• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z8k1n

Reaction score
Quite a day, I received three pair of Aldens! Whiskey WTBoots, Cigar Balmoral (catch and release) and Ravello Cap Toe Boots

The WhiskeyWTB I can't wait to get rolling but these Ravello boots are crazy fantastic

With Anatomica's Ravello

I thought the new Cigar Chukkas were dark and I was going to let them go.. here is a comparison w Cigar WTBoot, Balmorals way too dark for me..

WTBoots because I can't help it and have to give my friend their camera back soon ; )

so..the Balmoral's are going back/too dark&fancy for me, if someone wanted to trade for the Whiskey (or Cigar) Chukkas (7.5D) for 7D of an NST in Cigar or Ravello PM me : )
Here is Whiskey Chukka w new WTB

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Wow. That's a serious post up there.

omgimacarrot

Reaction score
Not sure if someone else has already posted this in here, but how is this even legal? It's a straight rip off of the Indy boot, although with the jcrew stitching instead of the 405.

https://huckberry.com/store/thursday-boot-company/category/p/22780-diplomat-boot
Leather looks like ****. I doubt Alden has a patent on the design of the Indy boot. I'm not even sure if patents on designs exist...probably. Now if the boot said Alden Indy Engineer boots, I think that'd be illegal.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leather looks like ****. I doubt Alden has a patent on the design of the Indy boot. I'm not even sure if patents on designs exist...probably. Now if the boot said Alden Indy Engineer boots, I think that'd be illegal.
Yeah, jcrew already made its own Chinese Goodyear welted Indy. Outrage was minimal here. Quality doesn't compare IMO but on sale they wound up around $150 or less.

neelp3

Reaction score
Quite a day, I received three pair of Aldens! Whiskey WTBoots, Cigar Balmoral (catch and release) and Ravello Cap Toe Boots

The WhiskeyWTB I can't wait to get rolling but these Ravello boots are crazy fantastic

With Anatomica's Ravello

I thought the new Cigar Chukkas were dark and I was going to let them go.. here is a comparison w Cigar WTBoot, Balmorals way too dark for me..

WTBoots because I can't help it and have to give my friend their camera back soon ; )

so..the Balmoral's are going back/too dark&fancy for me, if someone wanted to trade for the Whiskey (or Cigar) Chukkas (7.5D) for 7D of an NST in Cigar or Ravello PM me : )

Where did you get those Plaza shell Wingtip boots?

MT1982

Reaction score
Not sure if someone else has already posted this in here, but how is this even legal? It's a straight rip off of the Indy boot, although with the jcrew stitching instead of the 405.

https://huckberry.com/store/thursday-boot-company/category/p/22780-diplomat-boot

JCrew was recently selling their own knock off of the Indy. How many knock offs of Converse Chuck Taylors are floating around (many of them are priced higher than the shoes they are copies of)? How many knock offs of Adidas Stan Smiths are out there (same here, many are priced much higher than the originals)?

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With Anatomica's Ravello

Killer collection man.

Vicious49

Reaction score

Yeah, jcrew already made its own Chinese Goodyear welted Indy. Outrage was minimal here. Quality doesn't compare IMO but on sale they wound up around $150 or less.

True, but usually they try to differentiate themselves somewhat. This one doesn't even try it look a bit different. I didn't mean 'how is this legal' literally.

z8k1n

Reaction score
Killer collection man.

Thanks Bobbo, I discovered Aldens relatively late so have made up for lost time in only a few years ; )
And thankfully for my wallet there are only a couple pair I'd still like..

BFisher244

Reaction score

With Anatomica's Ravello

please teach me your secrets

are any of your 7d for sale?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

True, but usually they try to differentiate themselves somewhat. This one doesn't even try it look a bit different. I didn't mean 'how is this legal' literally.
I hear you. I thought the jcrew was pretty much a straight copy too. That one seemed odd bc they sell the Indy. Takes a bit of cheek (maybe chutzpah is the right word) to then also sell an uninspired knockoff too. But it's allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads