• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey Wednesday. Alden did a great job on the straps on these, every angle shows them as a different shade. When I look straight down at them they look almost the same shade as the rest of the shoe.

Gold medal winner right there.
Just received a pair of 975s from J Crew, and the eyes are misaligned. I know this is an issue, but is this too much that I should send them back? Will it get worse with break in?

It will not get worse with break in.
I have 2 or 3 misaligned like that.
Send them back, 975 is readily available, I would want a perfect pair if i was paying full retail.

Last edited:

AndyC

Reaction score
^ Those 975s look all kinds of wrong. Maybe it's the angle but various things look off in addition to eyelets, which look bad. Sorry.

I can offer my personal opinion which is send them back.

Gold medal winner right there.
It will not get worse with break in.
I have 2 or 3 misaligned like that.
Send them back, 975 is readily available, I would want a perfect pair if i was paying full retail.

Agree 100%. For full price, you should be able to get a pristine pair of 975s

Thanks, gents. They're packaged and on the way back.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

On another note, (And not to hijack this thread...:) )

Carmina makes some incredible ladies boots in Ruby cordovan...

Carmina makes some incredible mens boots in, for all intents and purposes, is basically Ravello (Cognac)

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Wednesday. Alden did a great job on the straps on these, every angle shows them as a different shade. When I look straight down at them they look almost the same shade as the rest of the shoe.
Mine are the same way. Love that about them and why they are the King of LHS

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ravello heaven just arrived from our nations Capital...

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a lesson I learned the hard way.

One time I was in the AE store in Chicago, and there was a female associate wearing a pair of AE's. That was a total anomaly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
I ran into a female SA at AE in Houston. She wore AE strands and was quite helpful in sizing. The strands never looked so sexy!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
My wife refuses to wear anything but Stuart Weitzman, which can be as expensive as Alden. (She has difficulty sizing her narrow foot with other shoemakers.) I have the same difficulty with non-Alden shoes...
rotflmao.gif

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a pair of 975s from J Crew, and the eyes are misaligned. I know this is an issue, but is this too much that I should send them back? Will it get worse with break in?

Have you put them on and laced them up? Things may line up differently with your foot inside of them. Wouldn't hurt to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads