• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

slpldr

Reaction score
Can we get some pics??
Here. It looks fine with white turtleneck and boots, but on last 3 pics it looks odd, either bulky or very old-fashioned. Shoulders are quite big because of roping and shoulder pads, so the are slightly wider than my actual shoulders.

Armholes are rather small, but I can put a sweater in them comfortably, not like in SLP coats. If fits well on the chest, but sleeves themselves are quite loose.

IMG_7102.jpeg
Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 13.46.50.png
Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 13.46.25.png
IMG_7105.jpeg
Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 13.54.45.png
Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 13.55.32.png
Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 13.49.11.png
Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 13.51.54.png

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. re: sleeves, it's an overcoat, it's not supposed to be skin tight.
Yeah, I may be blind, but I think it looks damn near perfect. It definitely doesn't look as slim as the slp chesterfields, but I've come around to the belief that those are too slim (although I have one and wear it).

It's obviously personal preference, but I think that for double breasted overcoats, it's nice to have the option to layer them, since they're winter coats, and for fall weather you can rock your leather jackets/similar outerwear.

But to be clear, I get where you're coming from, with regard to being hyper-conscious of it being looser in certain areas, which if you're a hedi slimane diehard may be a new feeling.

slpldr

Reaction score
Yeah, I may be blind, but I think it looks damn near perfect. It definitely doesn't look as slim as the slp chesterfields, but I've come around to the belief that those are too slim (although I have one and wear it).

It's obviously personal preference, but I think that for double breasted overcoats, it's nice to have the option to layer them, since they're winter coats, and for fall weather you can rock your leather jackets/similar outerwear.

But to be clear, I get where you're coming from, with regard to being hyper-conscious of it being looser in certain areas, which if you're a hedi slimane diehard may be a new feeling.
When I'm wearing it with brighter turtlenecks, it looks absolutely perfect, but on last 3 pics ,where I wear it with the shirt/tie and black turtleneck, its suddenly looks super bug, and I cant figure why, is it because of the angle or color? Runway examples also have collar gaps, and necks appear small in respect to shoulders, but my impression is that on runway/campaign images this coat is even more oversized, while all guys on IG fit pics sized down/wore older smaller version.

I really didn't expect it to fit like AMI Paris straight fit non-oversized blazers/coats, and it feels and is sized similarly.

I personally like the material (wool gabardine) and overall quality/construction of Hedi's SLP coats, but don't like the fit and feel, they are just way too slim and narrow, I can't layer it at all, cant move in them, cant size up because than sleeves are way too long and they come-off stupid, they also look rather dated and Dior Homme-y, like its from 200x-something.

slpldr

Reaction score
Here are photos with how it fits with a white t-shirt and casual shirt:

Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 18.40.09.png
Снимок экрана 2024-09-27 в 18.44.28.png

I don't get Hedi vibe from it, I get Mickey Rourke from 9 1/2 weeks, not that its a bad, but not something that I expected.

FOEznNXXsAgjpGX.jpg

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
The one you bought from Mr Porter is the FW23 version from the Le Palace collection (item code 2M024998K), it is not the same as the FW19 one from the Youtube video (2M224905E).

The FW19 coat (wool felt btw, not cashmere) is cut for layering with suiting (almost all coats for the FW19 show were). As I don't really wear suiting with overcoats, sizing down on it provided me with a slimmer fit while still retaining some roominess. It's super long and drapes very nicely.

I tried that FW23 coat on and the cut is quite unflattering and nothing like the FW19 one. I can relate to the same issues you're citing (loose sleeves that are too long for a typical "Hedi" cut). I was actually shocked at how poor it fit, and sizing down wouldn't help in this case.

If you can, seek out the FW19 coat and go for a size down.

Last edited:

slpldr

Reaction score
The one you bought from Mr Porter is the FW23 version from the Le Palace collection (item code 2M024998K), it is not the same as the FW19 from the Youtube video (2M224905E).

The FW19 coat (wool felt btw, not cashmere) is cut layering with suiting (almost all coats for the FW19 show were). As I don't really wear suiting with overcoats, sizing down on it provided me with a slimmer fit while still retaining some roominess. It's super long and drapes very nicely.

I tried that FW23 coat on and the is cut quite unflattering and nothing like the FW19 one. I can relate to the same issues you're citing (loose sleeves that are too long for a typical "Hedi" cut). I was actually shocked at how poor it fit, and sizing down wouldn't help in this case.

If you can, seek out the FW19 coat and go for a size down.
Yes, the one I've bought is 2M024998K.38NO, however grey one is the same model 2M024 AFAIK. I would be happy is the coat was like half size smaller without loose sleeves. Primarily I want to wear it with a turtleneck, like on pictures, but with this particular one something is off, it doest sit right etc.

Last edited:

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
When I'm wearing it with brighter turtlenecks, it looks absolutely perfect, but on last 3 pics ,where I wear it with the shirt/tie and black turtleneck, its suddenly looks super bug, and I cant figure why, is it because of the angle or color? Runway examples also have collar gaps, and necks appear small in respect to shoulders, but my impression is that on runway/campaign images this coat is even more oversized, while all guys on IG fit pics sized down/wore older smaller version.

I really didn't expect it to fit like AMI Paris straight fit non-oversized blazers/coats, and it feels and is sized similarly.

I personally like the material (wool gabardine) and overall quality/construction of Hedi's SLP coats, but don't like the fit and feel, they are just way too slim and narrow, I can't layer it at all, cant move in them, cant size up because than sleeves are way too long and they come-off stupid, they also look rather dated and Dior Homme-y, like its from 200x-something.
Jumping on the “it fits!” train. I think it looks very balanced - slim without being too restrictive, can fit a suit jacket or blazer.

slpldr

Reaction score
tbh im looking to buy it for like next 3-5 years, regardless of how hedi-like it is. I've collected measurements across different people, including ones owning grey version, and it seems that mine is just exactly one size up from the original FW2019 2M02 coat, but cant pinpoint what is off. maybe its the material that comes off a loose, or a cut, why they would change the cut for the same model?

It kind of looks like it's a regular non-designer grandpas overcoat you get in a gentleman's store, and I am confused if it was an original intent or it's some problem with the production. I noticed loose sleeves throughout Celine campaigns on IG, especially among women ones.

Anyway, it's still kind of strange, I can pinch quite a lot of fabric around the waist with this coat. Its not supposed to fit like AMI know for loose and oversized fits, even if I wear a jacket underneath I still have loose fabric, its strange.

Anyway I've just tried it again and it's way too loose, like despite wearing all turtlenecks and so on, it's just too roomy for me, and the cut around the waist is unflattering. I'm also loosing weight ATM, so it would get worse.

Thanks everybody for your input!

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That looks great, unsuprispingly.

It seems like you're trying to hit that sweet spot between slim af slp and ami Paris. For me, from the pics you've posted, you look like you're pretty close to dead center, but it's hard to tell from a pic just posing in front of a mirror, like we said to dtob.

Obviously fit is a very personal thing, and if you're not 100% on it, I'd just do what jesuisjuis suggested and find a 2019 one and size down one. The problem is that this will probably entail buying on a secondhand market, where returns won't be an option.

By the way, I've always been in love with Hedi Slimane's overcoats. I think, next to leather jackets, it's what he does best (maybe slightly behind boots).

slpldr

Reaction score
^That looks great, unsuprispingly.

It seems like you're trying to hit that sweet spot between slim af slp and ami Paris. For me, from the pics you've posted, you look like you're pretty close to dead center, but it's hard to tell from a pic just posing in front of a mirror, like we said to dtob.

Obviously fit is a very personal thing, and if you're not 100% on it, I'd just do what jesuisjuis suggested and find a 2019 one and size down one. The problem is that this will probably entail buying on a secondhand market, where returns won't be an option.

By the way, I've always been in love with Hedi Slimane's overcoats. I think, next to leather jackets, it's what he does best (maybe slightly behind boots).
it looks ok on some photos but it person its very weird, with huge tube-like sleeves as if its a Balenciaga coat. I had similar problem with Vaccarello's L01 - YSL made it roomier with wides sleeves and without expanding shoulders, and now it looks like an egg, oddly bulky it all wrong places, as if its a knock-off of the original.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flores7miriam