• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

benhour

Reaction score
yes it is!!!
nod[1].gif
most likely the brown have been shaken

cebootz

Reaction score
Hello all! Thanks for checking out my post.

These are my all time favorite boots. Bally, made in Italy, tanker-style, with a more refined look. Got them on eBay, very lightly used for a great price. But over time it's looking like the uppers are separating from the soles, right around the waist area. Weird thing is, this is happening at the same exact spot on both boots, which makes me wonder if that's just how they've broken in? Anyway my main concern is whether or not these are Goodyear welted or if they can be resoled if needed. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks so much :)

benhour

Reaction score
Hello all! Thanks for checking out my post.

These are my all time favorite boots. Bally, made in Italy, tanker-style, with a more refined look. Got them on eBay, very lightly used for a great price. But over time it's looking like the uppers are separating from the soles, right around the waist area. Weird thing is, this is happening at the same exact spot on both boots, which makes me wonder if that's just how they've broken in? Anyway my main concern is whether or not these are Goodyear welted or if they can be resoled if needed. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks so much
smile.gif
The shoes are cemented ( the welt here is just for decorating reason)! A good cobbler ll be able to resole them if needed quit easily !

In your case you just need to glue them back down!! Nothing major to consider about !!

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoes are cemented ( the welt here is just  for decorating reason)! A good cobbler ll be able to resole them if needed quit easily ! 

In your case you just need to glue them back down!! Nothing major to consider about !!

Bally have fallen to glued products? Kind of hard to believe

benhour

Reaction score
Bally have fallen to glued products? Kind of hard to believe
i am not referring to Bally products in general but at the specific pair!! in that pair the sole is cemented on the upper!

Last edited:

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am not referring to Bally products in general but at the specific pair!! in that pair the sole is cemented on the upper!

you are right we should refer to the shoes pictured here, now that I can see the pictures properly, I can see that the stitches on the welt(connecting the welt/middle sole to outer sole), but I can't really tell from the pictures above if this is a goodyear/blake-rapid construction or glued product, here are several scenarios I can think of:

1, Is the upper completely seperated from the sole? if yes, than maybe it's glued (re-glue it then) or a machine GY-welted which the cement canvas part connecting the welt and the insole have failed(can be resoled).

2, if the upper is still attached to the sole by stitches you can't see from the outside(only the outer rim of the upper is seperated), you can check the insoles for stitches, if you see stitches penetrating the insole, than it may be blake/rapid construction(see pic below), resoling a blake-rapid shoe may be troublesome for local cobblers, and I don't know if it is necessary.

3, if you can't find this stitches, well you may still need to find a cobbler and see what he can do.

@ceboots, my 2 cents.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are there stitches in the welt, or is it decorative? I have had this happen with blake rapid shoes. Nick at B Nelson fixed it.

garland

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members