places! great cut & sew striped tee, cost me a dolla
View attachment 2255237
and another one! the label almost slipped by me, sick semi chambray short sleeve with a nifty snap button collar
View attachment 2255245
some shades, the TF I teased earlier, minty vuarnet skylinx in brown, and MJ seafarers, apparently a rare style but sadly the lenses are delaminating. Still seems like an easy sell if not quite so $$
View attachment 2255255
plus a pop! on Colombo (DO NOT SLEEP on this label) for 1.99, quite a small stitched cashmere scarf in a nice orange shade, and a pair of vintage navy suede armani gloves, 2.99. Unusual pieces like that are what keep me coming back to the racks.
Speaking of, can anyone give me info on this peacock?
View attachment 2255247
solid brass, obviously a fireplace screen but much more figural and ornate than most of the comparable pieces out there. The pieced fan consolidates smoothly and the detail work is really excellent, no marks to be found, just the remnants of this tag:
View attachment 2255251
my guess is french origin but I would appreciate any other perspective or informed guesses! That's it for now, good luck out there!
View attachment 2255213
if you don't want that purp gown in the future, lemme know.

you know it makes sense.

vandelay74

Reaction score
Another pretty good day here.

Pop on B and R. Then at another at another store, same size and color, but different decade. These synergies are so odd, and welcome.

56278B40-9BC1-49F1-98C4-E44688FBD6B5.jpeg

Another wimminvigoration. There’s gold in them hills.

35093542-B917-4C95-B873-DA08499DF496.jpeg

Reuniting saved me probably 10$ as they seem to have a hard on for full suits. SJ is widely recognized, so I’m happy this one slipped through. Pop on marshmalo

65F99EF0-A7A8-434F-9630-0EB42F4DEB4B.jpeg

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What logo is this?

Bert Pulitzer?

IMG_7956.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad photos of some cool stuff.
IMG_7968.jpeg
IMG_7976.jpeg
IMG_7977.jpeg
IMG_7970.jpeg
IMG_7971.jpeg
IMG_7973.jpeg
IMG_7974.jpeg
IMG_7975.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axejoh