• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello LHS:

Great combo, still holding onto winter and yet anticipating spring all at once.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have extra toe room in their indys? My right foot is smaller than my left and the shoe makes a bit of a brushing sound on carpet and certain surfaces, which i believe is due to the extra 1/2-3/4 in of toe room. My left foot is perfect but I was wondering if someone has noticed this with thier shoes even something other than Indys?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Will try them out.
smile.gif

Thanks. I used renomat to clean the whole shoes first because they came with old polish from previous owner.

I dont know whether my deerbone is still usable beacuse it felt very dry. Is it suppose to be like that?
I think you're supposed to soak your deer bone is some sort of oil after it dries out. I think it's olive oil, but don't quote me. I'll try to dig up my paper that came with my deer bone.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have extra toe room in their indys? My right foot is smaller than my left and the shoe makes a bit of a brushing sound on carpet and certain surfaces, which i believe is due to the extra 1/2-3/4 in of toe room. My left foot is perfect but I was wondering if someone has noticed this with thier shoes even something other than Indys?

I experience this exact thing in ALL of my shoes regardless of the maker.

Coincidentally, Alden is the best fit for me overall.

How long have you been wearing the boots in question?

Because this will sometimes cease altogether and/or become much less noticeable as the boots become accustomed to your foot.

Thanks!

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!
The boots are only a couple weeks old and have about 10 wears (anywhere from 2-8 hours/ea) on them. Theyre the jcrew indys so the cxl become even softer in that time but I attribute some of the resistance to the stiff sole. They're very comfortable so its more of a nuisance than anything. The guy at shoemart was very persistent that 10D was the right size for me haha

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!
The boots are only a couple weeks old and have about 10 wears (anywhere from 2-8 hours/ea) on them. Theyre the jcrew indys so the cxl become even softer in that time but I attribute some of the resistance to the stiff sole. They're very comfortable so its more of a nuisance than anything. The guy at shoemart was very persistent that 10D was the right size for me haha

If you spoke to Ed Z. then he is perhaps the best in regard to Alden sizing.

Joe from DC is good as well.

But Ed has been selling Alden for many years. And, I believe he wears Alden's as well.

I say what I am about to say very respectfully; I have a hard time taking sizing advice from a woman due to the fact that THEY DON'T WEAR THE SHOES...

Styling advice?

Absolutely.

Fitting advice?

NO.

This is a lesson I learned the hard way.

One time I was in the AE store in Chicago, and there was a female associate wearing a pair of AE's. That was a total anomaly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Last edited:

walds11

Reaction score

Per Mike Sherman at Sherman Brothers...

"These shoes were just announced so we don't have them yet. I can check Monday for availability and let you know."

It appears that this shoe has been added to the standard full stock offerings in the Alden catalogue. I'll know today more today when Mike gets back to me.

Guys, just a quick follow-up...I spoke to Mike and also Ken at the other store. The CXL LHS loafers are now part of the standard full stock offering and are still in production. They should be available in about 6 weeks. The shortage of hand sewers is effecting the delivery times. I could order from Alden DC or SF, but would rather wait to see them in the flesh before pulling the trigger. So, the wait begins :)

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you spoke to Ed Z. then he is perhaps the best in regard to Alden sizing.

Joe from DC is good as well.

But Ed has been selling Alden for many years. And, I believe he wears Alden's as well.

I say what I am about to say very respectfully; I have a hard time taking sizing advice from a woman due to the fact that THEY DON'T WEAR THE SHOES...

Styling advice?

Absolutely.

Fitting advice?

NO.

This is a lesson I learned the hard way.

One time I was in the AE store in Chicago, and there was a female associate wearing a pair of AE's. That was a total anomaly.

How this helps.

Thanks!
That is an anomaly! Its certainly double take worthy.

I feel you. Im new to the boot/shoe scene so my fitting stories don't have very much variation. Although, I did buy a pair of Iron Rangers at a local RW store and it was a nightmare as far as sizing was concerned. He measured my feet and then asked me what size I normally wear. I said "You just measured my feet, youre supposed to know what fits? Long story short, I bought an 11 (my brannock size is just over just under an 11 depending on the foot) and after a few days i realized they were enormous and couldnt return them. I tried insoles, heel pads, nothing helped. I ended up getting $50 bucks in certificates from RW corporate which was nice. The woman who owns the store was like "Oh im sorry, I should have measured you" and I couldn't help but think, "isn't that what you're supposed to teach your employees"? Oh well. Got the Indys and am very pleased but i guess more sensitive than i should be.

Good to know im not the only one who experienced this. Im just going to keep wearing them and hope it sorts itself out. Im sure in a few years this will be a distant memory haha

Thanks again!

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife has more AE than I do...haha

I admire your wife's taste. Thats awesome that she enjoys a good pair of shoes. Too bad I cant get my girlfriend to wear leather anything... cant say shes too happy about my sudden infatuation with leather shoes. But to her defense, she did just buy me a lovely victorinox alliance chrono for no reason (not yet apparent anyway).

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One time I was in the AE store in Chicago, and there was a female associate wearing a pair of AE's.  That was a total anomaly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I've seen the same at my local AE store.

My wife has more AE than I do...haha

I wish this was the case. My wife likes clogs, which I find to be a bit of a downer. Lord knows I've tried to sway her from them. Fortunately, pretty much everything else about her is wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads