• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**The Official P90X Thread**

Reinhard00

Reaction score
I am on day 3 now. I am still so sore from the previous days exercises that I am not sure if I will be able to do it today. I applied electrical stimulation to my sore muscles and it helped a little. In an hour I am off to do my day 3 work out.

*Update*

I just finished the day 3 work out. The program for this day was not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm very pleased with how well the work outs are put together. They made it so that you are not using the same muscles over again so you can continue with the program without any problems.

The hardest thing for me now it seems is Ab ripper X. I have a genetic condition that does not allow me to be very flexible so I can't sit up at a 90 degree angle or lift my legs much which makes this very difficult for me.

Last edited:

Seanallen

Reaction score

I actually study natural health as a hobby. I formulated my own drink which is better than the p90x drink. The p90x recovery drink has a few things in It that I don't want to take
I ended up getting it with the dvds, I should have probably looked into it more haha. Fill me in on those things though, Im interested.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Started Insanity this week. Really haven't been to motivated to run lately and decided that I needed to switch it up. I consider myself to be pretty well in shape as far as my cardio goes. I run about 30 miles a week without many issues. Insanity is really pushing my limits, I haven't had this much sweat come off my body during a workout in years it seems. My legs are pretty sore but the warm up is great for loosening up. Think I am going to do p90x when I get done with this since I have it sitting on a shelf.

Also Romeo, are those final pictures where you are at now or is that on day 66 when you stopped? Those results are impressive.

Erenoth

Reaction score

This is an honest question and not meant to be antagonistic -- How on earth are you consuming 230g of protein while having trouble reaching 2200 calories?

Are you consuming enough real food?

I limit myself to a maximum of 4 scoops (96grams) of protein powder every day, with most days being only three shakes. So yes, I consume plenty of solid foods. The past few days, I've been stuffing myself with carbs and some protein until mid-day, where I switch to proteins. Fill myself up preworkout, and eat a smallish dinner consisting of meat and vegetables, as I've been accustomed to while cutting.

Reinhard00

Reaction score
I ended up getting it with the dvds, I should have probably looked into it more haha. Fill me in on those things though, Im interested.

I need to check the nutritional information again. I forget exactly what it was exactly that I did not like.

I tried day 4 Yoga X and could only make it through 30 mins of it. I'm still way too sore from the previous days to continue beyond that. The Yoga X has been the hardest one for me so far since genetic inflexibility runs in my family.

*Update*

I checked the nutrition facts and it hard sugars that are bad for you. Many people can't handle processed sugars; especially those with diabetes. I use Natures Plus Shake in place of the recovery drink.

Last edited:

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm digging this lower abs exercise. It's effective and doesn't strain your lower back.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

brokentelephone

Reaction score
Is there something Christian about P90X? I only ask because every single video I watched on youtube of body transformations (well, watched meaning jumping forward in 5 minute increments -- why the **** are they so long?) had some reference to the bible.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there something Christian about P90X? I only ask because every single video I watched on youtube of body transformations (well, watched meaning jumping forward in 5 minute increments -- why the **** are they so long?) had some reference to the bible.

huh?
never noticed...
can you name some examples?

upsilon905

Reaction score
Lol no, nothing Christian... but they're so long because the basis of P90X is to keep yourself moving (and therefore keep your heart rate up) whilst working different muscle groups in short increments so that you can get a longer workout at the same intensity level. The 5 minute videos usually show different muscle groups being used, which would mean several different exercises.

brokentelephone

Reaction score
No not the videos themselves but the youtube transformation videos seemed Christian. I realize that was a pretty dumb comment but hey why not?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No not the videos themselves but the youtube transformation videos seemed Christian. I realize that was a pretty dumb comment but hey why not?

Because Xtians need to get in shape as well? Sloth and Gluttony - Seven Deadly Sins stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads