• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zennypoo

Reaction score

I don't know about the current Clyde's but the previous ones (brown duck, dark grey) all fit very similar to the Officer Chinos IMO.

Huh, odd.
Is it just that there's no selvedge ID (e.g., red line), or is it truly non-selvedge (overlock stitching)?
I have the rigid indigo ones from a couple seasons ago, and I'd say they're a little more straight-legged and have more room in the seat relative to officer chinos of the same size. Sizing is the same, though.

I have them..they're selvedge, they just don't have the ID line. and for those asking, I have the same size in my officer chino's and they fit the same in the waist and seat, and are just SLIGHTLY slimmer through the leg. I prefer the angled pockets on the slim fits, but do miss the stiching.

Thanks for the reply guys, I really appreciate it. Will probably get the Brown Clyde as well then. I agree, the newer pants probably just don't have a selvedge line, the fabric is probably still selvedge. Fabric felt the same from last year. Will post pictures when the new sizes arrive.

-D

ispace

Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of the new brown Clyde selvedge line?

walds11

Reaction score

Has anyone seen these in person? Are they American or Japanese selvedge?

They are labeled as "Imported fabric" but then again so are the rigid which are now American.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54992966

I'd like to know as well. I ordered a pair of Low Straight Dark-Wash denims. Same deal made in the USA from imported fabrics. This will be my first pair of RRL jeans. Totally looking forward to it! Can we assume that it's Japanese selvedge denim since the fabrics are imported? Here is an old article that may be of interest...

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/12/the-rrl-rundown-what-you-need-to-know/

It states..."Each pair of RRL denim is constructed of Cone Mills selvedge denim that was developed exclusively for the brand that ranges in weight from 11.5 Oz. to 15.5 Oz."

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
I'm having an interesting issue with my officer chinos. I've had them about a year now and they've stretched from a 32 to a 34 and the seat/butt area looks huuuuge and just looks like it pops out when I'm standing straight up. is this an easy fix for a tailor to bring in the seat?

oynag

Reaction score
Yes- I had a similar situation with my officer chinos. I had to buy them big in the waist to accommodate for thighs, so I had my tailor bring in the waist. Because of the weight and thickness of the material, this caused serious diaper butt, so she then took in the seat and the crotch and now they're just right.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Most of the trousers are busted-seam construction, so it's relatively easy to tweak the fit through the waist and seat. I had the seat of both a pair of officer chinos and a pair of clydes taken in to address the same issue.

Last edited:

oceansaway

Reaction score
It's kind of strange how descriptions and details morph from catalog to online. In the catalog, the Quinn Jacket was described as based on an Ike Jacket, with a trim, short fit. Online, it's dubbed a Moto Jacket, and there's no mention of Ike or trim, short fits. This seems to happen with a lot of RRL items. RRL online, moreover, never gives descriptions about how jackets fit, even when those descriptions are given in the catalog. They provide it for bottoms, but not tops.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=56444226

boxdok

Reaction score
Has anyone seen these in person? Are they American or Japanese selvedge?

They are labeled as "Imported fabric" but then again so are the rigid which are now American.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54992966

I have seen them in store. They are grey with a bluish tint to them. They are nice mid weight jean, im guessing around 14oz, made of raw Japanese selvedge. i definitely plan on scooping these up when the first sale hits. Imo they are nice spring, early summer jean. Also, I'm kind of surprised they retail for 300 as opposed to the normal 340 for Japanese Raw. They should break in nicely, doubt you will get any ridiculous fades though.

boxdok

Reaction score
I just scooped these low straight for 87 bucks. It's Not my favorite wash or fit.For 87 bucks i couldn't pass up a heavy weight pair of washed Japanese selvedge jeans.

walds11

Reaction score

I just scooped these low straight for 87 bucks. It's Not my favorite wash or fit.For 87 bucks i couldn't pass up a heavy weight pair of washed Japanese selvedge jeans.
Nice pickup! I prefer light to medium weight jeans. I may pick up a pair of Low Straight Dark-Wash jeans that I referenced in my post above.

Reaction score
Marshall jacket came in. Wow so warm and love the style. Price was terrific with the sale from my SA. However one annoying thing. The bottom of the back hangs out. I don't know if I will live with this or return.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads