• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

slpldr

Reaction score
We wear the same size. Think you're also 5'8" right? You look so much taller, is the mirror angled or do I just weight like an extra 10-20lbs? Also those Isaacs look great on you! How do you find them comfort wise?
I'm 5'9'' and was wondering which size in shirts I should take - 38 or 37.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
We wear the same size. Think you're also 5'8" right? You look so much taller, is the mirror angled or do I just weigh like an extra 10-20lbs? Also those Isaacs look great on you! How do you find them comfort wise?
I get that a lot, my legs are somewhat long & im pretty thin so I look taller in pictures unless I’m standing next to someone 😭. It’s also a cheap mirror I got from target so maybe it distorts me a bit. I’m 5’9~10ish, 130lb as of yesterday. I wouldn’t call the Isaac’s comfortable at all but nothing I couldn’t handle for a few hours. It was also my first time wearing them so they’ll probably become more comfortable as my foot settles in.

Akephalos

Reaction score
I prefer not to have any obvious branding incorporated into my wardrobe. It's not a typical item they've slapped it on before and the sample they're showing on the website and Mr Porter doesn't have it.
I mean I can think of at least two Slimane boots that have logos on the heel just off the top of my head: VOTC biker boots from Dior Homme and Rangers from Celine FW19, both of which are pretty universally liked.

slpldr

Reaction score
Guys, need an advice. Do Jacno derbies run big? My feet are 26cm/wide, and Wyatt 41 are perfect, Camargue 41 feels a bit loose, like 1/4 or 1/3 EU size big, but narrow, how Jacno fits?

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
I mean I can think of at least two Slimane boots that have logos on the heel just off the top of my head: VOTC biker boots from Dior Homme and Rangers from Celine FW19, both of which are pretty universally liked.
I’m very anti logo but to me that Celine isn’t invasive or disrupting of the design at all, it’s embossed pretty small & pants will be covering it anyways.
Navigate’s also have a logo on the pull tab.

Attachments

• IMG_4376.jpeg
    IMG_4376.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 357

slpldr

Reaction score
I mean its like a demi-couture piece so it doesn't seem that surprising that the price is as ridiculous as it is. This feels like the type of things that would normally be mto/couture.
yeah I see, but what is couture about this piece?

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
Maybe not a couture piece in the traditional bespoke sense but being that it’s made in France and a bow like that is somewhat intricate I’m assuming it’s made by Celine’s couture atelier rather than their traditional factories, which is why they put couture in the description of the item.

silentownage001

Reaction score
The main thing I like about Hedi is the compatibility of his items throughout all the fashion houses he's designed at plus how easy it is to pair with almost every other brand as well. I've never cared for sneakers bar Hedi's sl37H and use them on occasion. Although Hedi's boots are the sleekest, I don't mind wearing boots from other companies like To boot New York, Varvatos, FTF, or common projects since I like the change of silhouettes.

Curious which models from the listed brands you've tried. Every once in a while I think about trying the To Boot chelsea that looks like the Wyatt. I also toy with the CP chelseas with the crepe sole like once or twice a year, but I could get the New Republic knockoffs for way less and they look pretty identical. Although, the big thing for me is how skinny jeans fit over the shaft. And sometimes Varvatos seems to have some decent options to mix things up. At this point I just always go back to the Wyatts since I have a few and know what I'm getting.

widone

Reaction score
Did celine discontinued suede drugstore chelsea?
beacause I only see the leather version of drugstore on the website

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member