• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kumquatisback

Reaction score
I was in the Paris main store. Sadly the brown leather jacket is off in both design and colour. It´s not just cool. No other things made me crave. It´s a middle collection, between the lost ones and whats probably going to be classic Hedi next.
i think his best days are behind him and that's not to be insulting. he's had a remarkable career. But it's not like it used to be.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm just going to state the question that all of us are wanting the answer for: does anyone know when the next drop is?

JESUISSAINT

Reaction score
July 2nd : Delusional Daydream runway (edit : Cancelled)
July 14th : Wiltern runway pieces
July 27th-28th : Palace
August 25th : Palace G3 + Wiltern Capsule
October 13th : Palace G4 + Palace Capsule
November 25 : Palace G5

Full timeline for Wiltern/Palace collection atm
Could change in the future

Ok, I'm just going to state the question that all of us are wanting the answer for: does anyone know when the next drop is?
Coming week apparently

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm pretty close to buying a pair of boots, but I just can't justify another pair of black calf ones, and the cognac ones look too orange on my monitor. If they were red I'd be all over them, since I'm pretty sure I've wanted red boots since I saw buffalo 66 as a teenager

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somewhat tangential note - does anyone wear 41 in Celine/Saint Laurent footwear?

I’m trimming the collection and my feet embarrassingly seems bit wider than a few years ago!!

Anyway I have five pairs of sneakers (two Celine lows two kids and one SLP low) that I’ll try to sell in bulk to save me time and at a low price. They all are extremely lightly worn like once or twice. I have a lot of shoes.

Feel free to DM if any interest before I post it elsewhere.

rippedbluejeans

Reaction score
How do the loose shirts fit? Are they actually loose-fit or what’s up?

Beautiful shirt but nothing 'loose' about it lol - it's literally slim fit. I returned as I couldn't have a 42 which is my go-to size in the Celine printed resort shirts and which do indeed fit 'loose'.

rippedbluejeans

Reaction score
Somewhat tangential note - does anyone wear 41 in Celine/Saint Laurent footwear?

I’m trimming the collection and my feet embarrassingly seems bit wider than a few years ago!!

Anyway I have five pairs of sneakers (two Celine lows two kids and one SLP low) that I’ll try to sell in bulk to save me time and at a low price. They all are extremely lightly worn like once or twice. I have a lot of shoes.

Feel free to DM if any interest before I post it elsewhere.

Apologies @SirGrotius not to derail your post but I'm wondering what the feeling is on the best place to resell Celine is? I have a couple of items I'd like to move on but I noticed resale prices seem somewhat low on places like eBay.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Resell value seems to be very low for Celine items (except for bags). You cannot expect to get more than 30% of the initial price.
A lot of the hats/caps/belts/tshirts/shirts offered on site like eBay or Vinted are fake.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah anything I've sold has been at a significant loss. Saint Laurent doesn't sell that well anymore either.

Sirgrotius I've had the same problem. I squashed my feet into 45 for years because it was the biggest available. Since I've been taking care of my feet they've opened up a lot but I can't fit in Celine 46 without my little toe getting crushed. I'm probably going to experiment with the Church's Amberley Chelsea as they look like they taper a little less.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Yeah, Celine items aren't like a pair of DRKSHDW Ramones that you can beat the hell out before listing them for retail and some 15 year old is gonna buy them anyways.

Celine is still incredibly popular, especially on Vestiaire Collective, so you'll have little trouble getting rid of your stuff. The problem is that retail prices are absurd so no one is willing to pay close to that second hand.

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
There’s no hype for the brand on the mens side so no resell value.
Clothing and shoes tend to resell pretty badly anyways (even bags unless its Hermes / Chanel or a crazy collab from years ago)

JESUISSAINT

Reaction score
I don’t really care about resell value. I buy stuff to wear it and not to resell it. And moreover, I don’t expect anyone to pay the original price or close to that after years of wearing it except if it’s unworn and with tags (and most of the time I managed to do that). And to be honest in my opinion it’s the same with all brands except leather goods and hyped brands (we are talking about prêt-à-porter not haute couture).
The demand for Celine is quite high (since Hedi is creative director he managed to increase revenue from 300 million to 2-3 billion according to Bernard Arnault at the shareholder meeting in Paris (fyi more than at Saint Laurent, where revenue went from 300 million to 1 billion during his time)). That’s what always made me laugh about people complaining on the design switch he made at Celine. Not many people were buying the Celine stuff before. And as long the money train is climbing upwards Bernard won’t have the incentive to change anything. And yeah some stuff at saint laurent I did like more but he was sticking to the brands design and wasn’t really experimenting. Now he’s doing it here and there sometimes on a mainstream level. And the quality is much better than at saint Laurent (imo).

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
Apologies @SirGrotius not to derail your post but I'm wondering what the feeling is on the best place to resell Celine is? I have a couple of items I'd like to move on but I noticed resale prices seem somewhat low on places like eBay.
I haven’t sold much Celine but the little I have was on grailed. eBay has tons of fakes and as a buyer it’s a bit harder to filter out. Not a big fan of grailed itself but it does get a lot of traffic & I’d say it’s the best place to sell Celine in general but outerwear/suits specifically appear to get the best prices there. Vestiaire has bad formatting imo and I’m not sure how much fees are but t-shirts, hoodies & jeans seem to consistently sell for higher prices from what I’ve seen.

What size are you? I’d at least be interested in hearing what you have.

Last edited:

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
In my experience grailed has been the best followed by the facebook celine buy/sell/trade group, and then ebay. My items get the most reach on grailed but they've recently made several negative changes to the platform which has made it pretty dead (at least for me). The BST group is the best as a seller since the only cuts that are taken from your profits are from PayPal for their invoice fee. I've never tried selling on any other platforms but my sales in general have slowed drastically, assumingly due to the summer and inflation/recession combo thats been going on in the States.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics