• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**The Official P90X Thread**

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

before

714.jpg

after 10 days

C360_2011-08-1600-10-07b.jpg

I'm 40 years old

I mean this is in the nicest possible way but **** you.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 days? Wow. That degree of change took me 90 days and I still don't have very good abs definition.

Last edited:

oaw01

Reaction score
I was working out about 3 days a week with no real routine and some coworkers were talking about P90X and Insanity so I decided to give it a try. The circuit training, HIIT stuff burns alot of calories.

I stopped the starbucks, coca cola, m&ms, and any **** junk food. I'm doing P90X and Insanity. I lost 3 inches off the waist in about 2 weeks. I did this **** non stop for 25 days with about one rest day. Currently, I'm taking a rest week because all of my old ass joints are ******* hurting.

Last edited:

oaw01

Reaction score
Nope, the pics above were 10 days. I think it was the weight loss from the insanity workouts more than P90X.

edit: Just finished the P90X Chest and Back. I should have waited 2 more days before starting up again. I had a decent workout but everything seems harder now.

I believe it's safe to assume "10 days" is a typo.

Last edited:

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is it true the greatest results are during phase 3? Or has teambeach body pulled the most elaborate scam ever?

On day 18? Stomach area is still skinnyfat, but I think i'm loosing fat off the chest area-- pretty happy it appears I don't have a hormonal issue. I'm avoiding weekly weighing, measuring and photos because I can get pretty hung up on such ****. I suppose next time I do p90x (2nd trial) I'll pay more attention to such stuff. As for diet, I've elimated nearly all sweets/junk food (my anxiety made me a near complusive/binge eater on occasion) with the exception of a boba tea once a week and iced coffee every other day (sweetened with stevia).

Erenoth

Reaction score
Finishing up day six today, and I've been pondering something since day 3.

What's the consensus on resistance bands? As of now, my only free weights are dumbbells from 5 -> 22.5lbs/arm, and I can see myself graduating out of these next week at the latest. Can you achieve the same amount of muscle growth (size, as tone is supposedly very doable with bands) with bands? Would a set of "strong man" 254lb bodylastics bands provide difficulty for the full 90 days and beyond, or should I invest in an even more powerful set?

$100 is much more attractive to me for a set of lightweight bands, than $350+ for 50lb adjustable dumbbells that will cost more to move in the coming months than they're worth.

Chris

oaw01

Reaction score

What's the consensus on resistance bands? As of now, my only free weights are dumbbells from 5 -> 22.5lbs/arm, and I can see myself graduating out of these next week at the latest. Can you achieve the same amount of muscle growth (size, as tone is supposedly very doable with bands) with bands? Would a set of "strong man" 254lb bodylastics bands provide difficulty for the full 90 days and beyond, or should I invest in an even more powerful set?

$100 is much more attractive to me for a set of lightweight bands, than $350+ for 50lb adjustable dumbbells that will cost more to move in the coming months than they're worth.

Chris

I bought these from sports authority for $299
http://www.amazon.com/Weider-100-Po...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1315003168&sr=1-1

bjornb17

Reaction score
Half way through second round of p90x and have lost of 30 lbs. Weight loss had been very slow, but in the second month of the second time doing it, weight just suddenly started dropping extremely quickly! Just 11 more lbs to go.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chris

bodylastics are very good as each band is labeled with a corresponding weight equivalent. Order an extra black or orange band for heavy duty resistance, look on the bottom of the page for a deal on orange bands http://www.bodylastics.com/allproducts/ .

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

dannyg1000

Reaction score
starting back and biceps in week five today. I've been doing Ab Ripper X before the workout so I can be as intense with it as I can. Also, I feel its a great warm up so I can skip the warm up section on the actual workout dvd and go right to the stretching. Save 5 to 7 mins that way.

I've also been using this site to help track my calories. http://www.myfitnesspal.com Its really easy to enter in the food but the workouts I kinda have to fudge. Mostly I just enter "push-up, sit-ups ( vigorous) which seem about right.

I'm 5'10" and I started at about 165 and I've lost about 10 lbs so far.

Also, check it

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x2-workout-the-next-p90x.do

Last edited:

Erenoth

Reaction score

starting back and biceps in week five today. I've been doing Ab Ripper X before the workout so I can be as intense with it as I can. Also, I feel its a great warm up so I can skip the warm up section on the actual workout dvd and go right to the stretching. Save 5 to 7 mins that way.

I've also been using this site to help track my calories. http://www.myfitnesspal.com Its really easy to enter in the food but the workouts I kinda have to fudge. Mostly I just enter "push-up, sit-ups ( vigorous) which seem about right.

I'm 5'10" and I started at about 165 and I've lost about 10 lbs so far.

Also, check it

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x2-workout-the-next-p90x.do

Im the same height/weight as you, and have been using MFP for months as well. Although I'm sure you've heard this before- the best way to figure out your calorie burn is to wear a heart-rate monitor. Using Abs X might work as a "warmup", but I'd still implement a couple minutes of light stretching before the routine.

oaw01

Reaction score
I just did the cardio challenge from supreme 90 days. It's not a bad workout for $13.98. It's a wannabe P90X and Insanity. My legs are done from all the Insanity plyo jumping so I decided to try a different cardio routine. The supreme 90 cardio is a hit type cardio with 30 secs work and 30 secs rest for 30 minutes. It's as intense as you want to put into it however it's not as difficult as insanity.

http://www.target.com/p/Supreme-90-Day-Muscle-Building-System/-/A-13652016

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics