• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Those boots need to be sized up at least one anyway, otherwise, the ball of the foot just falls in the wrong place.  I know that some people complain about the sides of Guidi boots/ shoes, and ime, it's because they are wearing a size lower than fits them.  If they have to stretch too much width-wise, the insole will never feel right on the foot

The inconsistent of Guidi sizing is a little irksome as well. I was so cocksure I was a 46 (unless my feet have blown up lately, I'm a 45 on a brannock), but I picked up a pair of 986s in size 46 off​ groiled that have a reinforced inner toebox lining and they're heartbreakingly toe-crushing.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Special Order arrived in Munich. CC_tre/ BB_tre and Holger's personal L0 sneaker

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
holy sweet mother of god

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The inconsistent of Guidi sizing is a little irksome as well. I was so cocksure I was a 46 (unless my feet have blown up lately, I'm a 45 on a brannock), but I picked up a pair of 986s in size 46 off​ groiled that have a reinforced inner toebox lining and they're heartbreakingly toe-crushing.

It's only recently that I started hearing people say size up 1 on guidi backzips. When I was at pnp and archive (different times) I found a 988 most comfortable in 46 and a 788z in a 45.5. I assume the higher heel of 788z pushes my foot a bit forward and that's why I need only 1.5 sizes up. Regardless I can just get that in a 46 which is 2 sizes up and add an insole. In you situation it sounds like you need a 47 in 788/988 but now those are only special orders.

I guess not enough were selling in >45 so all retailers decided to not stock the sizes. Sounds a lot like Asia to me where I can't find a shoe to fit for the life of me.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the backzips stretch a TON, especially horse - if they're slightly tight when they fit, they'll feel fine more after a couple wears

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Keep in mind the backzips stretch a TON, especially horse - if they're slightly tight when they fit, they'll feel fine more after a couple wears

Even the height of a reinforced toebox? I'd love to make these work (and both width and length are ok), but it seems like a long shot.

100 yrs

Reaction score
is this an ok thread to post these? lucchese jonah.

i love these, but i'm not real sure on sizing. they feel different each time i wear them. sometimes they feel just right and sometimes they feel too small, and it varies foot to foot.

i enjoy looking at the pics in this thread even though most of these aren't my style and outside of my price comfort. also i can barely make out brand names or shoe models.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

is this an ok thread to post these?
lucchese jonah.

i love these, but i'm not real sure on sizing. they feel different each time i wear them. sometimes they feel just right and sometimes they feel too small, and it varies foot to foot.

i enjoy looking at the pics in this thread even though most of these aren't my style and outside of my price comfort. also i can barely make out brand names or shoe models.

your feet aren't static. they swell like any other part of your body. that's why they always suggest that you try on new shoes midday after you've been walking around when sizing.

100 yrs

Reaction score

your feet aren't static. they swell like any other part of your body. that's why they always suggest that you try on new shoes midday after you've been walking around when sizing.

sure, i'm aware of and follow that advice. these are my first side zips and it'll take me a bit to figure out how they need to fit. fine line between snug enough to not flop around and too tight, at least in my case.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sure, i'm aware of and follow that advice. these are my first side zips and it'll take me a bit to figure out how they need to fit. fine line between snug enough to not flop around and too tight, at least in my case.

I always am cautious and prefer slightly bigger as you can always get thicker socks and add insoles but cannot cut off toes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads