• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More tapered from knee down, didn't think that was possible, especially given how tight slim fit already is

Reaction score
My tailor says he can fix it for 40. Great but my sa told me 3 jackets were all returned for the same issue so I asked of they could do it. They declined and I can't understand how they would turn that down not thinking of the amount I have spent over the past month. Not good customer service at all.

Can you fit your hands into the hand warmer pockets?

Btw I bought a marshall flight jacket and it was a defect too. The triangles were uneven. Yes the back is a defect. Reminds me of the hiker parka i got from Gant. The back pops out because of the air in the quilt lining though the cause of this is different. 

pvoytko

Reaction score

My tailor says he can fix it for 40. Great but my sa told me 3 jackets were all returned for the same issue so I asked of they could do it. They declined and I can't understand how they would turn that down not thinking of the amount I have spent over the past month. Not good customer service at all.

Thats kind of messed up. My lining is bunching up at the bottom but hasnt created that under lip yet. The only silver lining to your situation is that you paid sale price (if you paid what i paid then it was a crazy deal).

Reaction score
Yea was a good price but I spent a great amount of money on rrl black label polo etc over the past month. 40 is nothing to them. I'm on the fence to figure out if I will fix it.

I'm sorry you have a similar situation.

Thats kind of messed up. My lining is bunching up at the bottom but hasnt created that under lip yet. The only silver lining to your situation is that you paid sale price (if you paid what i paid then it was a crazy deal).

indigoeagle

Reaction score
What? The pullover is sold out? 395? Who has that kind of money? lol.

I think with new additions to the site the sizes come to appear a bit later.
It was the same with the LE CPO jacket. It seemed sold out at first and a few days later sizes were avaiable.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
i saw that in store, but didnt try on

i like pullovers in the winter, but i would this this piece would be pretty impractical once it started getting warm ... i like it, but prolly wouldnt get as much wear. raw denim jacket seems more practical

Yes, quite thick fabric.
But beautiful item.

zkwas

Reaction score
Hello forumgoers,

I'm new to RRL and have a couple shirts but had never ordered pants before. I live in Kansas City, so there's nothing even remotely close where I can try things on, and I honestly had no idea about the sizing on pants, so I've had to return two pairs of pants. Truth be told, I bought those two pieces at MSRP as a splurge for getting into my top choice college, and may have foolishly not done the proper amount of research on the sizing.

Still, I received my favorite piece — Portland Work Jeans on sale, hell ya — yesterday. They are also too large by probably 2-3 inches, and while I run the risk of sounding like the dilettante denim buyer I am, is there any way I can shrink those down or should I just cut my losses and return them?

As a side note, I asked the polo assistance people if they had smaller sizes in stores or anything, and they said no but sent my a different pair of jeans at $600 I should check out; nah, I'll pass.

boxdok

Reaction score
If I were you I would try to stick to slim fit when buying jeans. All there straight leg items are always huge. The only way I would recommend straight leg if you were a big dude. All there stuff is sanforized so there will be very little shrinkage. Return the jeans. Like 95 percent of RRL stuff goes on sale. I Have been buying RRL consistently for 5 years and I have never paid MSRP. Sales are way too frequent to pay MSRP

zkwas

Reaction score
If I were you I would try to stick to slim fit when buying jeans. All there straight leg items are always huge. The only way I would recommend straight leg if you were a big dude. All there stuff is sanforized so there will be very little shrinkage. Return the jeans. Like 95 percent of RRL stuff goes on sale. I Have been buying RRL consistently for 5 years and I have never paid MSRP. Sales are way too frequent to pay MSRP
Well, that's a bummer cause I love that style and RRL doesn't seem to have too much similar to it that's less than $500, but I guess it's a lost cause. Ya, I returned both the full priced items as well, so I'll probably turn some of that cash around to the current sales rack and pocket the rest.

Anyone have experience with the 1922 Buckled-back jeans or the slim straight selvedge jean in black?

AidanSSK

Reaction score
I don't know other forum member's experiences, but I went to the "Flagship" Madison Avenue Ralph Lauren store, because I didn't have time to go to the other physical RRL stores, today, and the service and selection were terrible on just about everything (Maybe not terrible but severely limited at the very least). The only 'special' item I saw was the dual tone varsity jacket, which they only had one in stock (a small I believe). The salespeople were just plain rude and only looked up from their phones when they were answering a question (in a snotty tone no less). I'm not a rude person, and I treat everyone with as much respect as I would want myself, and it was a shock to be treated like that in the "Flagship" store. I have a pretty thick skin, but I refuse to treated in an obnoxious manner and expected to spend any amount of money. Rant over, hopefully that doesn't sound too whiny.

Also, if anyone is in NYC, I got a $500 cashmere sweater for under $40 and change at the 711 5th Ave Polo store

Last edited:

walds11

Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't know other forum member's experiences, but I went to the "Flagship" Madison Avenue Ralph Lauren store, because I didn't have time to go to the other physical RRL stores, today, and the service and selection were terrible on just about everything (Maybe not terrible but severely limited at the very least). The only 'special' item I saw was the dual tone varsity jacket, which they only had one in stock (a small I believe). The salespeople were just plain rude and only looked up from their phones when they were answering a question (in a snotty tone no less). I'm not a rude person, and I treat everyone with as much respect as I would want myself, and it was a shock to be treated like that in the "Flagship" store. I have a pretty thick skin, but I refuse to treated in an obnoxious manner and expected to spend any amount of money. Rant over, hopefully that doesn't sound too whiny. 

Also, if anyone is in NYC, I got a $500 cashmere sweater for under $40 and change at the 711 5th Ave Polo store 

if you want RRL stuff, go to west broadway store. Mansion is good for Purple/Black label. My experience with Mansion has been good though I think there are a few who I can see might be a bit "snobbish"

White Lotus

Reaction score
Why do you guys get upset about snobbish employees? I don't give a **** about snobbish people and I usually don't seek help when i enter into these types of stores. I know what I am looking for. I purchase the item & I'm out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads