• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gajsek

Reaction score
I'd need a bit of group knowledge - found these shoes on a website, they're Loakes, and seem to be exotic leather. Found info somewhere on the web, that Loake used to make camel shoes... Can this be it?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not here yet...but soon. Have to go back home to handle the paperwork. It's an '09, which was not a great year for the Corolla, but you won't hear me complain.

Bittersweet though. My grandmother has end stage congestive heart failure and had to go into assisted living. We wanted to help out, so we asked to be considered first if her car was going to be sold. Mom called the other day to say she and my uncle felt my grandmother would have wanted us to have it, and that she had more than enough money to cover the cost of her care.

A photo from my last visit. I may not get to see her again. :( I'm the oldest grandchild, we spent a LOT of time together. She took me out for lunch almost every Saturday growing up.

Firstly, sorry to hear your grandma

I asked about the year of the car because the 09 Corolla engine had a big recall on it due to oil consumption (I inherited a Matrix and just went through the whole process)
Check it out for your car if it hasn't been addressed yet

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of skis for £5 on Saturday. Cheap enough not to care, though any info would be good.

EA466500-1FB5-45EB-A455-0A9CBFB47147.jpeg
75D10180-AA21-422C-AE75-276FEF0DE9E5.jpeg
710611A9-3BBB-4C25-8924-5AD413166F47.jpeg

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Firstly, sorry to hear your grandma

I asked about the year of the car because the 09 Corolla engine had a big recall on it due to oil consumption (I inherited a Matrix and just went through the whole process)
Check it out for your car if it hasn't been addressed yet
Yeah. I know. It’s basically the same condition we just went through with my wife’s car RIP. Most likely, our plan will be to drive it for a year, save some $, and trade it in. This could potentially be our 4th vehicle in a row with oil consumption issues. Just beginning to think no one makes a decent engine these days.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toyota gave me all new pistons and basically rebuilt my engine.
Your milage is low enough that you should still be covered by the warranty.
If you want to go down that path, they might fix yours
We’ll see when it gets here. Mom says my grandmother had all the recalls done, but I don’t yet know which ones it had. I decided not to ask too many questions, as I didn’t want to seem unappreciative. Fingers Crossed.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...I had an 2009 Pontiac Vibe...don't recall a recall ...was a good car.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Purplelabel The skis you want will look more like the ones here:
clone.jpg

Many years ago ski designs went away from the narrow/pointed ends like you have, and more toward this wider/round end. Also, the material in the skis themselves has improved immensely in the past 2 decades.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Purplelabel The skis you want will look more like the ones here:
View attachment 1011390

Many years ago ski designs went away from the narrow/pointed ends like you have, and more toward this wider/round end. Also, the material in the skis themselves has improved immensely in the past 2 decades.

Interesting to know! At least I’ve owned a pair of skis now, so I’ll flog them to the junk shop in town for £20 :smile:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads