• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSgt93

Reaction score
MDubs, just returned the NXT Indys to TSM and ordered a half size smaller. Fingers crossed that they fit!

emidyl

Reaction score
just some quick pics of the LWB I picked up this afternoon. My first pr and quite happy with the colour. There's a bit of burnishing that I'm going to clean up and even out but otherwise I'm loving the red/brown tones.

postal007

Reaction score
Nice - those are the burnished tan LWB right? I like the color, looks very much like Ravello. Calf Aldens are underrated on this thread. :D
just some quick pics of the LWB I picked up this afternoon. My first pr and quite happy with the colour. There's a bit of burnishing that I'm going to clean up and even out but otherwise I'm loving the red/brown tones.

emidyl

Reaction score
Nice - those are the burnished tan LWB right? I like the color, looks very much like Ravello. Calf Aldens are underrated on this thread.
biggrin.gif
Yes they are. When they told me it was tan, I didn't know what to expect but burnished tan is way better.
I also thought it was close to ravello depending on the light because I've seen ravello here that differs quite a bit from one to the other.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow....that is amazing....I guess everyone's feet truly are different.

Are you sure that you are sized properly for that last?

Do you have a high instep?

Just asking....

Thanks.

I honestly don't know about my instep. I feel like I had this checked a while back but don't recall the results.

What I do know is that my feet/knees are terribly selective when it comes to shoes. I've had to donate, sell or give away many pairs of shoes because they don't work for me. I've worn the same model basketball shoe and running shoe for 5+ years in order to avoid pain/injury. Kind of annoying but I deal with it and live with it.

Edit- and it isnt like a foot pain or a blister issue- it is more of an issue of knee pain to a point where Im not able to walk.

I don't think it's a last issue. Everyone of the Hampton lasted shoes I know of have a single leather sole, which is incredibly tough on those of us with knee and joint problems. After three knee surgeries over the last 20 years I have made it a policy to buy only double leather dress shoes. I don't get much use out of my unlined flex soles (suede, chrmxl, etc...). I have always been tempted to snag a pair of 9016. I know @Watchman1 speaks highly of this shoe, and I trust his judgment but don't trust my knees! :(

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Ravello Tuesday?

1/8th, looking great! :)

Mike - I know I'm a couple weeks late, but are we going to see the 2 year anniversary family photo(s)? Does your website encapsulate your entire collection?

Ha! You caught me! I did not intend to take photos of my entire collection ever again, it just took way too much time, plus creates too much evidence of my rather apparent problem... AoSD covers essentially all of my Alden Collection, but does not encompass my shrinking collection of other models (AE, C&J, Carmina). I am considering family photos by color vice a complete family photo. I was thinking of doing it over a few months, but it dropped off my radar. We will see, maybe I might do a belated family photo... I did just do a LWB family photo though! :)

http://aldenofsandiego.com/the-king-of-the-wing/

I also just created the AoSD logo, which features a LWB as the icon, modeled after my Ravello LWB, but that doesn't matter... ;-)

For the spring .. wasn't sure about the atom style ... but digging it so far...

Looking good in your suede bluchers. I am sort of torn on the atom to be honest, its an interesting hybrid of the LWB and SWB...

MDubs, just returned the NXT Indys to TSM and ordered a half size smaller. Fingers crossed that they fit!

Hmmm.. Bummer that you had to return, but glad that you were able! Fingers are crossed for you!

6-eye Suede Chukka

Looking superb as expected Don! :) I really like those Chukkas more and more everytime I see them...

Those are fantastic looking wings.

-Mike

CEE88

Reaction score

Nice pick up. Is that chromexcel?

CEE88

Reaction score

I was in Maryland for business, and I took an hour drive into D.C. just to get these Kudu Longwings on double waterlock sole. My first pair of Alden's
Driving into DC - that shows real commitment. Congrats on the longwings, they look great!

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to grab a pair of Alden Brooks Brother's Cordovan wingtips. I believe they are on the park last, but I've never owned Aldens so I'm unfamiliar with them. In Allen Edmonds I'm a size 9D or E in the 5 last, and 9E in the 333 last, and 9D in the 1 last. Would I be able to fit into the Plaza last at size 9? I read it is about .5 size longer than brannock, which I have found the case to be with AE 5 last.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little more carpet time for the 975s. Next time, the brave new world.

denver0321

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience dealing with Leffot? I have just received an order from them and was dumbfounded that they do not accept returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads