• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

DTOB

Reaction score
Received my double breasted gabardine classic blazer today. Really happy with it. The gabardine is nice and heavy. Also the armholes are cut a little more generously than my SLP jacket so not having weird shoulder divots like I do with that jacket. Attached a photo of what I mean. Haven’t taken any fit pics as blazer just arrived early this morning and I’m not presentable yet. Debating purchasing a single breasted suit in the same fit now…

Attachments

• IMG_7125.jpeg
    IMG_7125.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 682

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Did celine discontinued suede drugstore chelsea?
beacause I only see the leather version of drugstore on the website
I haven't seen this available for the past few seasons in the US.

Received my double breasted gabardine classic blazer today. Really happy with it. The gabardine is nice and heavy. Also the armholes are cut a little more generously than my SLP jacket so not having weird shoulder divots like I do with that jacket. Attached a photo of what I mean. Haven’t taken any fit pics as blazer just arrived early this morning and I’m not presentable yet. Debating purchasing a single breasted suit in the same fit now…
What size did you get for the jacket? I've gone with a 48/M for most of my Celine items - a Prince of Wales jacket from SS20, my teddy, my bomber - but I tried on a recent "classic" jacket in a 48 and it felt more roomy than my other items. I also bought the waistcoat from FW23 in a 48 a while ago and have recently been thinking it looks a bit big on me too. I'll probably just buy the jacket I linked both in a 48 and a 46 and then keep whatever fits me better, but for the waistcoat might have to consider or look into if a tailor could take it in at all.

With being in between the two sizes I've been wondering if I'm closer to a true 46 than a true 48, but have gotten away with wearing 48s in my jackets since they're from earlier seasons and therefore more slim cut.

Anyone else with Celine jackets find they're in between the two sizes, and do people tend to size up or down? I guess it might be an easy answer that I should stay with a 48 if my shoulders don't fit the 46, even if my chest size might be better suited for it.

DTOB

Reaction score
I haven't seen this available for the past few seasons in the US.

What size did you get for the jacket? I've gone with a 48/M for most of my Celine items - a Prince of Wales jacket from SS20, my teddy, my bomber - but I tried on a recent "classic" jacket in a 48 and it felt more roomy than my other items. I also bought the waistcoat from FW23 in a 48 a while ago and have recently been thinking it looks a bit big on me too. I'll probably just buy the jacket I linked both in a 48 and a 46 and then keep whatever fits me better, but for the waistcoat might have to consider or look into if a tailor could take it in at all.

With being in between the two sizes I've been wondering if I'm closer to a true 46 than a true 48, but have gotten away with wearing 48s in my jackets since they're from earlier seasons and therefore more slim cut.

Anyone else with Celine jackets find they're in between the two sizes, and do people tend to size up or down? I guess it might be an easy answer that I should stay with a 48 if my shoulders don't fit the 46, even if my chest size might be better suited for it.
Yeah not available here either by the looks of it. I purchased it on grailed. Managed to get it for like 60% off retail and couldn't pass up the bargain.

I went with a 46/S, which is what I'd also take in a Celine corduroy teddy for a slim fit, also take a 46 in SLP L01 and a 44 in SLP Classic Teddy (prefer the teddy to fit slim instead of boxy).

Hard to know without seeing fit pics on you, but generally speaking with tailoring it's best to take whatever size fits your shoulders best, as the rest can always be tailored. This is my first experience with Celine tailoring. I had tried this blazer on last year in the London store and loved it so when it popped up on grailed I jumped at it. I also tried on a similar blazer in rectangle fit that day too and hated it. I'm 5'8 so it swamped me and made me look like I was wearing my dad's blazer that was too large. The classic fit is surprisingly slim. Or as scrubbydoo said a few pages ago could just e the slim arms and high armholes that make it feel slimmer than it actually is. I'll follow up with a fit pic later today/tomorrow after work.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DTOB that jacket looks great. What a classic timeless piece. Fit is spot on too.

I agree the classic cut is the way to go with Celine and way more forgiving less constrictive than the SLP cut.

I always wear my size in Celine but would consider sizing down if they made 42. Not sure though as I enjoy a touch of space and drape. The other loose cut they have looks insanely bad on me. I’m unsure who can look good in it.

DTOB

Reaction score
Here’s a fit pic of the new Celine jacket. Very happy. Forgive the state of the room and whatever the hell appears to be on the mirror.

Will most likely have the arms shortened half an inch or so just to show some cuff and better match the other suit I have. Also wondering if the sleeve opening should be tapered just a pinch? Would love peoples opinions. Mainly planning to wear this casually with jeans, but the fabric also seems to closely match the SLP Gabardine so can probably get away with mixing and matching the suit too (until I can find some trousers).

Attachments

• IMG_7126.jpeg
    IMG_7126.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I always have my jackets taken up a touch from the shoulder, not the sleeve. This preserves the designer's intended flow or cut. If you reduce the length from the bottom of the sleeve it'll throw off the proportions of the buttons and in terms of tapering the sleeve opening I wouldn't worry about that. Probably overkill, it looks good as is and the tiny bit of flair is part of the appeal.

youwhat

Reaction score
Did celine discontinued suede drugstore chelsea?
beacause I only see the leather version of drugstore on the website

they only did the shorter heel version in tan suede for a season didnt they?
mr porter had them.

w358_q60.jpg

do you mean those or camargue?

DTOB

Reaction score
Yes, I always have my jackets taken up a touch from the shoulder, not the sleeve. This preserves the designer's intended flow or cut. If you reduce the length from the bottom of the sleeve it'll throw off the proportions of the buttons and in terms of tapering the sleeve opening I wouldn't worry about that. Probably overkill, it looks good as is and the tiny bit of flair is part of the appeal.
Agree! I plan on having it taken up at the shoulder, and may also have the button holes made functional. You’re right, the tapering is probably too much! Appreciate the feedback!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, always have those button holes made functional, the surgeon's cuffs. They look cool if they leave the last button closest to the wrist unbuttoned. 50% of the time the tailor will forget though, so may need to prod the SA to give the tailor a reminder.

DTOB

Reaction score
Blazer is with the tailor. Should have it back around March 5th so will update you all. Having the sleeves shortened about an inch (from the shoulder), having surgeon's cuffs made functional and also having her remove all buttons and re-hand sew them, as the the machine stitching on the front 6 buttons sucked. Anyone else have issues with loose threads on their buttons? (Pedantic I know...)

Sebastian-

Reaction score
Does anybody know the recent sizing of the leather jeans( waist wise)? I have a 26‘ waist and got a bad feeling that the 44 would be too big

shibafku

Reaction score
Apologies in advance, but was looking for daily alternatives -- what's everyone thoughts on Acne North jeans for the more classic slim look?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads