• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

White Lotus

Reaction score

Theyll be in the US store eventually for probably 60-70% of the HK price i bet. They just havent been delivered yet. They arent an Asia-exclusive item like some of the new Norfolk Sneakers
lol there r alot of impatient compulsive buyers here. Btw japan site has rawlins jacket but rest assured, they'll all be on the US site soon.

Lord Nick

Reaction score

zennypoo

Reaction score

Yet they're still listed as selvedge on the site.

Can confirm, new chinos (olive Officers and British khaki Slim fit) no longer have a selvedge line. They are also missing the front pocket stitching and pocket text that describes the fabric. I compared to my pair of 2014 twill seldvege chinos, the fabric seem identical.

In another story, ridge slim tag 32 back rise measured 14 inches, tagged 33 measured 15 inches. A pretty big jump in one tagged size!

-D

AidanSSK

Reaction score
Tried to jump on a gray RRL work shirt that hit the sale section, wouldn't let me add to cart. Great prices, the sizing seems to be a little inconsistent between shirts though, which kinda sucks (neck too tight like previously mentioned, or really loose under armpits/side in general). I guess I need to go to NYC and buy in bulk

Lord Nick

Reaction score

Can confirm, new chinos (olive Officers and British khaki Slim fit) no longer have a selvedge line. They are also missing the front pocket stitching and pocket text that describes the fabric. I compared to my pair of 2014 twill seldvege chinos, the fabric seem identical.

In another story, ridge slim tag 32 back rise measured 14 inches, tagged 33 measured 15 inches. A pretty big jump in one tagged size!

-D

Just because it doesn't have a colored selvedge line doesn't mean it isn't selvedge, I have several pairs of pants that are selvedge and have a matching color selvedge. Any pics of the seam?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the old selvedge officer's chinos in 32x34, planning to have them taken in an inch in the waist. My pair in 30x34 are great in the waist, post stretching, but damn slim in the thighs. I'll have to watch Ebay like a hawk to see if a pair in 31x34 ever pop up. I think that would be my ideal size...

zennypoo

Reaction score

Just because it doesn't have a colored selvedge line doesn't mean it isn't selvedge, I have several pairs of pants that are selvedge and have a matching color selvedge. Any pics of the seam?

Good point and true, unfortunately I sent them back already due to sizing. Will post pics once the new ones come in.

Anyone know if the selvedge Clydes pants have a similar fit as officers chinos?

-D

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Good point and true, unfortunately I sent them back already due to sizing. Will post pics once the new ones come in.

-D

I don't know about the current Clyde's but the previous ones (brown duck, dark grey) all fit very similar to the Officer Chinos IMO.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Only one back pocket flap, no front pocket stitching, and supposedly slimmer fit. :(

Huh, odd.

-D

Is it just that there's no selvedge ID (e.g., red line), or is it truly non-selvedge (overlock stitching)?

-D

I have the rigid indigo ones from a couple seasons ago, and I'd say they're a little more straight-legged and have more room in the seat relative to officer chinos of the same size. Sizing is the same, though.

ImBurningStarIV

Reaction score

Is it just that there's no selvedge ID (e.g., red line), or is it truly non-selvedge (overlock stitching)?

I have them..they're selvedge, they just don't have the ID line. and for those asking, I have the same size in my officer chino's and they fit the same in the waist and seat, and are just SLIGHTLY slimmer through the leg. I prefer the angled pockets on the slim fits, but do miss the stiching.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads