• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryIII

Reaction score

thanks for the kind words gentlemen. yes, plaza lasted. started raining about an hour ago, will finish the day wearing adidas.

2015 alden list:
epaulet alt-weins
madison ravello swb
madison whiskey sw boot
leather soul suede sw boot

+1 on the Alt Weins and LS Suede SW boots, looking forward to those. That might be all I can do in 2015. Didn't sneak the AoC #8 WT boots in, went straight at it and took a little flack... (Think Rocky vs Ivan Drago) Need to space out the purchases a little more :)

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
That's a bit of a loaded question, right? I would imagine most Alden enthusiasts at least have some knowledge of this thread. Would be hard to spend any time online and not discover it
I think this thread is how probably 90% of people discover Alden. If it wasn't for this thread (thanks a lot), I'm not sure how much longer it would have taken me to find them...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Here's a question: Has anyone had a stranger approach and say "Sweet Aldens dude"?

I have twice in airports.
Nope. Just some "nice shoes", but never anything more specific.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Yeah never any acknowledgement on the brand just "nice shoes". Only Alden-ers I've met have been @tifosi and @BenLeaman. It was nice to talk about this niche hobby with them!

+1 Ready for the next one!!

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Just curious, do you actually know any "Alden people" outside of this thread?

Other than the few local retailers that carry a very limited stock of Aldens, I don't really know anyone that is familiar with the brand.

My brother got me into Aldens and while he is on SF he doesn't participate in this thread.
I have been fortunate enough to meet quite a few of the guys on here though...
@chrisefi
@tifosi
@mdubs
@MrDV
@SouthNarc

Here's a question: Has anyone had a stranger approach and say "Sweet Aldens dude"?

I have twice in airports.

Once with my Unionmade Halleck boots but my Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots always draw compliments :D

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New @ Unionmade and very... green.

AidanSSK

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site, but not this thread. I've been lurking for a while now, ogling all of the beautiful Adens you have. I'm committed to buying a pair, but I have limited knowledge of sizing and there aren't any places near me that have Aldens I could try on. My only 'quality' leather boots I've owned thus far are the more expensive Chippewas, and some Thorogoods, both of which I've retired after years of hard use. Currently I'm wearing another pair of Chippewa 6in boots, and they're aging & wearing beautifully (I've included a picture because I do love them[they look darker than they actually are]). With all of that said, I would like some opinions and suggestions on where to start with Aldens.

--I'm a size 11D in sneakers, Sperrys as well, but in most boots I'm a 10-10.5D depending on the make/manufacturer. I'm a 10.5 in Clarks.
--I definitely want a boot, but I'm not particularly fond of the captoe. I love the wingtip styling but since I'm in school I don't think that it's appropriate considering I'm wearing just Nudie jeans or Naked & Famous selvedge jeans w/ a casual dress shirt, sweater, or a flannel, more or less, every day. Suggestions on a compromise between the two?
--How much should I expect to spend? Upwards of $600? (or in the $5-600 range?)
--Where, other than LSHi, should I go to get these boots online?

I want something nice, but not too dressy. I understand that they're boots, but I'm not going to be roughing them up like less expensive ones. I intend to wear them almost daily, giving them a break with cedar shoe trees of course, so comfort-wise, which sole should I be looking? For durability? Also, thoughts on shoe polish/cream/mink oil/etc. Should I start w/ saddle soap right out of the box, or apply product as needed?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm a newbie at this. Looking forward to all response. Have a happy NYE

AidanSSK

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I wonder if stevent is tired of us mentioning him for every green shoe in every thread??? hahaha

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@AidanSSK

Welcome!

Sorry for quick post but about to jump on a plane. I wear wingtip boots in a casual seeing all the time. I would not be concerned at all.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads